International Journal of Supply Chain and Operations Resilience
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Ming K. Lim
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 2 issues per year
Supply chains and business operations are the backbone for development and growth of organisations and nations. Today's uncertain, turbulent environments expose supply chains and business operations to risks/disruptions that can significantly damage organisations and economies. IJSCOR presents the latest research/developments in supply chain/operations resilience strategies, highlighting theoretical research with practical applications. Besides being a theoretical platform for the academic community, IJSCOR helps practitioners bridge the gap between supply chain and operations resilience theory and its effective deployment and application.
Topics covered include
- Resilient supply chain management, operational resilience in industrial systems
- Reverse logistics, green supply, closed loop/knowledge-based supply chains, RFID
- Vendor/supplier selection, supplier development, purchasing management
- Disaster management
- Supply chain performance/optimisation/risk/decision making/support systems
- Responsive and reconfigurable supply chains and operations
- Materials, equipment and maintenance management in uncertain environments
- Global lean/agile supply chains and operations management
- Internal operations and systems re-engineering, improvement, optimisation
- E-commerce supply and operations management, aggregate planning, ERP, MRP, JIT
- Resilient strategic thinking and implications, organisational resilience
- Modelling, risk analysis and risk management
- Education and training
- Quality management (e.g. business excellence models, six sigma, TQM, SPC, etc.)
- Empirical research and case studies
IJSCOR aims to provide a platform for exchanging innovative ideas and sharing practical experiences in managing, improving and sustaining resilience strategies for supply chains and business operations. The global dimension is emphasised in developing effective strategies, tactics, operational policies and methods to improve the robustness of supply chain and business operations in order to make them less susceptible to external and systematic vulnerabilities.
IJSCOR provides a vehicle to help professionals, senior executives, academics, researchers, industry consultants, and policy makers working in the fields of supply chain and operations management to disseminate state-of-the-art knowledge and information and to learn from each other's work.
IJSCOR publishes original papers, review papers, case studies, empirical research, technical notes, and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in supply chain and operations management issues will occasionally be published. Supply chain and business operations improvement strategies, methods and techniques of both theoretical and practical nature are welcome. Articles that deal not only with the resilience aspect but also general aspects of supply chain and business operations issues in the service industry (e.g. IT, transportation, distribution, logistics, etc.), public services (e.g. healthcare, defence, etc.), manufacturing industry (e.g. automobile, food, aerospace, durable products, etc.), process industry (e.g. oil and gas, energy production, mining, etc.) and education are encouraged.
Editor in Chief
- Lim, Ming K., Coventry University, UK
- Garza-Reyes, Jose Arturo, University of Derby, UK
- Kumar, Vikas, University of the West of England, UK
- Ghadimi, Pezhman, University College Dublin, Ireland
Far East Editor
- Wang, Chao, Beijing University of Technology, China
Editorial Board Members
- Akkaranggoon, Supalak, Khon Kaen University, Thailand
- Amorim, Marlene, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Azevedo, Americo, University of Porto, Portugal
- Batista, Luciano, Northampton University, UK
- Benyoucef, Lyes, Aix-Marseille University, France
- Brady, Malcolm, Dublin City University, Ireland
- Chan, Felix T.S., The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chang, Yoon Seok, Korea Aerospace University, South Korea
- Chong, Alain Yee-Loong, University of Nottingham, Ningbo Campus, China
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, California State University, Bakersfield, USA
- Hellström, Daniel, Lund University , Sweden
- Hvolby, Hans-Henrik, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Kumar, Maneesh, Cardiff University, UK
- Kumar, Niraj, University of Liverpool Management School, UK
- Laureani, Alessandro, Google Ireland, Ireland
- Li, Qingwei, Eastman Chemical Company, USA
- Locatelli, Giorgio, University of Lincoln, UK
- O’Regan, Nicholas, University of the West of England, UK
- Perez-Araos, Agustin, Instituto Technologico de Estudios Superiores de Monterrey (ITESM), Mexico
- Rocha-Lona, Luis, Instituto Politécnico Nacional, Mexico
- Soriano-Meier, Horacio, University of Northampton , UK
- Tan, Kim Hua, Nottingham University, UK
- Tan, Raymond R., De La Salle University, Philippines
- Tiwari, Manoj Kumar, Indian Institute of Technology, India
- Tseng, Ming-Lang, Lunghwa University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- van Riel, A.C.R., Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Wang, Yi-Chi, Feng Chia University, Taiwan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.