International Journal of Innovation and Learning
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Kongkiti Phusavat
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 8 issues per year
- Clarivate Analytics 2022 JCI 0.15
- CiteScore 1.5 (2021)
IJIL, a fully refereed journal, is an authoritative source presenting information on the current practice, content, technology, and services in the area of innovation and learning.
Topics covered include
- Human learning and development with a focus on design of effective feedback, metacognition, double-loop learning, triple-loop learning, etc.
- Learner-focused research on motivation, psychological safety, empathy, slow learners, etc.
- Development of learning content for higher cognitive skills, social and emotional skills, technological skills, digital literacy and competency, employability, etc.
- Learning methods and pedagogical development such as opportunity to learn, team teaching, co-teaching, self-paced learning, active learning, e-learning, blended learning, open source learning models, etc.
- Research on effective learning environments through discussion of applications of design thinking; managing diversity; learning space improvement; physical, verbal, and cyber bullying; etc.
- Organisational learning and knowledge creation through product and process innovations
- Unlearning and learning for technological innovation
- Impacts of innovation on tackling organisational problems, both technical and humanistic issues such as crisis management and capacity planning, lean operations and supply chain disruptions, workplace harassment, etc.
- Ongoing innovation for operational improvement and better stakeholder outreach, such as social listening and social marketing
- Innovation in emerging economies for efficiency, quality and productivity improvement
- Innovation from the third (social) sector in emerging economies
The objectives of the IJIL are to develop, promote and coordinate the development and practice of innovation and learning. The IJIL aims to help professionals working in the field, academic educators and policy-makers to contribute, to disseminate knowledge, and to learn from each other|s work. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological change and changes in the global economy. IJIL is an outstanding outlet in which innovation and learning research will find a significant outlet and where results can be shared across institutions, governments, researchers and students, and also industry:
- Up-to-date, leading edge research to keep you ahead in the area of innovation and learning
- Practical guidance on ways to achieve great effectiveness and efficiency in areas such as online new product development (NPD), Web-based innovation, Web-based knowledge management, and e-learning planning
- In-depth analysis and interpretation to advance our understanding and provide a framework for further study of innovation and learning
International coverage which allows us to share information and knowledge and insight on a worldwide scale.
Professionals, academics, researchers, and managers in IT, business and nonprofit organisations.
The IJIL publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
- High quality papers will keep you at the forefront of the latest thinking and research
- Case studies and practical applications will illustrate the effectiveness of the new technology in innovation and learning
IJIL is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- British Education Index (EBSCO)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Educational Research Abstracts
- Educators Reference Complete (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- Geobase (Elsevier)
- Google Scholar
- ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- Research into Higher Education Abstracts
- Studies on Women and Gender Abstracts
IJIL is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Aston Business School list
Editor in Chief
- Phusavat, Kongkiti, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Kess, Pekka, University of Oulu, Finland
- kerlavaj, Miha, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Pratt, Jean A., University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire, USA
- Lesjak, Dušan, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
Editorial Board Members
- Brem, Alexander, University of Stuttgart, Germany
- Breznik, Kristijan, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
- Chadam, Jan, College of Enterprise and Administration (WSPA), Lublin, Poland
- Chen, Jianhao, Empire State College - State University of New York, USA
- Chin, Kwai Sang, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chong, Eddy Siong-Choy, Finance Accreditation Agency, Malaysia
- Devlin, Linda, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Drejer, Anders, Aarhus Business School, Denmark
- Dwight, Richard, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Ferreira, Fernando Alberto Freitas, University Institute of Lisbon, Portugal
- Green, Jr., Kenneth W., Southern Arkansas University, USA
- Gulledge, Thomas R., Enterprise Integration, Inc., USA
- Helo, Petri T., University of Vaasa, Finland
- Ho, Li-An, Tamkang University, Taiwan
- Hong, Han-kuk, Dong-eui University, South Korea
- Kassi, Tuomo Sakari, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland
- Kendall, Ken, Rutgers University, USA
- Kleindl, Brad, Missouri Southern State University, USA
- Lane, Peggy L., University of Louisiana Monroe, USA
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Lloréns Montes, Francisco Javier, University of Granada, Spain
- Lu, June, University of Houston – Victoria, USA
- Mentzas, Gregoris, National Technical University of Athens, Greece
- Nadkarni, Prakash M., Yale University, USA
- Nirjar, Abhishek, Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, India
- Numprasertchai, Somchai, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Paliszkiewicz, Joanna Olga, Warsaw University of Life Science, Poland
- Park, Namkyu, Ohio University, USA
- Perrons, Robert K., Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Pillania, Rajesh K., Management Development Institute Gurgaon, India
- Rebman Jr., Carl M., The University of San Diego, USA
- Stough, Roger R., George Mason University, USA
- Tanabe, Shunji, Kanazawa University, Japan
- Trunk, Aleš, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
- Trunk-Širca, Nada, University of Primorska, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
- Vokurka, Robert J., Texas A&M University – Corpus Christi, USA
- Wührer, Gerhard A., Johannes Kepler Universität Linz, Austria
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.