International Journal of Learning Technology
- Executive Editor
- Prof. Emeritus Lorna Uden
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1
IJLT is an international, refereed, scholarly journal providing an interdisciplinary forum for the presentation and discussion of important ideas, concepts, and exemplars that can deeply influence the role of learning technologies in learning and instruction. This unique and dynamic journal focuses on the epistemological thrust of learning vis-à-vis instruction and the technologies and tools that support the process. IJLT publishes papers related to theoretical foundations, design and implementation, and effectiveness and impact issues related to learning technologies.
Topics covered include
- Communities of learners (practice), computer-mediated communication
- [Social] constructivism, computer-supported collaborative learning
- Cognitive tools, intelligent agents, semantic web
- Distributed/intelligent learning/tutoring, multimedia/interactive learning environments
- Virtual reality environments, human-computer interface issues
- Learning objects for personalised learning, building learning communities
- Technology-facilitated learning in complex domains
- Learning technology systems' evaluation, technological standardisation
- Simulation-supported learning/instruction
- Learning technology in education and commerce
- Disciplinary-related inquiry, e.g., learning technologies for science inquiry
- MOOCs, social media and cloud computing in e-learning
- Data analytics and big data in education
- E-learning evaluation and content; e-portfolios
- Smart education; internet of things/technology adoption and diffusion for learning
- to act as an international forum for discussion of the use and design of technology in learning and instruction
- to foster communication between academics and practitioners
- to promote research on the use of learning technologies
- to encourage a multidisciplinary approach to the advancement of the use and design of technologies in teaching and learning
- to provide a deeper understanding of the nature, theory and practice of learning and instruction
Researchers and theorists, cognitive scientists, learning technologists, teachers and learners, instructional designers, designers and developers, implementers and evaluators, managers and administrators.
Papers are invited for IJLT on any of the topics listed below. Suggestions are also welcome for special issues.
IJLT is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- ACM Digital Library
- British Education Index (EBSCO)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Educational Research Abstracts
- Educators Reference Complete (Gale)
- Ergonomics Abstracts - Ergo-Abs
- ERIC: Educational Resources Information Center
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research)
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- io-port (FIZ Karlsruhe)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- Research into Higher Education Abstracts
IJLT is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Uden, Lorna, Staffordshire University, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Barneva, Reneta, State University of New York at Fredonia, USA
- Brandão, Leônidas de Oliveira, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Champney, Roberto, Louisiana State University, USA
- Demetriou, Kyriakos, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Jefferies, Amanda, University of Hertfordshire, UK
- Lai, Hui Min, Chienkuo Technology University, Taiwan
- Lau, Eric Kin Wai, The Open University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Moreira, António, University of Aveiro, Portugal
- Moreira, Fernando, Universidade Portucalense, Portugal
- Reinsmith-Jones, Kelley, East Carolina University, USA
- Ruhnau, Britta, BiTS, University of Applied Science, Germany
- Sinclair, Jane, University of Warwick, UK
- Sullins, Jeremiah, Harding University, USA
- Terras, Melody Mary, University of the West of Scotland, UK
- Tselios, Nikolaos, University of Patras, Greece
- Vallance, Michael, Future University Hakodate , Japan
- Van Der Merwe, Thomas Mc Donald, University of South Africa, South Africa
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.