European Journal of Industrial Engineering
- Prof. Ali Allahverdi, Prof. Jose M. Framinan, Prof. Rubén Ruiz García
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- Impact factor (Clarivate Analytics) 2020 1.136 (5 Year Impact Factor 1.267)
- CiteScore 2.5 (2019)
EJIE is an international journal aimed at disseminating the latest developments in all areas of industrial engineering, including information and service industries, ergonomics and safety, quality management as well as business and strategy, and at bridging the gap between theory and practice.
Topics covered include
- Business and strategy, decision analysis
- Engineering economy, cost estimation
- Environmental issues
- Facility location, layout, design, materials handling
- Human factors, ergonomics, safety
- Education, case studies
- ICT and information systems
- Innovation, knowledge management, organisational learning
- Inventory, logistics, transportation, supply chain management
- Manufacturing, control, automation
- Product/process design and management
- Forecasting, production planning/control
- Project/operations management, scheduling
- Service systems/management, performance analysis, modelling/simulation
- TQM/quality engineering, reliability/maintenance engineering
The main goal of EJIE is to present state of-the-art, high quality, research developments in all areas of industrial engineering, including applications in industry and services, to a broad audience of academics and professionals. Target areas include manufacturing, operations management, product and process design, information systems, business and strategy, and quality management amongst others.
In order to bridge the gap between theory and practice, applications and case studies are particularly welcome. As regards theoretical papers, originality and research contributions will be regarded as key during the evaluation process.
The Editorial Board is committed to a quick and swift process ensuring not only that authors know the outcome of the evaluation process as soon as possible but also that the latest developments and advances are made available without delay to professionals, academics, researchers, and practitioners.
EJIE provides a platform for the dissemination of information, knowledge, and new developments among professionals, academics, researchers, practitioners and policy makers working in the broad field of industrial engineering.
EJIE publishes original full or short papers, as well as comprehensive reviews of special areas in the field. Case studies and real-world applications are particularly welcome.
EJIE is indexed in:
- Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics)
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
EJIE is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Allahverdi, Ali, Kuwait University, Kuwait
- Framinan, Jose M., University of Seville, Spain
- Ruiz García, Rubén, Universidad Politecnica de Valencia, Spain
- Cannella, Salvatore, University of Catania, Italy
- Dohi, Tadashi, Hiroshima University, Japan
- Eren, Tamer, Kirikkale University, Turkey
- Kacem, Imed, Université de Lorraine, France
- Mönch, Lars, FernUniversität Hagen, Germany
- Moon, Ilkyeong, Seoul National University , South Korea
- Naderi, Bahman, Kharazmi University, Iran
- Nielsen, Izabela Ewa, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Soroush, Hossein M., Kuwait University, Kuwait
- Vallada, Eva, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
Editorial Board Members
- Alvarez-Valdes, Ramon, University of Valencia, Spain
- Andrés Romano, Carlos, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
- Artigues, Christian, Université de Toulouse, France
- Austin, Robert D., Harvard University, USA
- Aydin, Mehmet E., University of the West of England, UK
- Barnes, John W., The University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Baykasoglu, Adil, Dokuz Eylul University, Turkey
- Bertsch, Valentin, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Cárdenas-Barrón, Leopoldo Eduardo, Instituto Tecnológico y de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey, Mexico
- Caridi, Maria, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Chatfield, Dean C., Old Dominion University, USA
- Ciavotta, Michele, Instituto Tecnolôgico de Informâtica, Spain
- Demeulemeester, Erik, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Dullaert, Wout, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam, Belgium
- Gao, Liang, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Geldermann, Jutta, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Germany
- Goldsman, David, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Haouari, Mohamed, Qatar University, Qatar
- Heragu, Sunderesh S., Oklahoma State University , USA
- Juan, Angel, Open University of Catalonia, Spain
- Knust, Sigrid, Universität Osnabrück, Germany
- Kovács, András, MTA SZTAKI, Hungary
- Laporte, Gilbert, HEC Montréal, Canada
- Lau, Henry Y.K., University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Leisten, Rainer, Universität Duisburg-Essen, Germany
- Malmborg, Charles J., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Medaglia, Andrés L., Universidad de los Andes, Colombia
- Montgomery, Douglas C., Arizona State University, USA
- Röder, Axel, DaimlerChrysler AG, Germany
- Rajendran, Chandrasekharan, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
- Riezebos, Jan, University of Groningen, Netherlands
- Sánchez Galdón, Ana Isabel, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
- Słowiński, Roman, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
- Schaller, Jeffrey, Easter Connecticut State University, USA
- Schuster, Christoph, Bayer Business Services GmbH, Germany
- Sivrikaya-Şerifoğlu, Funda, Düzce University, Turkey
- Song, Wheyming Tina, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Stützle, Thomas, Université Libre de Bruxelles, Belgium
- Tavakkoli-Moghaddam, Reza, University of Tehran, Iran
- Valente, Jorge M.S., Universidade do Porto, Portugal
- Villa, Gabriel, Universidad de Sevilla, Spain
- Węglarz, Jan, Poznan University of Technology, Poland
- Wilck, Joseph, University of Tennessee, USA
- Yih, Yuehwern, Purdue University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.