International Journal of Modelling, Identification and Control
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Quan Min Zhu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 12 issues per year
Most research and experiments in the fields of science, engineering and social studies have spent significant efforts to find rules from various complicated phenomena by observations, recorded data, logic derivations and so on. The rules are normally summarised as concise and quantitative expressions or "models". "Identification" provides mechanisms to establish the models and "control" provides mechanisms to improve the system's (represented by its model) performance. IJMIC has been set up to reflect the relevant generic studies in this area.
Topics covered include
- Dynamic modelling theories/techniques/computational algorithms
- Application examples of the above
- Novel and unconventional linear system modelling techniques
- System identification, particularly nonlinear system identification
- Model validation
- Various control techniques
- Nonlinear system control
- Mechatronic system modelling, identification and control
- Biological system modelling, identification and control
- Neural network, fuzzy logic enhanced modelling, identification and control
- Complementary medical system modelling and identification
- Wide range representative application examples
- Quantitative economic/financial and other social system modeling/identification
The intention of IJMIC is to provide an international forum to report latest developments from interdisciplinary theoretical studies, computational algorithm development and applications. It particularly welcomes those emerging methodologies and techniques which bridge theoretical studies and applications in all engineering and science branches. Novel quantitative social, economical/financial studies may be considered as well.
IJMIC provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, and researchers working in the field of science, technology and engineering, and possibly quantitative social and economical/financial studies, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJMIC publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, book reviews, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in nonlinear dynamic system modelling, identification and control will be occasionally published.
IJMIC is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJMIC is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Zhu, Quan Min, University of the West of England, UK
Regional Editor Africa
- Derbel, Nabil, University of Sfax, Tunisia
Regional Editors Asia-Pacific
- Li, Shaoyuan, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Wang, Yongji, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
Regional Editor Europe
- Fusco, Giuseppe, Università degli Studi di Cassino, Italy
Regional Editor Latin America and Caribbean
- Aguirre, Luis Antonio, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais (UFMG), Brazil
Regional Editor Middle East
- El-Metwally, Khaled, Cairo University, Egypt
Regional Editor North America
- Saad, Maarouf, Université du Québec, Canada
Regional Editor Oceania
- Man, Zhihong, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
Editorial Board Members
- Azar, Ahmad Taher, Benha University, Egypt
- Billings, S. A., University of Sheffield, UK
- Chemori, Ahmed, Laboratoire d'Informatique, de Robotique et de Microélectronique de Montpellier, France
- Chen, Yong Kang, University of Hertfordshire, UK
- Cheng, Lei, Wuhan University of Science and Technology, China
- Chin, Cheng Siong, Newcastle University in Singapore, Singapore
- Costa-Castelló, Ramon, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya, Spain
- Dahhou, Boutaib, Paul Sabatier University, France
- Deng, Mingcong, Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology, Japan
- Ding, Feng, Jiangnan University, China
- Dubbeldam, Johan, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Ghauri, Sabir, University of the West of England, UK
- Ghommam, Jawhar, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Hafayed, Mokhtar, Biskra University, Algeria
- Koumboulis, Fotios N., Halkis Institute of Technology, Greece
- Li, Kang, Queen's University Belfast, UK
- Ma, Yue, Beijing Institute of Technology, China
- Mercorelli, Paolo, Leuphana University of Lueneburg, Germany
- Mobayen, Saleh, University of Zanjan, Iran
- Na, Jing, Kunming University of Science and Technology, China
- Nibouche, Mokhtar, University of the West of England, UK
- Pan, Yongping, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Qiao, Feng, Shenyang JianZhu University, China
- Ragot, Jose, UMR 7039 - Nancy-Université, CNRS, France
- Shark, Lik-Kwan, University of Central Lancashire, UK
- Vaidyanathan, Sundarapandian, Vel Tech University, India
- Wang, Rui, Civil Aviation University of China, China
- Warwick, Kevin, University of Reading, UK
- Yang, Chenguang, Swansea University, UK
- Yu, Wen, CINVESTAV-IPN (National Polytechnic Institute), Mexico
- Zhang, Yu Ming, University of Kentucky, USA
- Zhao, Dongya, China University of Petroleum, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Efficiency boost for robot submarines
8 March, 2019
Researchers in China have designed an improved energy-aware and self-adaptive deployment method for autonomous underwater vehicles. The team of Chunlai Peng and Tao Wang of the Guangdong University of Technology, in Guangzhou, provide details in the International Journal of Modelling, Identification and Control [...]More details...