- Hardware support
- System architectures
- Services and system support
- Algorithm/protocol design and analysis
- Mobile environments
- Wireless communications and networks
- Education and training
- Emerging and non-traditional topics
- System-on-a-chip, DSPs, hardware specification, synthesis, modelling, simulation and analysis at all levels for low power, power-aware, testable, reliable, verifiable wireless and mobile systems, network processors, media and signal processors, reconfigurable processors, embedded systems, Bluetooth, handheld devices, etc.
Services and system support
- Mobile networks and hosts, agents and proxies, mobility management, mobile agent and proxy architectures, integrated wired and wireless systems and networks, planning and standardisation, distributed system aspects, etc.
Algorithm/protocol design and analysis
- Mobility and roaming, nomadic computing, quality of service, multimedia, middleware and operating system support, power management and control, system and services for satellites, wireless local loops, wireless LANs, wireless PBX, and PCS/cellular, etc.
- Routing, broadcast and multicast algorithms and protocols, multi-user and multi-access techniques and algorithms, multi-channel processing, multi-user detection, modulation and coding, data coding and compression, detection and estimation, online and mobile environments, limited bandwidth, intermittent connectivity, application of intelligent algorithms, etc.
- Data and knowledge management, performance modelling and characterisation, privacy, security, scalability, authentication, reliability, design, management, operation, systems and technologies, etc.
Wireless communications and networks
- Location-dependent and sensitive, nomadic computing, wearable computers and body area networks, multimedia applications and multimedia signal processing, pervasive computing and communications, mobile ad hoc and sensor networks, etc.
Education and training
- Wireless, cellular and spread-spectrum systems and networks, broadband wireless communications, network architectures and protocols, diversity techniques and equalisation, propagation and channel characterisation, fading countermeasures, signal separation and interference rejection, adaptive antennas, space-time processing, synchronisation techniques, software radio, resource allocation and interference management, multirate and multicarrier communications, etc.
Emerging and non-traditional topics
- Courses, textbooks, teaching tools and methods, etc.
More on this journal...
The objective of IJWMC is to provide a high profile, leading edge international forum for academics, industrial professionals, practitioners, educators and executives working in the field to contribute, to disseminate innovative and important new work on wireless communications and mobile computing, eventually to achieve the ultimate goal of uncompromised connectivity and performance and to meet the challenge of creating fully integrated, seamless, fault-tolerant, and heterogeneous networks composed of fully distributed, energy efficient, and ubiquitous mobile computing platforms.Readership
Scientists, engineers, researchers, graduate students, educators, managers and industrial professionals.Contents
IJWMC is a refereed international journal that provides an international premier channel to report, discuss and exchange theoretical contributions (including new techniques, concepts, and analyses) and practical contributions (including system experiments and prototypes, and new applications), work-in-progress, experience, case studies, and trend-setting ideas in the field of wireless communications and mobile computing as well as potential future directions and issues. High calibre tutorial expositions and survey reports of permanent reference value are also welcome. Research papers should be of a quality that represents the latest technical developments of wireless communications and mobile computing in devices, hardware, software, communications, architecture, networks, systems, algorithms, service and applications that support the symbiosis of wireless communications and mobile computing.
Browse issuesVol. 6
IJWMC is indexed in:
IJWMC is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Cui, Zhihua, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology, China
- Xiao, Renbin, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, China
- Agrawal, Dharma P., University of Cincinnati, USA
- Das, Chita R., Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Iyengar, S.S., Louisiana State University, USA
- Lin, Jason Yi-Bing, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- Omidyar, Guy, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Sanyal, Sugata, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, India
- Singhal, Mukesh, University of Kentucky, USA
- Zhao, Wei, University of Macau, Macao
- Zomaya, Albert, University of Sydney, Australia
- Abraham, Ajith, Machine Intelligence Research Labs (MIR Labs), USA
- Abrão, Taufik, State University of Londrina (UEL), Brazil
- Boukerche, Azzedine, University of Ottawa, USA
- Cao, Jiannong, Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong
- Chao, Han-Chieh, National Ilan University, Taiwan
- Douligeris, Christos, University of Piraeus, Greece
- Gupta, Sandeep K S, Arizona State University, USA
- Habib, Ibrahim, City University of New York, USA
- Hassanein, Hossam Saad, Queen's University, Canada
- Ibrahim, Ismail Khalil, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
- Jaisankar, N., VIT University, India
- Jia, Weijia, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Jia, Xiaohua, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Khan, Bilal Muhammad, University of Sussex, UK
- Li, Jie, University of Tsukuba, Japan
- Li, Yingshu, Georgia State University, USA
- Lin, Man, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada
- Lu, Willie, U.S. Center for Wireless Communications (R), USA
- Luo, Hui, Broadcom Corp., USA
- Ma, Jianhua, Hosei University, Japan
- Min, Geyong, University of Bradford, UK
- Mu, Yi, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Notare, Mirela Sechi Moretti Annoni, Barddal University, Brazil
- Pan, Yi, Georgia State University, USA
- Simplot-Ryl, David, IRCICA/LIFL, University of Lille 1, France
- Stojmenovic, Ivan, University of Ottawa, Canada
- Takizawa, Makoto, Seikei University, Japan
- Tong, Lang, Cornell University, USA
- Varshney, Upkar, Georgia State University, USA
- Wang, Li-Chun, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- Wu, Jie, Florida Atlantic University, USA
- Xiao, Yang, University of Alabama, USA
- Yeh, Chi-Hsiang, Queen's University, Canada
- Yeo, Boon Sain, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Zhang, Yaoxue, Tsinghua University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our information on preparing and submitting articles.