International Journal of Reliability and Safety
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Yiliu Liu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2.4 (2022)
IJRS provides an authoritative source of information and an international forum in the field of reliability and safety. It is a highly professional and refereed journal that aims to achieve a balance between academic rigour and practical applications from all disciplines. In addition, prominent members of the reliability and safety community may serve as guest editors of special issues dedicated to a specific subject.
Topics covered include
- Physics of reliability and safety
- Model-based system reliability assessment
- Data-driven reliability analysis
- Design for reliability and robustness
- Resilience engineering
- Reliability-centered maintenance
- Condition monitoring, fault diagnosis and PHM
- Risk and barrier analysis
- Risk-related decision making and risk management
- Accident investigation
- Standardisation and compliance management
- Emergency management
- Human factors and ergonomics
- Safety culture and organisation
- Insurance and safety-related economic analysis
The goal of IJRS is to provide an international forum for information exchange in the development and application of non-deterministic methods and practices for the enhancement of product and process reliability and safety. IJRS also aims to help engineers, applied scientists, educators and policy makers to contribute and disseminate information and to learn from each other in the areas of reliability and safety.
Professionals, academics and researchers of all disciplines in the areas of reliability and safety.
IJRS publishes original research papers, review papers, case studies, book reviews, notes, commentaries and news. Multidisciplinary studies and research for interconnecting humans, technology and organisations are gladly received. IJRS also invites applied studies in (but not limited to) oil, gas, processing and mining industries; transportation, including railway, road, aviation and maritime; renewable energies such as wind, hydrogen, solar, hydro; manufacturing industries; network systems such as power distribution, telecommunication and other infrastructures; autonomous systems and robots; public sectors such as healthcare and municipal services. Contributions may be by submission or invitation. Suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJRS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Ergonomics Abstracts - Ergo-Abs
- Google Scholar
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- International Abstracts in Operations Research
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJRS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Liu, Yiliu, Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Mourelatos, Zissimos, Oakland University, USA
- Chaturvedi, Sanjay K., Indian Institute of Technology, India
- Droguett, Enrique Lopez, University of California at Los Angeles, USA
- Gu, Xiuzhu, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Japan
- Lin, Janet, Luleå University of Technology, Sweden
Regional Editor Australasia
- Abbassi, Rouzbeh, Macquarie University, Australia
Regional Editor Europe
- Sriramula, Srinivas, University of Aberdeen, UK
Regional Editor North America
- Ahmed, Salim, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Conte, Joel P., University of California, San Diego, USA
- Galar, Diego, TECNALIA, Spain
- Grandhi, Ramana, Air Force Institute of Technology, USA
- Innal, Fares, 20 August 1955 University of Skikda, Algeria
- Kang, Henry Hooi-Siang, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Kim, Hyungju, University of South-Eastern Norway, Norway
- Li, Lishuai, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Limon, Shah, Slippery Rock University, USA
- Machado, Mario Marcondes, Petróleo Brasileiro S.A. - Petrobras, Brazil
- Mazurkiewicz, Dariusz, Lublin University of Technology, Poland
- Meng, Huixing, Beijing Institute of Technology, China
- Mizutani, Satoshi, Aichi Institute of Technology, Japan
- Rahimi, Maryam, Virgin Hyperloop, USA
- Ram, Mangey, Graphic Era University, India
- Shao, Haidong, Hunan University, China
- Si, Shubin, Northwestern Polytechnical University, China
- Vu, Hai Canh, University of Technology of Compiègne, France
- Wang, Xiaolin, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Wang, Zhonglai, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, China
- Wu, Shengnan, China University of Petroleum (Beijing), China
- Xiahou, Tangfan, University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, China
- Yatim, Ardiyansyah Saad, Universitas Indonesia, Indonesia
- Zhang, Liangwei, Dongguan University of Technology, China
- Zhao, Xufeng, Nanjing University of Aeronautics & Astronautics, China
- Zheng, Junjun, Ritsumeikan University, Japan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.