International Journal of Vehicle Performance
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Xiaobo Yang
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.7 (2019)
IJVP, a journal of the International Association for Vehicle Design, addresses multidisciplinary issues relevant to performance of ground vehicle systems and sub-systems for vehicle engineers/scientists. Its scope covers theoretical and experimental developments in performance analyses/assessments of ground vehicles including road, off-road, all-terrain and guided vehicles. In light of the diversified performance requirements for different vehicles, IJVP focuses on identification of measures relevant to different performance aspects of a vehicle system and new concepts/methods/pioneering techniques in analysis/assessment/improvements in vehicle performance.
Topics covered include
- Ground vehicles: performance requirements, analyses, assessments, measures
- Vehicle system performance cascading to subsystems
- Impact of component/subsystem designs
- Ride, handling, roll stability, traction/braking, directional control/guidance, NVH
- Crashworthiness/crash prevention, road-friendliness, early warning systems
- Interdisciplinary integration/cost/compatibility, multi-solution optimisation
- Driver performance, behaviour, modelling
- Standardised performance analysis methods
- Disturbances, motions, forces affecting performance
- Stability enhancement, active safety, driver assistance
- Electric/hybrid vehicles, power management systems
- Tyre/track performance, deformable/non-deformable terrains
- Racing car dynamics, handling/stability at the limits, impact of green racing
- Computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and thermal management
- Differences among various levels of autonomous vehicles
IJVP aims to emphasize emerging challenges and state-of-the-art developments addressing the changing needs of the society and the global vehicle industry, and to facilitate dissemination of technological advances focusing on performance measures, standardization, associated cost and compatibility compromises, and multi-solution methods in vehicle developments.
IJVP provides a leading forum for research and development engineers, standardisation bodies, regulators and policy makers, and academics in all aspects addressing the performance goals/requirements, methods of analysis/assessments, and performance enhancements of vehicle systems and sub-systems, including the human driver.
IJVP welcomes original research papers and critical reviews of topics highlighting multidisciplinary issues relevant to performance of on-road, off-road and guided vehicle systems. The journal also encourages submissions of brief technical notes highlighting theoretical or experimental developments in performance analyses of vehicle systems or subsystems. A technical note must be limited to a maximum of 2000 words.
Editor in Chief
- Yang, Xiaobo, Oshkosh Corporation, USA
- He, Yuping, University of Ontario Institute of Technology, Canada
- Pappalardo, Carmine Maria, University of Salerno, Italy
- Rizzo, Denise M., US Army Futures Command, USA
- Shangguan, Wen-Bin, South China University of Technology, China
- Zhang, Nong, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Gillespie, Thomas D., Mechanical Simulation Corporation, USA
- Wong, Joe, Carleton University, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Akalin, Ozgen, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
- Alsaleh, Mustafa, Caterpillar Inc., USA
- Ayalew, Beshah, Clemson University, USA
- Balling, Ole, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Barton, David, University of Leeds, UK
- Beji, Lotfi, Université d'Évry-Val-d'Essonne, France
- Cao, Dongpu, Cranfield University , UK
- Cheli, Federico, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Choi, Seung-Bok, Inha University, South Korea
- Cole, David, University of Cambridge, UK
- Gipser, Michael, Esslingen University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Gobbi, Massimiliano, Politecnico di Milano (Technical University), Italy
- Guan, Hsin, Jilin University, China
- Hofman, Theo, Technische Universiteit Eindhoven, Netherlands
- Huang, Wei, National Research Council of Canada, Canada
- Hughes, Ian, Innervycs, Chile
- Jayakumar, Paramsothy, US Army RDECOM TARDEC, USA
- Kang, Ken, Honda R & D Americas, Inc, USA
- Kluge, Torsten, dSPACE GmbH, Germany
- Lu, Jianbo, Ford Motor Company, USA
- Nishihara, Osamu, Kyoto University, Japan
- Peng, Yiqiang, Xihua University, China
- Rakheja, Subhash, Concordia University, Canada
- Reinecke, John, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research, South Africa
- Rybansky, Marian, University of Defence in Brno, Czech Republic
- Shabana, Ahmed A., University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- Sugiyama, Hiroyuki, University of Iowa, USA
- Sujatha, C., Indian Istitute of Technology, Madras, India
- Tang, Xiaolin, Chongqing University, China
- Tasora, Alessandro, Università degli Studi di Parma, Italy
- Tjhung, Tana, Fiat Chrysler Automobiles, USA
- Wasfy, Tamer, Purdue School of Engineering and Technology at IUPUI, USA
- Wu, Guangqiang, Tongji University, China
- Xu, Peijun, Ebco Inc, USA
- Zhang, Xiong, General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada, Canada
- Zhao, Tianshou, Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, Hong Kong SAR, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.