International Journal of Rapid Manufacturing
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Sheng-feng Qin
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Organisations now succeed or fail based upon their ability to respond quickly to changing customer demands and to utilise innovative technologies. In this environment, the advantage goes to the firm offering greater varieties of new products with higher performance and greater overall appeal. As a direct result, industry is required to apply new engineering philosophies such as Rapid Response to Manufacturing (RRM). IJRapidM addresses the advancement of RRM, especially engineering design and rapid manufacturing in an integrated form.
Topics covered include
- Advanced methods in design, prototyping, manufacturing
- New engineering paradigms/philosophies for advanced engineering design
- Solution methodologies in integrated design/manufacturing
- Principles, applications, implementation strategies/technologies
- Product lifecycle development/analysis for ease of manufacture/assembly
- Geometric modelling/dimensioning/tolerancing, feature-based/parametric design
- Process optimisation, quality, control
- Impact of rapid manufacturing on the design process
- Material/mechanical properties, solidification processes for powder/solids/liquids
- Traditional and rapid prototyping/manufacturing processes/capabilities
- Rapid manufacturing and MEMS, rapid tooling
- Medical applications
- Economic aspects/justification, rapid prototyping/tooling/manufacturing benefits
- Mass customisation, intelligent/lean/agile manufacturing
- Collaborative/web-based engineering, information management, e-commerce
The objective of IJRapidM is to provide a comprehensive collection of the latest research and technical work in the area of rapid tooling and manufacturing especially in an integrated engineering design environment The main goal is to serve as a resource for both researcher and practitioners.
Individuals with interest in the following are the primary audiences:
- Rapid response manufacturing
- Development life cycle
- Life cycle cost issues
- Mechanical design and materials
- Rapid manufacturing
- Reconfigurable manufacturing
IJRapidM will attempt to bring these topics under the same roof. It is the journal's goal to gather peer-reviewed research papers that are of interest to this. The contributions made to IJRapidM are expected to be from academic and research institutions, industries and government agencies.
IJRapidM will publish:
- Original full length articles reporting experimental and theoretical research
- Original applications reported with scholarly values
- General survey and critical reviews
- Book reviews
- Occasional Special Issues devoted to important topics in engineering design and rapid manufacturing
IJRAPIDM is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
IJRAPIDM is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Qin, Sheng-feng, Northumbria University, UK
- Fidan, Ismail, Tennessee Tech University, USA
- Gibson, Ian, University of Twente, Netherlands
- Rennie, Allan, Lancaster University, UK
- Bernard, Alain, Ecole Centrale de Nantes, France
- Usher, John M., University of South Alabama, USA
- Zeid, Abe, Northeastern University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Asiabanpour, Bahram, Texas State University, USA
- Bruccoleri, Manfredi, University of Palermo, Italy
- Chen, Yong, University of Southern California, USA
- Cheng, Kai, Brunel University London, UK
- Ghazy, Mootaz, Arab Academy for Science, Technology and Maritime Transport, Egypt
- Kumar, L. Jyothish, Additive Manufacturing Society of India, India
- Montreuil, Benoit, Georgia Tech., USA
- Pandey, Pulak Mohan, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
- Pei, Eujin, Brunel University London, UK
- Sercombe, Tim, University of Western Australia, Australia
- Stecke, Kathryn E., University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- To, Albert Chi, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Vijayan, V., K. Ramakrishnan College of Technology, India
- Wilhelm, Micky R., University of Louisville, USA
- Williams, Stewart, Cranfield University, UK
- Zhang, Hong-Chao, Texas Tech University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
New Editor for International Journal of Rapid Manufacturing
7 May, 2022
Prof. Sheng-feng Qin from Northumbria University in the UK has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Rapid Manufacturing.