International Journal of Rapid Manufacturing
- Editor in Chief
- Associate Prof. Bahram Asiabanpour
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Organisations now succeed or fail based upon their ability to respond quickly to changing customer demands and to utilise innovative technologies. In this environment, the advantage goes to the firm offering greater varieties of new products with higher performance and greater overall appeal. As a direct result, industry is required to apply new engineering philosophies such as Rapid Response to Manufacturing (RRM). IJRapidM addresses the advancement of RRM, especially engineering design and rapid manufacturing in an integrated form.
Topics covered include
- Advanced methods in design, prototyping, manufacturing
- New engineering paradigms/philosophies for advanced engineering design
- Solution methodologies in integrated design/manufacturing
- Principles, applications, implementation strategies/technologies
- Product lifecycle development/analysis for ease of manufacture/assembly
- Geometric modelling/dimensioning/tolerancing, feature-based/parametric design
- Process optimisation, quality, control
- Impact of rapid manufacturing on the design process
- Material/mechanical properties, solidification processes for powder/solids/liquids
- Traditional and rapid prototyping/manufacturing processes/capabilities
- Rapid manufacturing and MEMS, rapid tooling
- Medical applications
- Economic aspects/justification, rapid prototyping/tooling/manufacturing benefits
- Mass customisation, intelligent/lean/agile manufacturing
- Collaborative/web-based engineering, information management, e-commerce
The objective of IJRapidM is to provide a comprehensive collection of the latest research and technical work in the area of rapid tooling and manufacturing especially in an integrated engineering design environment The main goal is to serve as a resource for both researcher and practitioners.
Individuals with interest in the following are the primary audiences:
- Rapid response manufacturing
- Development life cycle
- Life cycle cost issues
- Mechanical design and materials
- Rapid manufacturing
- Reconfigurable manufacturing
IJRapidM will attempt to bring these topics under the same roof. It is the journal's goal to gather peer-reviewed research papers that are of interest to this. The contributions made to IJRapidM are expected to be from academic and research institutions, industries and government agencies.
IJRapidM will publish:
- Original full length articles reporting experimental and theoretical research
- Original applications reported with scholarly values
- General survey and critical reviews
- Book reviews
- Occasional Special Issues devoted to important topics in engineering design and rapid manufacturing
IJRAPIDM is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
IJRAPIDM is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Asiabanpour, Bahram, Texas State University, USA
- Kamrani, Ali K., University of Houston, USA
- Cormier, Denis, Rochester Institute of Technology, USA
- Fidan, Ismail, Tennessee Tech University, USA
- Gibson, Ian, Deakin University, Australia
- Rennie, Allan, Lancaster University, UK
- Beaman, Jr., Joseph J., University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Bernard, Alain, Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France
- Fadel, Georges, Clemson University, USA
- Jamshidi, Mo, University of Texas at San Antonio, USA
- Khoshnevis, Behrokh, University of Southern California, USA
- Usher, John M., Mississippi State University, USA
- Wysk, Richard A., North Carolina State University, USA
- Zeid, Abe, Northeastern University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Advincula, Rigoberto, Case Western Reserve University, USA
- Brooks, Hadley, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- Bruccoleri, Manfredi, University of Palermo, Italy
- Bukkapatnam, Satish T.S., Oklahoma State University and Texas A&M University, USA
- Chen, Yong, University of Southern California, USA
- Choobineh, Fred, University of Nebraska, Lincoln, USA
- Ghazy, Mootaz, Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport, Egypt
- Kumar, L. Jyothish, Additive Manufacturing Society of India, India
- Mojdeh, Mehdi, 3D Systems Corporation, USA
- Montreuil, Benoit, Université Laval, Canada
- Mumtaz, Kamran, Centre for Advanced Additive Manufacturing, UK
- Niknejad, Hossein Tehrani, Denso Corporation, Japan
- Pandey, Pulak Mohan, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
- Pei, Eujin, Brunel University London, UK
- Rao, Prahalad K., University of Nebraska-Lincoln, USA
- Salhieh, Sa'Ed M., University of Jordan, Jordan
- Sercombe, Tim, University of Western Australia, Australia
- Stecke, Kathryn E., University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- To, Albert Chi, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Vijayan, V., K. Ramakrishnan College of Technology, India
- Wilhelm, Micky R., University of Louisville, USA
- Williams, Stewart, Cranfield University, UK
- Zhang, Hong-Chao, Texas Tech University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.