- Economic models for information systems
- Data mining, data warehousing and information logistics
- Language technology for BIS
- Mobile e-business, web services for e-business, e-commerce
- Legal information systems
- Business intelligence
- Knowledge management
- Decision support systems
- Strategic information systems
- Artificial intelligence, expert systems, multimedia
- Accounting information systems
- Balanced scorecard, performance measures/metrics
- IT/IS evaluation, internet standards/protocols/communications
- ERP and supply chains; CRM
More on this journal...
The main objectives of IJBIS are to promote the research and practice of new strategies, tools, techniques and technologies for the design, development and implementation of BIS. This will help improving the organisational competitiveness in both service and manufacturing industries around the world. IJBIS aims to help professionals working in the field of BIS, academic educators, industry consultants, and practitioners to contribute, to disseminate and to learn from each other’s work. The global dimension is emphasised to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the accelerating technological changes and changes in global economy. IJBIS aims to act as a forum for exchanging innovative ideas and sharing research and practical experiences in BIS. IJBIS will publish high quality articles in all areas of BIS.Readership
IJBIS is a forum to help professionals, academics, researchers, practitioners and policy makers, working in the field of BIS, to discuss the important ideas, concepts and disseminate information and to learn from each other’s work.Contents
IJBIS publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Also, IJBIS will publish system development and applications papers. Special Issues devoted to important topics in BIS will occasionally be published.
Browse issuesVol. 12
IJBIS is indexed in:
IJBIS is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, University of Massachusetts – Dartmouth, USA
- Back, Barbro, Åbo Akademi University, Finland
- Backhouse, James, London School of Economics, UK
- Bansler, Jørgen P., Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Choobineh, Joobin, Texas A&M University, USA
- Chu, Bei-Tseng (Bill), UNC Charlotte, USA
- Finnie, Gavin, Bond University, Australia
- George, Joey, Florida State University, USA
- Gill, Sam S., San Francisco State University, USA
- Gottlob, Georg, Vienna University of Technology/TU Wien, Austria
- Grover, Varun, Clemson University, USA
- Gulla, Jon Atle, IDI Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Hackney, Raymond, Manchester Metropolitan University, UK
- Harrison, Alan, Cranfield University, UK
- Irani, Zahir, Brunel University, UK
- Jeffcoate, Judith, University of Buckingham, UK
- Johnson, Margaret, Stanford University, USA
- Johnston, Robert B., University of Melbourne, Australia
- King, William, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Klashner, Robb, New Jersey Institute of Technology, USA
- Kochikar, Vivekanand, Infosys Technologies Ltd., India
- Kunnathur, Anand S., University of Toledo, USA
- Lee, Jae Kyu, Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Lee-Post, Anita, University of Kentucky, USA
- Love, Peter E.D., Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Massey, Anne, Indiana University, USA
- Mathiassen, Lars, Georgia State University, USA
- Ngai, Eric W.T., The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Oberweis, Andreas, University of Karlsruhe, Germany
- Palley, Michael, City University of New York, USA
- Poo, Danny, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Raghunathan, Sankaran P., National Management School, India
- Ramaprasad, Arkalgud, University of Illinois, Chicago, USA
- Rapp, Birger, Blekinge Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Rolland, Erik, University of California, USA
- Rolland, Knut H. R., Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU), Norway
- Sato, Osam, Tokyo Keizai University, Japan
- Savage, Arline, Cal Poly State University, USA
- Shea, Timothy, University of Massachusetts – Dartmouth, USA
- Sheffield, Jim, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Sondheimer, Norman, University of Massachusetts – Amherst, USA
- Spalanzani, Alain, University of Pierre Mendes-France (UPMF), France
- Sutton, Steve G., University of Melbourne, Australia and University of Central Florida, USA
- Talluri, Srinivas, Michigan State University, USA
- Tribolet, José M., Instituto Superior Técnico- U.T.L, Portugal
- Tyrväinen, Pasi, University of Jyväskylä, Finland
- Vlachopoulou, Maro, University of Macedonia, Greece
- Wieringa, R.J., University of Twente, Netherlands
- Wilson, David W., University of London, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted via email.
Read our Author Guidelines.
Meet all requirements listed in our Submissions Checklist.
Send one copy of your article via email to
Prof. Angappa Gunasekaran (agunasekaranumassd.edu).