International Journal of Reliability and Safety
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Zissimos P. Mourelatos
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJRS provides an authoritative source of information and an international forum in the field of reliability and safety. It is a highly professional and refereed journal that aims to achieve a balance between academic rigour and practical applications from all disciplines. In addition, prominent members of the reliability and safety community may serve as guest editors of special issues dedicated to a specific subject.
Topics covered include
- Reliability assessment methods
- Uncertainty quantification and propagation using probabilistic and non-probabilistic methods
- Engineering decisions under uncertainty
- Probabilistic and non-probabilistic safety assessment
- Reliability and safety relationship
- Engineering design for safety and reliability
- Reliability-based condition assessment
- Reliability-based design optimisation
- Robust design
- Progressive reliability
- System reliability
- Random fields
- Stochastic finite elements
- Other relevant topics
The goal of IJRS is to provide an international forum for information exchange in the development and application of non-deterministic methods and practices for the enhancement of product and process reliability and safety. It also aims to help engineers, applied scientists, educators and policy makers to contribute, disseminate information and learn from each other|s work in the area of reliability and safety.
Professionals, academics, researchers and managers of all disciplines in the area of reliability and safety.
IJRS publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation. Suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJRS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Asian Digital Library
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Ergonomics Abstracts - Ergo-Abs
- Google Scholar
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- International Abstracts in Operations Research (Palgrave Macmillan)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJRS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Mourelatos, Zissimos P., Oakland University, USA
- Beer, Michael, Leibniz University Hannover, Germany
- Katafygiotis, Lambros, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Mahadevan, Sankaran, Vanderbilt University, USA
- Nikolaidis, Efstratios, The University of Toledo, USA
- Papadimitriou, Costas, University of Thessaly, Greece
- Yadav, Om Prakash, North Dakota State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Au, Siu-Kui, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Azarm, Shapour, University of Maryland, USA
- Beck, James L., California Institute of Technology, USA
- Bucher, Christian, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Cafeo, John, GM R&D Center, USA
- Ching, Jianye, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Chiodo, Elio, Università degli Studi di Napoli Federico II, Italy
- Choi, Kyung K., University of Iowa, USA
- Conte, Joel P., University of California, San Diego, USA
- Du, Xiaoping, University of Missouri - Rolla, USA
- Elishakoff, Isaac, Florida Atlantic University, USA
- Faber, Michael, Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Faravelli, Lucia, University of Pavia, Italy
- Gea, Hae Chang, Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey, USA
- Ghiocel, Dan M., Ghiocel Predictive Technologies, Inc, USA
- Gorsich, David J., US Army TARDEC, USA
- Grandhi, Ramana, Wright State University, USA
- Grigoriu, Mircea, Cornell University, USA
- Haftka, Raphael (Rafi), University of Florida, USA
- Haukaas, Terje, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Jensen, Hector, Santa Maria University, Chile
- Kececioglu, Dimitri B., University of Arizona, USA
- Kim, Jongbae, Sungshin University, South Korea
- Kim, Nam-Ho, University of Florida, USA
- Kokkolaras, Michael, University of Michigan, USA
- Krishnamurty, Sundar, University of Massachusetts, USA
- Lee, Yung-Li, DaimlerChrysler Corp, USA
- Ling, Jing, DaimlerChrysler, USA
- Modarres, Mohammad, University of Maryland, USA
- Muhanna, Rafi L., Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Nair, Prasanth B., University of Southampton, UK
- Papadrakakis, Manolis, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Papalambros, Panos Y., University of Michigan, USA
- Pettit, Chris L., United States Naval Academy, USA
- Phoon, Kok Kwang, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Pierre, Christophe, McGill University, Canada
- Quek, Ser Tong, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Singhal, Suren, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center, USA
- Sobczyk, Kazimierz, Polish Academy of Science, Poland
- Tang, Wilson, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Thacker, Ben H., Southwest Research Institute, USA
- Tonon, Fulvio, The University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Vaccaro, Alfredo, University of Sannio, Italy
- Wang, Zhonglai, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, China
- Wu, Justin Y-T., Applied Research Associates, Inc, USA
- Xie, Liyang, Northeastern University, China
- Yang, Ren-Jye, Ford Research and Advanced Engineering, USA
- Yuen, Kelvin Ka-Veng, University of Macau, China
- Zhang, Hao, University of Sydney, Australia
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
12 July, 2018
Masonry dams are a critical component in civil engineering infrastructure across the world acting as the stalwart of water reservoirs for drinking and hydroelectric power generation. Given this, there is a need to understand the stresses and strains that such dams face especially when structural damage occurs during and after an earth tremor earthquake. Researchers in Germany have devised a method that can reveal localised damage and identify the degree to which a masonry dam has been compromised under a given scenario. Given that lives may depend on the integrity of such a dam, it is critical to understand the changes they may undergo and the means by which they might be repaired. [...]More details...