International Journal of Mobile Learning and Organisation
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Gwo-Jen Hwang
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
As mobile devices are gradually converging into Individual Information Centres, mobile learning becomes a viable learning channel that would fit the living style of today. IJMLO is a refereed, multidisciplinary journal for bridging the latest advances in mobile learning and organisation. It provides a global forum for presenting authoritative references, academically rigorous research and case studies. The journal publishes well-written and academically validated manuscripts in both theoretical development and applied research.
Topics covered include
- Globalisation of mobile learning, mobile life
- Lifelong learning, changing demographics, m-based Chinese learning
- Ubiquitous/pervasive learning, assessment, authentication, trust, security
- Asynchronous/asynchronous m-learning/coaching/training
- Collaborative GDSS, virtual workplace collaboration, virtual communities/universities
- Pedagogy/design methodology, time modularisation/management
- Decomposability/modular design of course contents
- Learning management/content management systems, m-learning efficacy/effect
- Learning/knowledge creation/strategy/methodologies, emerging technologies
- Value-based m-learning in commerce, integrated m-marketing communication
- Managing sustainable change/learning, innovative case studies
- Tools for mobile educational presentation/delivery, mobile tools for field study
- Corporate universities, new approaches/models to m-learning content diffusion
- Technologies/standards for developing tools, creating learning communities
- Ethical/copyright/cross-culture issues, problems/challenges
With constant connectivity and the volume of information new mobile devices can deliver, mobile learning will shape the new landscape for organisational training and life-long learning as well as impromptu information gathering for problem solving. IJMLO intends to establish an effective communication channel among decision makers and policy makers in business, government agencies, and academic and research institutions which recognise the important role mobile learning may play in organisations. Specifically, IJMLO aims to be an outlet for creative, innovative concepts, as well as effective research methodologies and emerging technologies.
IJMLO intends to attract professionals in business, government and technology fields to share their insight in new technologies and new applications. It will also attract researchers in the academia who work in the field of technology management, engineering and business education to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJMLO publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, and management reports. Occasional Special Issues devoted to important topics in Mobile Learning and Organisation will also be published.
IJMLO is indexed in:More indexes...
- DBLP Computer Science Bibliography
- Educational Research Abstracts
- Educators Reference Complete (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research)
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJMLO is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Hwang, Gwo-Jen, National Taiwan University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Liu, Lai C., University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, USA
- Ogata, Hiroaki, Kyushu University, Japan
Editorial Board Members
- Afsarmanesh, Hamideh, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Barak, Miri, Technion – Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
- Becerra-Fernandez, Irma, Marymount University, USA
- Camarinha-Matos, Luis M., New University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Chu, Hui-Chun, Soochow University, Taiwan
- Grabowski, Martha, Information Systems Program, Le Moyne College and Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Hsu, Jeffrey, Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA
- Hsu, Yu-Chang, Boise State University, USA
- Jun, Woochun, Seoul National University of Education, South Korea
- Jung, Soon Ki, Kyungpook National University, South Korea
- Kalogiannakis, Michail, University Paris 5 – Rene Descartes, France
- Karacapilidis, Nikos, University of Patras, Greece
- Liebowitz, Jay, Harrisburg University, USA
- Looi, Chee-Kit, National Institute of Education, Singapore
- Milrad, Marcelo, Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Nah, Fiona Fui-Hoon, Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA
- Panjaburee, Patcharin, Mahidol University, Thailand
- Peterson, Douglas A., University of South Dakota, USA
- Pook, Katja, , Germany
- Poon, Patrick, Lingnan University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Sampson, Demetrios G., University of Piraeus, Greece
- Sapargaliyev, Daniyar, Almaty Management University, Kazakhstan
- Shih, Ju-Ling, National University of Tainan, Taiwan
- Song, Yanjie, Education University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Specht, Marcus, Open University of the Netherlands, Netherlands
- Spikol, Daniel, Malmö University, Sweden
- Srisawasdi, Niwat, Khon Kaen University, Thailand
- Thomas, Siobhán, pervasivelearning.org, UK
- Uden, Lorna, Staffordshire University, UK
- Ulfa, Saida, State University of Malang, Indonesia
- Upadhyay, Nitin, Goa Institute of Management, India
- Wang, Feihong (Fiona), Virginia Tech, USA
- Wei, June, University of West Florida, USA
- Wen, Kuang-Wei, University of Wisconsin – La Crosse, USA
- Wong, Gary K.W., University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Wong, Lung-Hsiang, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Yang, Jie-Chi, National Central University, Taiwan
- Yu, Chian-Son, Shih Chien University, Taiwan
- Zeleny, Milan, Fordham University, USA
- Zheng, Lanqin, Beijing Normal University, China
- Zou, Di, Education University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.