International Journal of Technology, Policy and Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Kurt J. Engemann
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJTPM is a refereed international journal that provides a professional and scholarly forum in the emerging field of decision making and problem solving in the integrated area of technology policy and management at the operational, organisational and public policy levels.
Topics covered include
- Management of technological innovation/development
- Critical technologies and policy analysis
- Evaluation of technology/systems
- Socio-economic consequences of new technologies
- Technology-based economic growth and government policy
- Globalisation and technology transfer
- Entrepreneurship, innovation and regional development
- Assessment of complex systems
- Policy decision-making and stakeholder involvement
- Technological risk and security
- Energy, sustainability and green technologies
- Infrastructure and transportation systems
- Information and decision technology
- Intellectual property and knowledge management
The goal of the IJTPM is to provide a forum for the emerging area of policy analysis, decision-making and problem-solving at the intersection of technology, policy and management. IJTPM is a scholarly journal aiming at building up and disseminating the growing body of new theories, practical methods, and experiences in this area. It serves the needs of scientists, policy makers, and professionals in the field by discussing latest theories, state-of-the-art techniques, and applications. Special emphasis is placed on the interaction between theoretical concepts and practical implementations, the exchange between policy analysts, and policy makers and the interface between analytic concepts and human and organisational problem solvers.
Professionals, academics, researchers, and managers.
IJTPM publishes original papers, theory-based empirical papers, review papers, case studies, conference reports, relevant reports and news, book reviews and briefs. Commentaries on papers and reports published in IJTPM are encouraged. Authors will have the opportunity to respond to the commentary on their work before the entire treatment is published. Special issues devoted to important topics in technology, policy and management, and related topics, will be published occasionally.
IJTPM is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Pirabase (Smithers Pira)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- ProQuest ABI/Inform Collection
- ProQuest Materials Science & Engineering Database
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database and Aerospace Collection
- ProQuest Technology Collection
IJTPM is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Engemann, Kurt J., Iona College, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Beroggi, Giampiero E.G., Zurich University of Applied Sciences, Switzerland
- Brown, Donald E., University of Virginia, USA
- Camp, L. Jean, Harvard University, USA
- Carley, Kathleen, Carnegie Mellon University, USA
- De Neufville, Richard, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- French, Simon, The University of Manchester, UK
- Heitor, Manuel F., Instituto Superior Técnico, Portugal
- Keeney, Ralph L., Duke University, USA
- Loucks, Daniel P., Cornell University, USA
- Mandell, Marv, University of Maryland Baltimore County, USA
- Mirchandani, Pitu B., University of Arizona, USA
- Mumpower, Jeryl L., Texas A&M University, USA
- Nijkamp, Peter, Free University, Netherlands
- Paté-Cornell, M. Elisabeth, Stanford University, USA
- Renn, Ortwin, Universität Stuttgart, Germany
- Sage, Andrew P., George Mason University, USA
- Walker, Warren E., Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Wallace, William A., Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.