Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics, An International Journal
- Executive Editor
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. habil. A. C. Benim
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- Impact factor (Clarivate Analytics) 2019 0.534 (5-Year Impact Factor 0.497)
CFD is now considered an indispensable analysis/design tool in an ever-increasing range of industrial applications. Practical flow problems are often so complex that a high level of ingenuity is required. Thus, besides the development work in CFD, innovative CFD applications are also encouraged. PCFD's ultimate goal is to provide a common platform for model/software developers and users by balanced international/interdisciplinary contributions, disseminating information relating to development/refinement of mathematical and numerical models, software tools and their innovative applications in CFD.
Topics covered include
- Two-phase flows
- Heat transfer
- Chemical reactions and combustion
- Unsteady flows
- Fluid-solid interaction
- Navier-Stokes solution techniques for incompressible and compressible flows
- Discretisation methods and schemes
- Convergence acceleration procedures
- Grid generation and adaptation techniques
- Mesh-free methods
- Distributed computing
- Other relevant topics
The ultimate goal of PCFD is to provide a platform for information exchange between model and software developers and users, by balanced international and interdisciplinary contributions from both areas. It aims to disseminate information relating to development and refinement of mathematical and numerical models, software tools and their innovative applications in the area of CFD.
Professionals, academics, researchers and managers, model and software developers and users.
PCFD publishes original papers and short communications, as well as book reviews, announcements and news. Contributions may be submission or invitation, and suggestion for special issues and publications are welcome
PCFD is indexed in:
- Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics)
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- Chemical Abstracts (CAS)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Mathematical Reviews/MathSciNet (American Mathematical Society)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- Zentralblatt MATH (FIZ Karlsruhe)
PCFD is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Benim, A. C., Duesseldorf University of Applied Sciences, Germany
Editorial Board Members
- Abe, K., Kyushu University, Japan
- Amato, M., Italian Aerospace Research Centre (CIRA), Italy
- Baker, A. J., University of Tennessee, USA
- Bathe, K.J., Massachusetts Institute ofTechnology, USA
- Benhamadouche, S., EDF - R&D, France
- Bercovier, Michel, Hebrew University of Jerusalem, Israel
- Bhaganagar, K., University of Texas at San Antonio, USA
- Biringen, S., University of Colorado at Boulder, USA
- Biswas, G., Indian Institute of Technology, India
- Chung, T. J., The University of Alabama in Huntsville, USA
- Corcione, Massimo, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Durbin, P. A., Iowa State University, USA
- Fujima, Shoichi, Ibaraki University, Japan
- Heinrich, J. C., University of New Mexico, USA
- Janoske, U., University of Wuppertal, Germany
- Jasak, H., University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Jones, I.P., ANSYS Europe Ltd, UK
- Leschziner, M. A., Imperial College London, UK
- Menter, F., ANSYS Germany GmbH, Germany
- Noll, B., German Aerospace Center (DLR), Germany
- Oclon, P., Cracow University of Technology, Poland
- Ozoe, H., Kyushu University, Japan
- Perez-Segarra, C. D., Polytechnic University of Catalonia, Spain
- Peric, M., CD adapco Group, Germany
- Poncet, S., Aix Marseille University, France
- Quarteroni, Alfio, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Ramos, J. I., University of Malaga, Spain
- Sagaut, P., Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France
- Saurel, R., Aix Marseille University, France
- Shyy, W., Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Stopford, P.J., ANSYS UK Ltd, UK
- Suh, S.H., Soongsil University, South Korea
- Syed, K.J., ALSTOM (Switzerland) Ltd., Switzerland
- Tao, W. Q., Xi’an Jiaotong University, China
- Vallati, Andrea, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Wang, B. C., University of Manitoba, Canada
- Witt, P., CSIRO, Australia
- Zeitoun, D., Aix Marseille University, France
- Zhao, T. S., Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Zingg, David W., University of Toronto, Canada
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.