International Journal of Business Continuity and Risk Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Kurt J. Engemann
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJBCRM is a refereed international journal that provides a professional and scholarly forum in the essential field of business continuity and risk management with particular emphasis on decision making using a multidisciplinary approach. Organisational resiliency through risk assessment, contingency planning, systems security, crisis and disaster management, and recovery planning, as well as public policy regarding infrastructure and security, are integrated in the journal's coverage.
Topics covered include
- Professional practices of business continuity
- Infrastructure crisis, public policy
- Risk management, decision technology
- Natural resources, environmental threats
- Crisis leadership, organisational resiliency
- Enterprise risk management
- Crisis management information systems
- Homeland security/organisational threats
- Systems security for business resiliency
- Crisis communications, disaster recovery
- Natural, technological, industrial, terrorism events
- Governance, risk, regulatory compliance
- Software, training, awareness
- Successful public-private partnerships
- Modelling, visualisation, agents, simulation, gaming
The goal of IJBCRM is to provide an academic and professional forum to develop and disseminate research, practical methods, theories, and experiences in the developing area of business continuity and risk management. This growing body of knowledge is vital to lead an organisation in the process of systematic decisions to protect people, assets and operations and to ensure the survivability of an organisation from disaster. A broad spectrum of threats, vulnerabilities and risks will be addressed and the most useful strategies and plans to prevent and mitigate disaster will be addressed.
Professionals, academics, researchers, planners, managers, and policy makers.
IJBCRM publishes scholarly research, methodological articles, review papers, case studies, conference reports, book reviews, educational approaches, and news. Special issues are devoted to important topics falling within the scope of business continuity and risk management.
IJBCRM is indexed in:
- Scopus (accepted - awaiting publication)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
IJBCRM is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Engemann, Kurt J., Iona College, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Aguirre, Benigno E., University of Delaware, USA
- Aven, Terje, University of Stavanger, Norway
- Barnes, Paul, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Borodzicz, Edward, University of Portsmouth, UK
- Brem, Stefan, Federal Office for Civil Protection, Switzerland
- Fiedrich, Frank, Bergische Universität Wuppertal, Germany
- French, Simon, The University of Manchester, UK
- Gaudenzi, Barbara, Università degli Studi di Verona, Italy
- Geldermann, Jutta, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen, Germany
- Giambattista, Gian Di, Ontario Power Generation, Canada
- Ishikawa, Akira, Aoyama Gakuin University, Japan
- Jefferson, Theresa, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, USA
- Kelly, Phil, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- Lambert, James H., University of Virginia, USA
- Miller, Holmes E., Muhlenberg College, USA
- O'Connor, Rory V., Dublin City University, Ireland
- Sangle, Shirish, National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), India
- Sheffi, Yossi, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Statler, Matt, New York University, USA
- Zsidisin, George A., Bowling Green State University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the journal for review and potential publication.