International Journal of Entertainment Technology and Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. George F. Fragulis
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJEntTM covers and disseminates the rapidly growing research and application domain of entertainment technology and management. In the knowledge society, entertainment is a key pillar towards a new era of human experience and transcendence supported by new media. Within this context, IJEntTM addresses an emerging discipline which stands in the converging domains of high tech and new media. In IJEntTM, entertainment management stands for the "holistic approach to interactivity as being the dominant transformation enhanced by digital media".
Topics covered include
- Infotainment, edutainment
- Digital interactivity, interactive TV, virtual/augmented reality
- Gameplay design, mobile gaming
- Persistent worlds, alternative reality gaming
- Ubiquitous computing, responsive environments
- Affective/haptic interfaces, tangible media
- 3D modelling, animation technology
- Constructionist learning technologies
- Digital psychodrama/therapeutic entertainment technologies
- Sociable media
- Inspirational interfaces, computational aesthetics
- Interactive animatronic robotics
- Remix design
- Transmedia storytelling, viral/guerrilla marketing
- Social/cultural issues in media production
The statement above provides the key differentiation of the journal and its unique value proposition. IJEntTM aims to become the leading scholarly edition covering multiple areas and disciplines by developing and diffusing knowledge in horizontal and vertical pillars.
It investigates entertainment technology and management issues in different contexts; it promotes in horizontal lines the different views of entertainment management by structuring a scientific debate featuring the participation of new kinds of interactive media industries and researchers.
IJEntTM aims to establish value-adding knowledge transfer and personal development channels in three distinctive areas: academia, industry and society, which summarise the three pillars in which a new scientific publication can play a significant role.
IJEntTM publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Fragulis, George F., University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Dhou, Khaldoon, Drury University, USA
- Vrana, Vasiliki, International Hellenic University, Greece
Editorial Board Members
- Antoniadis, Ioannis, University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Barin, Claudia Smaniotto, Universidade Federal de Santa Maria, Brazil
- Bartel, Alexander, Kempten University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Bekhiti, Belkacem, University M'Hamed Bougara of Boumerdes, Algeria
- Bertacchini, Francesca, University of Calabria, Italy
- Caci, Barbara, University of Palermo, Italy
- Casas, David Lizcano, Madrid Open University, Spain
- David, H. Benjamin Fredrick, K.R. College of Arts and Science, India
- Ferraz de Abreu, Jorge Trinidad, Universidade de Aveiro, Portugal
- Gabriele, Lorella, University of Calabria, Italy
- Horváth, Ildikó, Széchenyi István University, Hungary
- Lappas, George, University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Lopes, Phil, École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne, Switzerland
- Machajewski, Szymon, Grand Valley State University, USA
- Meletiou-Mavrotheris, Maria, European University Cyprus, Cyprus
- Mishra, Krishn Kumar, Motilal Nehru National Institute of Technology Allahabad, India
- Oliveira, Wilk, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Pham, Quoc Trung, Ho Chi Minh City University of Technology (VNU-HCM), Vietnam
- Saprikis, Vaggelis, University of Western Macedonia, Greece
- Shohieb, Samaa, Mansoura University, Egypt
- Solorzano Alcivar, Nayeth Idalid, Escuela Superior Politécnica del Litoral, Ecuador
- Tsintotas, Konstantinos, Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
- Zheng, Yong, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the journal for review and potential publication.