| Editor in Chief: Prof. Walter Leal Filho |
ISSN online: 1740-8830
ISSN print: 1740-8822
4 issues per year
IJISD focuses on broad aspects of innovation and sustainable development. It fosters discussion not only on technological innovation but on new ways of thinking about the complex and contested issues of sustainable development. Innovative thinking and practices in areas of economics, policy-making, legislation, health, education and the institutional barriers to sustainable development form the basis of the discourse to be fostered.
- Institutional change and sustainable development
- Policy-making for sustainable development
- Health and sustainable development
- Education for sustainable development
- Legislation and sustainable development
- Alternative economic paradigms for sustainable development
- Technological change and sustainable development
- Partnerships for sustainable development
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJISD are to establish a discourse on innovation and sustainable development that will engage policy-makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and people concerned about the structural and institutional changes needed to make the transition to sustainable development. An international dimension is central to the objectives of the journal.Readership
IJISD provides a vehicle for dissemination and exchange of information between professionals, academics, researchers, policy-makers and educators and all others interested in innovative and challenging thinking about the complexities of sustainable development.Contents
IJISD publishes papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, book reviews and commentaries. A broad approach is taken to innovation and sustainable development, although Special Issues of IJISD will focus on specific areas of innovation.
More on permissions
IJISD is indexed in:
IJISD is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Leal Filho, Walter, Hamburg University of Applied Sciences, Germany
(all correspondence to Deputy Editor)
- Evangelinos, Konstantinos I., University of the Aegean, Greece
- Nikolaou, Ioannis E., Democritus University of Thrace, Greece
- Choi, Yong-Rok, Inha University, Republic of Korea
- Skouloudis, Antonis, University of the Aegean, Greece
Editorial Board Members
- Chen, Shih-Chih, Southern Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- De Jongh, Derick, University of South Africa, South Africa
- Den Hond, Frank, Vrije Universiteit, Netherlands
- Eckersley, Robyn, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Fien, John, RMIT University, Australia
- Gibbs, David, University of Hull, UK
- Greenberg, Michael R., Rutgers University, USA
- Grubbström, Robert W., Linkping Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Hills, Peter, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Kim, Jim W., Korea Representative Office for State of Oregon, Republic of Korea
- Kim, Kyonghwan, Sunggyunkwan University, Republic of Korea
- Lee, Ki-Hoon, Griffith University, Australia
- Lindhqvist, Thomas, IIIEE - International Institute for Industrial Environmental Economics, Sweden
- Ma, Chaoqun, Hunan University, China
- Nam, Moon Hyung, Sookmyung Women's University, Republic of Korea
- Niu, Dongxiao, North China Electric Power University, China
- Pillania, Rajesh K., Management Development Institute Gurgaon, India
- Roth, Steffen, ESC Rennes School of Business, France
- Ryan, Chris, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Spangenberg, Joachim H., Helmholtz Centre for Environmental Research - UFZ, Germany
- Turcotte, Marie-France, Universit du Qubec Montral, Canada
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.