Global Business and Economics Review
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Peter-Jan Engelen
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 8 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 0.9
GBER is an international refereed journal for the presentation, discussion and analysis of advanced concepts, initial treatments and fundamental research in all fields of Business and Economics. Priority is given to insightful policy oriented articles that deal with the implications of the increasingly global business activity, especially written for the educated lay-person. GBER welcomes contributions from academicians, corporate executives, staff members of research institutions, international organisations and government officials.
Topics covered include
- Finance, corporate finance, financial management, investments, accounting
- Management, business studies, marketing, entrepreneurship
- Corporate governance, corporate social responsibility, sustainable finance
- Monetary economics, macroeconomics, international economics
- Environmental business and economics
- Business and economics education
- Further topics in any business or economics discipline
The objectives of the journal are to serve as a medium of open discussion for everyone interested in Business and Economics problems and to facilitate communication between Practitioners and Business/Economics Academicians as they pursue excellence in practice, teaching and research in an increasingly global environment.
ReadershipPrimarily, Practitioners and Academicians in Business/Economics; secondarily, Practitioners and Academicians in other fields of inquiry who desire to learn about Business and Economics in a global context.
GBER publishes original papers, review papers, case studies, and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to topics in vogue will occasionally be published.
GBER is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- IBSS [International Bibliography of the Social Sciences] (Proquest)
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
GBER is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Aston Business School list
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
- Cranfield School of Management list
- UGC (University Grants Commission)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Handelsblatt Ranking Volkswirtschaftslehre
- ICI World of Journals (Copernicus)
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- University of Queensland Business School Journal List
- Kantarelis, Demetri, Assumption University, USA
Editor in Chief
- Engelen, Peter-Jan, Utrecht University School of Economics, Netherlands
- Carlucci, Daniela, University of Basilicata, Italy
- Halicioglu, Ferda, University of Lincoln, UK
- Mihai-Yiannaki, Simona, European University Cyprus, Cyprus
- Rossi, Matteo, University of Sannio, Italy
- Wu, Weixiao, Assumption University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA
- Berg, Nathan, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Binner, Jane, Aston University, UK
- Cebula, Richard J, George Mason University and Jacksonville University, USA
- Chah, Eun Young, Ewha University, South Korea
- Dietrich, Michael, The University of Sheffield, UK
- Fait, Monica, University of Salento, Italy
- Falcão, Pedro Fontes, University Institute of Lisbon, Portugal
- Ferreira, Fernando Alberto Freitas, University Institute of Lisbon, Portugal
- Ferreira, João, University of Beira Interior (UBI), Portugal
- Floyd, David, University of Lincoln, UK
- Godinho, Pedro C., University of Coimbra and GEMF, Portugal
- Grabowski, Henry, Duke University, USA
- Gregoric, Aleksandra, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Guido, Gianluigi, Italy
- Inoue, Tadashi, Hiroshimashudo University, Japan
- Jalali, Marjan S., University Institute of Lisbon, Portugal
- Kabir, Rez, University of Stirling, UK
- Kool, Clemens, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Kurihara, Yutaka, Aichi University, Japan
- Lannoo, Karel, Centre for European Policy Studies, Belgium
- Masciandaro, Donato, Bocconi University, Italy
- Pitelis, Christos, University of Cambridge, UK
- Thompson, Henry, Auburn University, USA
- Thorpe, Michael, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Tse, Kalun, China Europe International Business School, China
- Valadkhani, Abbas, University of New England, Australia
- Vredenburg, Harrie, University of Calgary, Canada
- Wise, Victoria, Victoria University, Australia
- Yan, Ho-don, Feng Chia University, Taiwan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Investor personalities via Twitter
20 May, 2022
An analysis of the micro-blogging updates from investors posted on the social media site Twitter, offers an insight into the personality traits that are most closely linked to investment success. The research, published in the journal Global Business and Economics Review, suggests that successful investors predominantly exhibit two personality traits: emotional stability and openness... R. Ramprakash and C. Joe Arun of the Loyola Institute of Business Administration (LIBA) in Chennai, India, selected a group of successful investors active on Twitter and performed an analysis of their tweets using linguistic inquiry and word count (LIWC) software. They hoped to reveal from their tweets common personality traits among successful investors [...]More details...
Riding the pandemic white swan
22 February, 2022
The COVID-19 pandemic led to a massive economic downturn on a par with that experienced in the 2008 financial crash. Work published in the Global Business and Economics Review looks at this crisis from the perspective of the Indian stock market and how lockdown and unlocking society affected it. Narinder Pal Singh and Himanshu Goel of the Jagan Institute of Management Studies in Rohini, New Delhi, India, suggest that rather than being a rare and unpredictable and potentially devastating "black swan" event in the parlance of randomness expert Nassim N. Taleb, the COVID-19 pandemic is a "white swan" event. One that had been predicted to some degree many years prior to its emergence [...]More details...