Global Business and Economics Review
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Peter-Jan Engelen
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
GBER is an international refereed journal for the presentation, discussion and analysis of advanced concepts, initial treatments and fundamental research in all fields of Business and Economics. Priority is given to insightful policy oriented articles that deal with the implications of the increasingly global business activity, especially written for the educated lay-person. GBER welcomes contributions from academicians, corporate executives, staff members of research institutions, international organisations and government officials.
Topics covered include
- Accounting, management, marketing, entrepreneurship
- Business ethics, business law, law and economics
- Operations research, statistics, econometrics, experimental economics
- Business and economics education
- Microeconomics: theory and applications
- Government regulation, industrial organisation, game theory
- Urban, rural, regional economics and development economics
- Behavioural and health economics
- Environmental business / economics
- Labour economics / human resources
- International economics
- Macroeconomics, growth, government finance, monetary economics finance, investments
- Other - any business or economics discipline
The objectives of the journal are to serve as a medium of open discussion for everyone interested in Business and Economics problems and to facilitate communication between Practitioners and Business/Economics Academicians as they pursue excellence in practice, teaching and research in an increasingly global environment.
ReadershipPrimarily, Practitioners and Academicians in Business/Economics; secondarily, Practitioners and Academicians in other fields of inquiry who desire to learn about Business and Economics in a global context.
GBER publishes original papers, review papers, case studies, and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to topics in vogue will occasionally be published.
GBER is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- IBSS [International Bibliography of the Social Sciences] (Proquest)
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
GBER is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
- Cranfield School of Management list
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Handelsblatt Ranking Volkswirtschaftslehre
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- University of Queensland Business School Journal List
- Kantarelis, Demetri, Assumption College, USA
Editor in Chief
- Engelen, Peter-Jan, Utrecht University School of Economics, Netherlands
- Pires, Guilherme D., University of Newcastle, Australia
- Ferreira, Fernando Alberto Freitas, University Institute of Lisbon, Portugal
- Halicioglu, Ferda, Istanbul Medeniyet University, Turkey
- Kelly, Logan J., University of Wisconsin - River Falls, USA
- Mihai-Yiannaki, Simona, European University Cyprus, Cyprus
- Rossi, Matteo, University of Sannio, Italy
- Stavroyiannis, Stavros, Technological Educational Institute of Peloponnese, Greece
Editorial Board Members
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen, University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee, USA
- Berg, Nathan, University of Texas at Dallas, USA
- Binner, Jane, Aston University, UK
- Cebula, Richard J, George Mason University and Jacksonville University, USA
- Chah, Eun Young, Ewha University, South Korea
- Dietrich, Michael, The University of Sheffield, UK
- Fait, Monica, University of Salento, Italy
- Ferreira, João José Matos, University of Beira Interior (UBI), Portugal
- Floyd, David, University of Lincoln, UK
- Godinho, Pedro C., University of Coimbra and GEMF, Portugal
- Grabowski, Henry, Duke University, USA
- Gregoric, Aleksandra, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Guido, Gianluigi, , Italy
- Inoue, Tadashi, Hiroshimashudo University, Japan
- Jalali, Marjan S., University Institute of Lisbon, Portugal
- Kabir, Rez, University of Stirling, UK
- Kool, Clemens, Utrecht University, Netherlands
- Kurihara, Yutaka, Aichi University, Japan
- Lannoo, Karel, Centre for European Policy Studies, Belgium
- Masciandaro, Donato, Bocconi University, Italy
- Pitelis, Christos, University of Cambridge, UK
- Thompson, Henry, Auburn University, USA
- Thorpe, Michael, Curtin University of Technology, Australia
- Tse, Kalun, China Europe International Business School, China
- Valadkhani, Abbas, University of New England, Australia
- Vredenburg, Harrie, University of Calgary, Canada
- Wise, Victoria, Victoria University, Australia
- Yan, Ho-don, Feng Chia University, Taiwan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Brexit's impact on inward international investment
12 March, 2019
In June 2016, the UK voted to leave the EU in a national referendum vote. At the time of writing, the economic implications of the so-called British Exit from the EU, "Brexit" are yet to be fully clarified. Writing in "Global Business and Economics Review", Jeremy Head of the International Business and Economics Research Group (IBERG), Sheffield Business School, Sheffield Hallam University, analyses the possible impacts of different Brexit scenarios on inward foreign direct investment (FDI) to the UK [...]More details...