International Journal of Knowledge Management Studies
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Jin Chen
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.2 (2019)
“Knowledge as a key resource will contribute to improved organisational performance if it is properly leveraged and harnessed." IJKMS is a refereed and authoritative source of information in the field of knowledge management and related aspects.
Topics covered include
- Knowledge creation, acquisition, codification, classification, organisation
- Knowledge sharing, transfer, application, protection, retention
- KM design and development
- KM management and implementation
- Measurement of knowledge management performance and benefits
- Techniques and methods for managing knowledge
- Technological tools for knowledge management, e.g.
- knowledge bases, collaborative tools
- expert/intelligent systems, knowledge mining/extraction
- content/document management
- portals, search and retrieval
- e-learning, virtual reality, business intelligence, etc.
- Human, organisational, strategic, behavioural, socio-cultural aspects
- Public policy, economics, education policy, intellectual capital, ethics
- Other related aspects of KM
The main objectives of IJKMS are geared towards:
- Capturing the latest information pertaining to all aspects of knowledge management
- Disseminating both theoretical and practical information of knowledge management
- Providing a platform to gain and exchange knowledge in the discipline
Academics, researchers, scholars, practitioners and managers working in various areas such as engineering, management, consultancy, education, finance, manufacturing, marketing, telecommunication, etc.
IJKMS publishes original, theoretical and empirical papers; case studies; conference reports; management reports; book reviews; notes; commentaries and news. In addition to the regular issues of the journal, IJKMS publishes Special Issues devoted to interesting topics in knowledge management.
IJKMS is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- British Education Index (EBSCO)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Educators Reference Complete (Gale)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- International Abstracts in Operations Research (Palgrave Macmillan)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJKMS is listed in:
- ACPHIS (Australia) IS Journal Rankings
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- The BFI lists
- UGC (University Grants Commission)
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- HCERES (High Council for the Evaluation of Research and Higher Education)
- Index of Information Systems Journals (Deakin University)
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- VHB-JOURQUAL (Germany)
Editor in Chief
- Chen, Jin, Tsinghua University, China
Regional Editor Asia Pacific
- Wong, Kuan Yew, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
Regional Editor Europe
- Venkitachalam, Krishna, Estonian Business School, Estonia
Editorial Board Members
- Anantatmula, Vittal S, Western Carolina University, USA
- Awazu, Yukika, The Engaged Enterprise, USA
- Bhatt, Ganesh D, Morgan State University, USA
- Clegg, Stewart, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Desouza, Kevin C., Queensland University of Technology, USA
- Despres, Charles, Conservatoire national des Arts et Métiers, France
- Ermine, Jean-Louis, Institut National des Télécommunications, France
- Jih, Wen-Jang (Kenny), Middle Tennessee State University, USA
- Kallinikos, Jannis, London School of Economics, UK
- Kierkegaard, Sylvia Mercado, International Association of IT Lawyers, Denmark
- Martin, Bill, RMIT University, Australia
- Moutinho, Luiz, University of Suffolk, UK
- Pawar, Kulwant S., University of Nottingham, UK
- Pueo, Basilio, University of Alicante, Spain
- Roy, Rajkumar, University of London, UK
- Sena, James A., California Polytechnic State University, USA
- Singh, Sanjay Kumar, Abu Dhabi University, United Arab Emirates
- Skyrme, David J., David Skyrme Associates Limited, UK
- Styhre, Alexander, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Tsui, Eric Y.H., The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Umemoto, Katsuhiro, The Japan Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Japan
- Weber, Frithjof, EDDEG AIRBUS Deutschland Knowledge, Germany
- Wu, Desheng (Dash), University of Toronto, Canada
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
26 August, 2020
One might imagine that the virtualisation of many areas of life, especially in the present pandemic climate would have led to a boost to in efficiency of knowledge sharing and thus an improvement in many areas of human endeavour. This may ultimately prove to be true. In a study published in the International Journal of Knowledge Management Studies, researchers have found that the benefits of how knowledge sharing might benefit physicians in terms of improving their diagnoses and reducing medical errors are not yet widely understood by physicians [...]More details...