- Defining pluralism; what is pluralism, how can we incorporate it into the classroom?
- Rhetoric of pluralism: communicating within/across disciplines
- Teaching theory of the firm from a pluralist perspective
- Teaching pluralism in developing countries
- What can pluralists learn from Adam Smith and other classical economists?
- Incorporating pluralism into online courses
- Using pluralism to construct a framework for solving global problems
- Are there limits to extending pluralism?
- Pluralism and the individual
- Pluralism as a central component of honours courses
- Pluralism at the community college, encouraging pluralism at high school level
- Necessary mathematics for pluralism
- Reaching out to other social sciences
- Teaching ecology, understanding the financial crisis from a pluralist perspective
- Pluralism and system dynamics
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJPEE are:
- to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas thereby fostering communication within the growing pluralist community;
- to advance the techniques and concepts of pluralist economics by providing practical suggestions to incorporate pluralism into the classroom;
- to offer teachers and educators interested in pluralism an outlet for their research; and
- to change the emphasis of economic education by making pluralism a central feature.
We expect an international audience, not just in Europe and North America but also in Central America, Asia and the former Soviet Union. Pluralism is vital for solving our pressing economic and ecological problems, in developed and developing countries.Contents
Issue will contain solicited articles and a book review section. In addition, two sections, “Notes, Communications and Dialogue” and “Pedagogical Techniques”, will be included to foster communication and implement pluralist techniques. Each issue will contain articles of interest to all pluralist economists, as well as more specialised articles devoted to teaching pluralism in the classroom, book reviews and the notes section. IJPEE will also publish special issues devoted to solving current problems from a pluralist perspective.
IJPEE is indexed in:
IJPEE is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Reardon, Jack, Hamline University, USA
- Madi, Maria Alejandra Caporale, State University of Campinas (UNICAMP), Brazil
- Bhattacharyya, Sudipta, Visva-Bharati University, India
- Dimante, Dzineta, University of Latvia, Latvia
- Engartner, Tim, Goethe-Universität Frankfurt am Main, Germany
- Hermann, Arturo, Institute for Studies and Economic Analyses, Italy
- Keen, Steve, University of Western Sydney, Australia
- O'Hara, Phillip, Global Political Economy Research Unit, Australia
- Reyes Bonilla, Mauro Alejandro, Sergio Arboleda University, Colombia
- Rundshagen, Volker, European University of Applied Sciences, Germany
- Sanchez, Gustavo Vargas, Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico, Mexico
- Soderbaum, Peter, Malardalen University, Sweden
- Warnecke, Tonia, Rollins College, USA
- Wei, Lu, University of Science and Technology of China, China
- Wheat, I. David, University of Bergen, Norway
- Zaman, Asad, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, Pakistan
- Zhao, Haiyun, Central University for Nationalities, China
Editorial Board Members
- Alperovitz, Gar, University of Maryland, USA
- Azim, Parvez, GC University, Pakistan
- Bigo, Vinca, Euromed Management School, France
- Brown, Judy, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Chester, Lynne, University of Sydney, Australia
- Cojanu, Valentin, Bucharest University of Economics, Romania
- Davis, John, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands and Marquette University, USA
- Denis, Andy, City University London, UK
- Dereniowska, Małgorzata, Aix-Marseille University, France
- De Ruyter, Alex, University of Birmingham, UK
- Dohnalová, Marie, Charles University, Czech Republic
- Dow, Sheila, University of Stirling, UK
- Feiner, Susan, University of Southern Maine, USA
- Figart, Deborah M., The Richard Stockton College of New Jersey, USA
- Freeman, Alan, University of Greenwich, USA
- Garnett, Rob, Texas Christian University, USA
- Groenewegen, John, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Guerrien, Bernard, University Paris 1 the Pantheon-Sorbonne, France
- Lavoie, Marc, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Lee, Frederick, University of Missouri- Kansas City, USA
- Mallin, Sean, University of Notre Dame, USA
- McCloskey, Deirdre, University of Illinois at Chicago, USA
- McDonough, Terrence, National University of Ireland, Galway, Ireland
- Mearman, Andrew, University of the West of England, UK
- Negru, Iona, Anglia Ruskin University, UK
- Nelson, Julie, Tufts University, USA
- Ozel, Huseyin, Hacettepe University, Turkey
- Peterson, Janice, California State University-Fresno, USA
- Pundziene, Asta, ISM University of Management, Lithuania
- Rees, Bronwen, Anglia Ruskin University, UK
- Sangle, Shirish, National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), India
- Schuster, Julian, Webster University, USA
- Singh, Pritam, Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Sougou, Omar, Gaston Berger University, Senegal
- Starr, Martha, American University, USA
- Strassmann, Diana, Rice University, USA
- Sumilo, Erika, University of Latvia, Latvia
- Varoufakis, Yanis, University of Athens, Greece
- Ziliak, Steve, Roosevelt University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
Guidance for authors wishing to submit to the Teaching Commons section is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.