International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Y.H. Venus Lun
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 8 issues per year
- Impact factor (Clarivate Analytics) 2021 1.5 (5 Year Impact Factor 1.559)
- CiteScore 2020 2.3
IJSTL is an international peer-reviewed journal addressing all methodological aspects in the field of shipping and transport logistics, particularly those that require empirical or mathematical analysis with managerial implications. IJSTL is dedicated to publishing original, high-quality and methodologically rigorous research papers that address significant management issues pertinent to shipping/transport logistics. IJSTL also publishes informative and critical book reviews of newly published books with scholarly and practical contributions that advance the state-of-the-art of the theory and practice of shipping/transport logistics.
Topics covered include
- Analysis of economies of scale in ship size and firm size
- Container positioning in liner shipping
- International trade and shipping
- Managing intermodal transport
- Market analysis in sectors of shipping and transport logistics
- Modelling and analysis of problems pertinent to shipping and transport logistics
- Risk analysis in transport logistics and physical distribution infrastructure
- Service quality in shipping and transport logistics
- Strategic alliances and relationship management in shipping and transport distribution
- Strategic management for managing shipping and transport logistics
- Transhipment and the development of hub and spoke in shipping
- Transport security
- IT and decision support systems for shipping management and physical distribution
- Warehouse and terminal operations and management
IJSTL combines the high standards of an academic approach with the practical value of industrial applications. Its objective is to promote original research and disseminate cutting-edge knowledge for improving practice in the management of shipping and transport logistics, and to strengthen the theoretical base that underpins sound management decision-making. It provides a forum for exchange of ideas and presentation of development in theory and applications for researchers and practitioners to advance knowledge for improving management in the field of shipping and transport logistics.
IJSTL provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of shipping and transport logistics, to disseminate information and to learn from one another's work.
IJSTL publishes original papers, review papers, case studies, conference reports and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Shipping and Transport Logistics will occasionally be published.
IJSTL is indexed in:
- Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics)
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Social Science Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- International Abstracts in Operations Research (Palgrave Macmillan)
- TRID [Transportation Research Information Services + ITRD] (Transportation Research Board)
IJSTL is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Lun, Y.H. Venus, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Lai, Kee-hung, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Ng, C.T. Daniel, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Wong, Christina W.Y., The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Cheng, T.C. Edwin, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Boon-itt, Sakun, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Dong, Ciwei, Zhongnan Univesity of Economics and Law, China
- Fernandez, Christina Sancha, Universitat Ramon Llull, Spain
- Park, Yong An, Korea Maritime Institute, South Korea
- Qing, Ding, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Song, Dongping, University of Liverpool, UK
- Tang, Huajun, Macau University of Science and Technology, China
- Wang, Xuan, Independent researcher, China
- Yang, Dong, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Yang, Liu, University of International Business and Economics, China
Editorial Board Members
- Banomyong, Ruth, Thammasat University, Thailand
- Bichou, Khalid, Imperial College London, UK
- Browne, Michael, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Cariou, Pierre, Euromed Management, France
- Choi, Thomas Y., Arizona State University, USA
- Coto-Millán, Pablo, University of Cantabria, Spain
- Dresner, Martin, University of Maryland, USA
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, Penn State Harrisburg, USA
- Haasis, Hans-Dietrich, University of Bremen, Germany
- Haralambides, H.E., Erasmus University Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Heaver, Trevor D., University of British Columbia, Canada
- Hilmola, Olli-Pekka, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Hoffmann, Jan, UNCTAD Trade Logistics Branch Division on Technology and Logistics, Switzerland
- Hwang, Hark, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea
- Jin, Zhihong, Dalian Maritime University, China
- Laporte, Gilbert, HEC Montréal, Canada
- Lee, Paul Tae-Woo, Zhejiang University, China
- Loo, Becky, University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Lu, Chin-Shan, The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Notteboom, Theo, Shanghai Maritime University, China
- Pallis, Thanos, University of the Aegean, Greece
- Panayides, Photis M., Cyprus University of Technology, Cyprus
- Pinedo, Michael, New York University, USA
- Prajogo, Daniel, Monash University, Australia
- Psaraftis, Harilaos N., Technical University of Denmark, Denmark
- Roe, Michael, University of Plymouth, UK
- Talley, Wayne K., Old Dominion University, USA
- Tang, Christopher S., University of California - Los Angeles, USA
- Tayi, Giri Kumar, State University of New York at Albany, USA
- Teo, Thompson S.H., National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Wong, S.C., University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Zachcial, Manfred, Institute of Shipping Economics and Logistics, Germany
- Zhang, Anming, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Zhu, Qinghua, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Zipkin, Paul H., Duke University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics increases issues
30 November, 2021
International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics has announced that it will be increasing issues from six to eight from 2022 onwards.
Improved Clarivate Citation Reports and Impact Factors for Inderscience Journals
16 July, 2021
Inderscience's Editorial Office is pleased to announce that 2021's Journal Citation Reports from Clarivate Analytics have revealed advances in impact factors for many Inderscience journals, including the European Journal of Industrial Engineering, European Journal of International Management, International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation, International Journal of Exergy, International Journal of Global Warming, International Journal of Mobile Communications, International Journal of Oil, Gas and Coal Technology, International Journal of Shipping and Transport Logistics, International Journal of Surface Science and Engineering, International Journal of Technology Management, International Journal of Web and Grid Services, and Progress in Computational Fluid Dynamics.
The Editorial Office would like to congratulate and thank all editors, board members, authors and reviewers involved, and is pleased to see their endeavours rewarded in these latest Citation Reports.