International Journal of Knowledge Management Studies
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Jin Chen
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1.6
Knowledge as a key resource will contribute to improving organisational performance if it is properly leveraged and harnessed. IJKMS is a refereed and authoritative source of information in knowledge management and related fields that is driven by new science, technology and philosophy. IJKMS is an interdisciplinary journal devoted to advancing all aspects of managing knowledge. It provides an outlet for high-quality, rigorous and original research by academics and practitioners that emphasises knowledge management both theoretically and practically.
Topics covered include
- Knowledge creation, acquisition, codification, classification, organisation
- Knowledge sharing, transfer, application, protection, retention
- Knowledge management design and development
- Knowledge management and implementation
- Measurement of knowledge management performance and benefits
- Techniques and methods for managing knowledge
- Technological tools for knowledge management, e.g.
∘ Knowledge bases, collaborative tools
∘ Expert/intelligent systems, knowledge mining/extraction
∘ Content/document management
∘ Portals, search and retrieval
∘ e-Learning, virtual reality, business intelligence, etc.
- Human, organisational, strategic, behavioural and socio-cultural aspects
- Public policy, economics, education policy, intellectual capital, ethics
- Other related aspects of knowledge management
The main objectives of IJKMS are geared towards:
- Capturing the latest information pertaining to all aspects of knowledge management
- Disseminating both theoretical and practical information of knowledge management
- Providing a platform to gain and exchange knowledge in the discipline
Academics, researchers, scholars, practitioners and managers working in various areas such as engineering, management, consultancy, education, finance, manufacturing, marketing, telecommunication, etc.
IJKMS publishes original, theoretical and empirical papers; case studies; conference reports; management reports; book reviews; notes; commentaries and news. In addition to the regular issues of the journal, IJKMS publishes Special Issues devoted to interesting topics in knowledge management.
IJKMS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- British Education Index (EBSCO)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Educators Reference Complete (Gale)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- International Abstracts in Operations Research (Palgrave Macmillan)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJKMS is listed in:
- ACPHIS (Australia) IS Journal Rankings
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
- The BFI lists
- UGC (University Grants Commission)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- HCERES (High Council for the Evaluation of Research and Higher Education)
- Index of Information Systems Journals (Deakin University)
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- VHB-JOURQUAL (Germany)
Editor in Chief
- Chen, Jin, Tsinghua University, China
Regional Editor Asia Pacific
- Wong, Kuan Yew, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
Regional Editor Europe
- Venkitachalam, Krishna, Estonian Business School, Estonia
Editorial Board Members
- Anantatmula, Vittal S, Western Carolina University, USA
- Awazu, Yukika, The Engaged Enterprise, USA
- Bhatt, Ganesh D, Morgan State University, USA
- Clegg, Stewart, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Desouza, Kevin C., Queensland University of Technology, USA
- Despres, Charles, Conservatoire national des Arts et Métiers, France
- Ermine, Jean-Louis, Institut National des Télécommunications, France
- Jih, Wen-Jang (Kenny), Middle Tennessee State University, USA
- Kallinikos, Jannis, London School of Economics, UK
- Kierkegaard, Sylvia Mercado, International Association of IT Lawyers, Denmark
- Martin, Bill, RMIT University, Australia
- Pawar, Kulwant S., University of Nottingham, UK
- Roy, Rajkumar, University of London, UK
- Sena, James A., California Polytechnic State University, USA
- Singh, Sanjay Kumar, Abu Dhabi University, United Arab Emirates
- Skyrme, David J., David Skyrme Associates Limited, UK
- Styhre, Alexander, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Tsui, Eric Y.H., The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Umemoto, Katsuhiro, The Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
- Weber, Frithjof, EDDEG AIRBUS Deutschland Knowledge, Germany
- Wu, Desheng (Dash), University of Toronto, Canada
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
International Journal of Knowledge Management Studies indexed by Emerging Sources Citation Index
18 May, 2021
Inderscience is pleased to announce that the International Journal of Knowledge Management Studies has been indexed by the Clarivate Analytics' Emerging Sources Citation Index.
Prof. Jin Chen, Editor in Chief of the journal, says, "This is really good news. Being indexed in ESCI marks another major milestone for our journal. As the Editor in Chief, I would like to take this opportunity to express my great thanks to our authors, reviewers, global community of readers and editorial board members who have worked for IJKMS as volunteers for the past few years. We will continue to uphold the principle of high-quality publishing and provide more in-depth and wide-breadth coverage of cutting-edge research results for researchers and practitioners in the field of knowledge management."