International Journal of Heavy Vehicle Systems
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. M. El-Gindy
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- Impact factor (Clarivate Analytics) 2020 0.915 (5 Year Impact Factor 0.84)
- CiteScore 1.1 (2019)
IJHVS provides an authoritative source of information and an international forum in the field of on/off road heavy vehicle systems, including buses. It is a highly professional and refereed journal which forms part of the proceedings of the International Association for Vehicle Design. IAVD is an independent, non-profit, learned society which provides a forum for professionals in both industry and academic institutions to meet, exchange ideas and disseminate knowledge in the field of automotive engineering, technology, and management.
Topics covered include
- Commercial trucks
- Vehicle combinations
- Conventional buses
- Hybrid buses
- Heavy military vehicles
- Integrated heavy vehicle systems
- Agricultural equipment
- Construction equipment
- Railway running gear components, including wheel, bearing, and brake testing and simulation
- Rail durability testing and simulation
- Rail vehicles longitudinal and lateral stability and control at high- and low-speeds
- Rail vehicles suspension and ride dynamics
- Heavy vehicles safety and human factors
- Light trucks, pickups, large SUVs and crossover vehicles
The objectives of IJHVS are to develop, promote and coordinate the science and practice of vehicle design. It also aims to help professionals working in the field, engineering and business educators and policy-makers to contribute, to disseminate information and to learn from each other|s work. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological change and changes in the global economy.
Professionals and academics in the field of automotive engineering, technology and management.
IJHVS publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJHVS is indexed in:
- Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics)
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Ergonomics Abstracts - Ergo-Abs
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- Technology and Management [TEMA] (WTi Frankfurt)
- TRID [Transportation Research Information Services + ITRD] (Transportation Research Board)
IJHVS is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- El-Gindy, M., University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT), Canada
- Zhu, Jian Jun, General Motors Co., USA
- Huang, Wei, Harman Automotive, USA
- Reina, Giulio, Politecnico di Bari, Italy
Editorial Board Members
- Ünlüsoy, Yavuz Samim, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Castejón, Luis, University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Cebon, David, Cambridge University, UK
- Clarke, Robert, Truck Manufacturers Association, USA
- De Pont, John, TERNZ Ltd, New Zealand
- Elischer, Matt, National Heavy Vehicle Regulator, Australia
- Gillespie, Thomas D., Mechanical Simulation Corporation, USA
- Gilmore, Brian, Deere & Company, USA
- Gunter, David, U.S. Army, USA
- Haque, Imtiaz, Clemson University, USA
- Hiller, Manfred, Universitat-GH-Duisburg, Germany
- Juhala, Matti, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
- Kemeny, Andras, Renault, Direction de la Recherche, France
- Kimbrough, Scott, MRA Forensic Sciences, USA
- Lozano, Alejandro, National Polytechnic Institute, Mexico
- Mantriota, Giacomo, Politecnico di Bari, Italy
- McPhee, John J., University of Waterloo, Canada
- Nordström, Olle, Swedish Road and Traffic Research Institute (VTI), Sweden
- Öijer, Fredrik, Volvo Group Truck Technology, Sweden
- Peter, Tamas, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Polach, Oldrich, Bombardier Transportation Ltd, Switzerland
- Shinar, David, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
- Tomizuka, Masayoshi, University of California at Berkeley, USA
- Velinsky, Steven A., University of California-Davis, USA
- Wong, J.Y., Carleton University, Canada
- Woods, Jeffrey M., USDOT/NHTSA/NVS-122, USA
- Zhang, Xiong, General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada, Canada
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.