International Journal of Procurement Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Angappa Gunasekaran
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- CiteScore 2.3 (2021)
Globalisation of market and operations, including outsourcing, lead to global purchasing and supplier development. This perspective indicates the importance of effective procurement and supply functions for organisational effectiveness and competitiveness. In addition, developments in IT/IS, such as enterprise resource planning and radio frequency identification, have a significant impact on procurement functions and supply management. IJPM addresses development of procurement resources, highlighting the implications that purchasing and supply management functions have on organisational productivity and competitiveness in the global market.
Topics covered include
- Procurement/supply management strategies/systems, outsourcing
- Managing supplier development/innovation
- Purchasing/corporate strategy alignment
- Global procurement/supply development, selling consortiums
- [Supplier] performance measures/metrics/communication, benchmarking
- IT/IS, e.g ERP, RFID, e-procurement
- Environmental issues, green supply management, sustainable procurement
- Ethical standards, human resource management
- Cost models, evaluating costs/benefits
- Reengineering procurement processes
- Inventory/demand/project/risk management
- Public sector organisations, military establishments
- Modelling and analysis
- Procurement teams/organisation, agile procurement/supply systems
- Corporate social responsibility, supplier relationship protocols
The main objective of IJPM is to provide a platform for interaction between researchers and practitioners who are dealing with procurement function and supply management. The journal also promotes and coordinates developments in the field of procurement and supply management. Due attention will be given to procurement and supply management in both private and public sector organisations.
The global dimension is emphasised with the objective of overcoming various cultural and political barriers and in turn to meet the needs of effective management of procurement and supply in the global market through appropriate technological and organisational changes. IJPM aims to provide the executives and academics with the state of the art of procurement and supply strategies, techniques and tools. Furthermore, the journal will facilitate the exchange of information about procurement and supply management among researchers and practitioners in the field of procurement and supply management.
IJPM acts as a vehicle to help professionals, practitioners, academics and researchers, working in the field of procurement and supply management, to disseminate information and latest developments and to learn from each other's research.
IJPM publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in procurement and supply management will occasionally be published.
IJPM is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJPM is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, Penn State Harrisburg, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Ashayeri, Jalal, Tilburg University, Netherlands
- Aviv, Yossi, Washington University, USA
- Batt, Peter J., Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Billington, Corey, IMD Business School, Switzerland
- Buvik, Arnt, Molde University College, Norway
- Callender, Guy, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Carter, Joseph R., Arizona State University, USA
- Cavinato, Joseph, Thunderbird School of Global Management, USA
- Chandra, Charu, University of Michigan – Dearborn, USA
- Chandra, Pankaj, Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad, India
- Chen, Frank Y., Chinese Univ. of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Christiansen, Poul Erik, Copenhagen Business School, Denmark
- Colin, Jacques, Université de la Méditerranée, France
- Cox, Andrew, University of Birmingham, UK
- Cullen, John, University of Sheffield, UK
- Day, Marc, Henley Management College, UK
- Dubois, Anna, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Fawcett, Stanley E., Weber State University, USA
- Francis, Mark, Cardiff Metropolitan University, UK
- Ghosh, Soumen, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Glickman, Theodore S., George Washington University, USA
- Goh, Mark, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Graves, Andrew Peter, University of Bath, UK
- Griffin, Paul, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Harland, Christine, University of Bath, UK
- Harrison, Terry, Penn State University, USA
- Hartley, Keith, University of York, UK
- Hulthén, Kajsa, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Jahns, Christopher, European Business School and Supply Management Institute SMI, Germany
- Kekäle, Tauno, University of Vaasa, Finland
- Klassen, Robert D., Ivey Business School at Western University, Canada
- Kwon, Ik-Whan G., St. Louis University, USA
- Léonard, Michel, University of Geneva, Switzerland
- Lewis, Michael, University of Bath, UK
- Macbeth, Douglas K., University of Southampton, UK
- Mason-Jones, Rachel, University of Glamorgan, UK
- McKinnon, Alan, Heriot-Watt University, UK
- Meade, Laura, Texas Christian University, USA
- Munson, Charles, Washington State University, USA
- Nichols, Jr., Ernest L., The University of Memphis, USA
- Norrman, Andreas, Lund University, Sweden
- Pache, Gilles, University of Montpellier, France
- Pearson, John, Arizona State University, USA
- Phillips, Paul, University of Kent, UK
- Piga, Gustavo, University of Rome Tor Vergata, Italy
- Poh, Kim Leng, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Price, Philip, University of Alaska Anchorage, USA
- Quaddus, Mohammed, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Radhakrishnan, P., Vellore Institute of Technology, India
- Ranganathan, Rajesh, Coimbatore Institute of Technology, India
- Reijniers, Jacques, Nyenrode Business Univesiteit, Netherlands
- Rennard, Jean-Philippe, Grenoble Ecole de Management, France
- Schiele, Joseph J., Oakland University School, USA
- Selen, Willem, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- Shah, Janat, Indian Institute of Management Bangalore, India
- Sollish, Fred, Institute for Supply Management, USA
- Stahre, Johan, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Szegedi, Zoltan, St. Stephen University, Hungary
- Trent, Robert, Lehigh University, USA
- Tummala, Rao, Eastern Michigan University, USA
- Venkataramanan, Munirpallam A., Indiana University, USA
- Venugopal, V., Nyenrode Business University, Netherlands
- Walton, Steve, Emory University, USA
- Wilding, Richard, Cranfield University, UK
- Zhu, Joe, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Zsidisin, George A., University of Missouri–St. Louis, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs, research notes and case studies are not published in this journal.
- All articles must be written in English, using UK spelling and terminology. If English is not your first language, please ask an English-speaking colleague to proofread your article.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find moreinformation on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.