International Journal of Technology Management
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 12 issues per year
- Impact factor (Clarivate Analytics) 2019 1.160 (5-Year Impact Factor 1.799)
IJTM aims to provide a refereed and authoritative source of information in the field of managing with technology, and the management of engineering, science and technology. It seeks to establish channels of communication between government departments, technology executives in industry, commerce and related business, and academic experts in the field.
Topics covered include
- Competitiveness and cooperation
- Knowledge assets
- Globalisation, business/government relations
- Productivity, efficiency, quality
- Sourcing, technology transfer/licensing
- Strategic planning, technology management/policies
- R&D and design management
- Multinational corporations, innovation, new technology, IT
- Management of production systems, factory and office automation
- R&D/manufacturing/marketing and after-market interface
- International technology management policy and strategy
- Legal aspects and financial considerations
- Investment patterns and opportunities
- Technology monitoring, audit, evaluation
- Technology relations/trends, esp. in Far East, South Pacific, emerging markets
The objectives of IJTM are to develop, promote and coordinate the science and practice of technology management. It also aims to help professionals working in the field, engineering and business educators and policy-makers to contribute, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological change and changes in the global economy.
IJTM provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of technology management, engineering and business education, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJTM publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in technology management will ocasionally be published.
Commentaries on papers and reports published in IJTM are encouraged. Authors will have the opportunity to respond to the commentary on their work before the entire treatment is published. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJTM is indexed in:
- Journal Citation Reports (Clarivate Analytics)
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Social Science Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Science Citation Index Expanded (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Agriculture Collection (Gale)
- Business Source Premier (EBSCO)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Computer Science Index (EBSCO)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- IBSS [International Bibliography of the Social Sciences] (Proquest)
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Pirabase (Smithers Pira)
- ProQuest ABI/Inform Collection
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- ProQuest Materials Science & Engineering Database
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database and Aerospace Collection
- Technology and Management [TEMA] (WTi Frankfurt)
- ProQuest Technology Collection
IJTM is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Aston Business School list
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- The BFI lists
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
- CNRS Economics and Management list
- Cranfield School of Management list
- UGC (University Grants Commission)
- Erasmus Research Institute of Management list
- ESSEC Business School list
- Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA)
- Index of Information Systems Journals (Deakin University)
- Norwegian Register for Scientific Journals, Series and Publishers
- University of Queensland Business School Journal List
- VHB-JOURQUAL (Germany)
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
Regional Editor China
- Zhang, Richard, Institute of Industrial Productivity, China
Regional Editor Far and Middle East
- Zhang, George G., Academy of Industrial Entrepreneurship, China
Editorial Board Members
- Al-Shamlan, Ali Abdullah, Kuwait Foundation for the Advancement of Sciences, Kuwait
- Badran, Adnan, Philadelphia University, Jordan
- Beffa, Jean-Louis, Saint-Gobain Group, France
- Benton, Peter, Former Vice-President, European Management Association, UK
- Bullinger, Hans-Jörg, Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Germany
- Chen, Jin, Tsinghua University, China
- Clark, Kim B., Harvard Business School, USA
- Davignon, Etienne, Société Générale de Belgique, Belgium
- De Maria y Campos, Mauricio, Embassy of Mexico, South Africa
- Eaton, Robert, DaimlerChrysler Corp, USA
- Emmerij, Louis, City University of New York, USA
- Fu, Xiaolan, University of Oxford, UK
- Hawley, Robert, World Nuclear University, UK
- Kuper, George H., Council of Great Lakes Industries, USA
- Metcalfe, J. Stanley, University of Manchester, UK
- Myers, Rupert, CRC for Greenhouse Accounting Advisory Council, Australia
- Naylor, Michael, Management Consultant, USA
- Ricupero, Rubens, UNCTAD, Switzerland
- Vargas, José I., Federal Government of Brazil, Brazil
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.