International Journal of Management in Education
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Dr. Dušan Lesjak
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Internationalisation, growing technology and their development influence education in society, thus increasing the need for managing education and learning. Various studies on the success and effectiveness of schools and education systems show that quality of management and organisation is the most important variable. By introducing new forms of school financing, new demands regarding the training/education of leadership staff and professionals in the fields of economy, law, management and business keep emerging. IJMIE addresses the issues arising from these developments.
Topics covered include
- Political, economic, social, legal, cultural environment; public policies management
- Autonomy, professionalism, decision policies, equity
- Case studies: schools in different countries, differing cultural perceptions
- Change/classroom management, education quality
- Computers in educational administration, multimedia environments
- Distance education, information systems for education/training support
- Education economics/finance/accountability, marketing in education
- Educational leadership, systems/strategic planning
- Globalisation and education, organisations as learning communities
- Individual professional learning portfolio, teaching staff professional development
- Knowledge and education, lifelong learning, competences development
- Management in higher education, management of curriculum/e-education
- Policy analysis/evaluation of institutions/study programmes
- Research methods in education/school/school system improvement
- Transactional education, student/teaching mobility, m-learning
IJMIE aims to publish papers which analyse all aspects of international education, providing researchers and professionals from education with the opportunity to discuss the most demanding issues regarding the development and leadership of education at all levels and in all areas of education management. Similarly, it is interested in how international or intercultural questions can produce problems which are ethical in nature or which have ethical consequences with regard to the management in education.
Professionals, academics, researchers, managers, policy makers, and nonprofit organisations.
IJMIE publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
- High quality papers to keep you at the forefront of the latest thinking and research on management education
- Case studies and practical applications to illustrate management education design, policy, development, and implementation
IJMIE is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- British Education Index (EBSCO)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Educational Research Abstracts
- Educators Reference Complete (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research)
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- Research into Higher Education Abstracts
IJMIE is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Lesjak, Dušan, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
- Skrbinjek, Vesna, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
Editorial Board Members
- Ahmed, Ishfaq, University of the Punjab, Pakistan
- Amzat, Ismail Hussein, Universiti Utara Malaysia, Malaysia
- Anastasiou, Sophia, TEI of Chalkida, Greece
- Anderson, Kirk, Memorial University of Newfoundland, Canada
- Braga, Vitor, Polytechnic of Porto, Portugal
- Breznik, Kristijan, International School for Social and Business Studies, Slovenia
- Brinia, Vasiliki, Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Burton, Lorelle, University of Southern Queensland, Australia
- Costanza, Francesca, University of Palermo, Italy
- Dalrymple, John, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Elstad, Eyvind, University of Oslo, Norway
- Farčnik, Daša, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Faustine, Petrina, University Mercu Buana, Indonesia
- Florjančič, Viktorija, University of Primorska, Slovenia
- Hilletofth, Per, Jönköping University, Sweden
- Kin, Tai Mei, Sultan Idris Education University, Malaysia
- Kirkham, Glynn, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Kohun, Frederick G., Robert Morris University, USA
- Koohang, Alex, Macon State College, USA
- Kumar, Payal, Glocal University, India
- Lacerda, Daniel Pacheco, Universidade do Vale do Rio dos Sinos, Brazil
- Lewandowski, Mateusz, Jagiellonian University, Poland
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Malik, Shahab Alam, Indus University, Pakistan
- Mariano, Stefania, Bangkok University, Thailand
- Marjetič, Duša, Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology, Slovenia
- Markic, Mirko, University of Primorska, Slovenia
- Mathur, Gunian, Indian Institute of Corporate Affairs Government of India, India
- Mkumbo, Kitila, University of Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, United Republic of
- Morrison, Keith, Macau University of Science and Technology, China
- Moustaghfir, Karim, Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane, Morocco
- Mustafa, Mairna Hussein, The Hashemite University, Jordan
- Nguh, Jonas, Walden University, USA
- Osagie, Roseline Osarugue, University of Benin, Nigeria
- Ozmusul, Mustafa, Harran University, Turkey
- Phusavat, Kongkiti, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Pol, Milan, Masaryk University, Czech Republic
- Potamias, Georgios H., University of Athens, Greece
- Pratt, Jean A., University of Wisconsin - Eau Claire, USA
- Rafferty, Patricia D., Saint Joseph’s University, USA
- Rautakivi, Tuomo, Burapha University, Thailand
- Schneijderberg, Christian, University of Kassel, Germany
- Shannon, Li-Jen, Sam Houston State University, USA
- Shapiro, Arthur, University of South Florida, USA
- Sia, Joseph, Curtin University, Sarawak, Malaysia
- Smit, Brigitte, University of South Africa, South Africa
- Song, Wei, Black Hills State University, USA
- Srinivasan, Kalpana, Xavier Labour Relations Institute, India
- Vossensteyn, Hans (J. J.), University of Twente, Netherlands
- Won, Doyeon, Texas A&M University-Corpus Christi, USA
- Yang, Ming-Hsien, Fu Jen Catholic University, Taiwan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.