- Embedded system architecture
- Embedded software
- Embedded hardware
- Application-specific processors/devices
- Real-time systems
- Hardware/software co-design
- Testing techniques
- Industrial practices, benchmark suites
- Emerging technologies/applications/principles
Embedded System Architecture:
- Heterogeneous multiprocessors, reconfigurable platforms, memory management support, communication, protocols, network-on-chip, real-time systems, and embedded microcontrollers, etc.
- Compilers, assemblers and cross-assemblers, programming, memory management, object-oriented aspects, virtual machines, scheduling, concurrent software for SoCs, distributed/resource aware OS, OS and middleware support, etc.
Application-specific Processors and Devices:
- System-on-a-chip, DSPs, hardware specification, synthesis, modelling, simulation and analysis at all levels for low power, power-aware, testable, reliable, verifiable systems, performance modelling, validation, security issues, real-time behaviour, and safety critical systems, etc.
- Network processors, real-time processor, media and signal processors, application-specific hardware accelerators, reconfigurable processors, low power embedded processors, bio/fluidic processors, bluetooth, handheld devices, flash memory chips, etc.
- All real-time related aspects such as software, parallel and distributed real-time systems, real-time kernels, real-time OS, task scheduling, multitasking design, etc.
- Methodologies, test and debug strategies, real-time systems, interaction between architecture and software design, specification and modelling, design representation, synthesis, partitioning, estimation, design space exploration beyond traditional hardware/software boundary, theory and algorithms, etc.
Industrial Practices and Benchmark Suites:
- All aspects of testing, including design-for-test, test synthesis, built-in self-test, and embedded test, for embedded and system-on-a-chip systems.
Embedded System Education:
- System design, processor design, software, tools, case studies, trends, emerging technologies, experience maintaining benchmark suites, representation, interchange format, copyrights, maintenance, reference implementations, and metrics, etc.
Emerging New Topics:
- Courses, textbooks, teaching tools and methods.
- New challenges for next generation embedded computing systems, arising from new technologies (e.g., nanotechnology), new applications (e.g., pervasive or ubiquitous computing, embedded internet tools), new principle (e.g., embedded engineering), etc.
More on this journal...
The objective of IJES is to provide a vehicle for academics, industrial professionals, educators and policy makers working in the field to contribute and disseminate innovative and important new work on embedded systems.
Scientists, engineers, researchers, graduate students, educators, managers and industrial professionals.
IJES is a refereed international journal providing an international forum to report, discuss and exchange experimental or theoretical results, novel designs, work-in-progress, experience, case studies, and trend-setting ideas. Papers should be of a quality that represents the latest advances in embedded systems in time-to-market, cost, code size, weight, testability, power, real-time behaviour, and stimulating future trends.
Browse issuesVol. 5
IJES is indexed in:
IJES is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Li, Kuan-Ching, Providence University, Taiwan
- Ji, Changpeng, Liaoning Technical University, China
- Liang, Zhongwei, South China University of Technology and Guangzhou University, China
- Kim, K.H. (Kane), University of California at Irvine, USA
- Abdelzaher, Tarek F., University of Virginia, USA
- Arabnia, Hamid R., University of Georgia, USA
- Balarin, Felice, Cadence Berkeley Labs, USA
- Baruah, Sanjoy K., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
- Bestavros, Azer, Boston University, USA
- Bhattacharyya, Shuvra S., University of Maryland, USA
- Boukerche, Azzedine, University of Ottawa, USA
- Chaudhary, Vipin, Wayne State University, USA
- Cheng, Albert M. K., University of Houston, USA
- Dean, Alexander G., North Carolina State University, USA
- Deprettere, Ed, Leiden University, Netherlands
- Dutt, Nikil, University of California at Irvine, USA
- Edwards, Stephen A., Columbia University, USA
- Harbour, Michael González, Universidad de Cantabria, Spain
- Hartenstein, Reiner, Kaiserslautern University of Technology, Germany
- Horiguchi, Susumu, Tohoku University, Japan
- Hsieh, Harry C., University of California at Riverside, USA
- Hsiung, Pao-Ann, National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan
- Hu, Xiaobo Sharon, University of Notre Dame, USA
- Jeong, Young-Sik, Wonkwang University, Republic of Korea
- John, Lizy Kurian, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Kaiser, Jörg, University of Ulm, Germany
- Krall, Andreas, Technische Universitšt Wien, Austria
- Kremer, Ulrich, Rutgers University, USA
- Lee, Hsien-Hsin (Sean), Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Liao, Shih-Wei, Intel Microprocessor Technology Labs, USA
- Lin, Bill, University of California, USA
- Lin, Man, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada
- Lo Bello, Lucia, University of Catania, Italy
- Manimaran, Govindarasu, Iowa State University, USA
- Melhem, Rami, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Palem, Krishna, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Prasanna, Viktor K., University of Southern California, USA
- Rammig, Franz-Josef, University of Paderborn, Germany
- Rem, Martin, Eindhoven University of Technology, Netherlands
- Shimasaki, Masaaki, Kyoto University, Japan
- Stenstrom, Per, Chalmers University of Technology, Sweden
- Sztipanovits, Janos, Vanderbilt University, USA
- Takada, Hiroaki, Nagoya University, Japan
- Tomiyama, Hiroyuki, Ritsumeikan University, Japan
- Torngren, Martin, Royal Institute of Technology (KTH), Sweden
- Vardanega, Tullio, Universitŗ di Padova, Italy
- Wu, Zhaohui, Zhejiang University, China
- Wunderlich, Hans-Joachim, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Xie, Li, Nanjing University, China
- Xue, Jingling, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Yuba, Toshitsugu, University of Electro-Communication, Japan
- Yukihiro, Nakamura, Advanced Scientific Technology and Management Research Institute of Kyoto, Japan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors†is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our information on preparing and submitting articles.