- Public service management, policy, comparisons, evaluation
- Public economics
- Service concepts, strategies, marketing and innovation
- Service operation and simulation
- New service development and process design
- Service supporting facilities, customer relationship management
- Service supply chain management
- Service project and quality management
- Service system design, operations, management, security, reliability
- ICT in services, e-commerce
- Service delivery, deployment, maintenance
- Human resources management in services
- Relationship between manufacturing and services
- Service in-housing versus outsourcing decisions
- Services in society, ethics and culture
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJSEM are to encourage original scientific contributions on the challenges of economic and management issues in service sectors, with particular emphasis on the application of economic theory and management science and methods of quantitative analysis. It aims to draw together and learn lessons from the development of service sectors across the world, and provides a forum for discussion of service sectors of interest to an international readership.Readership
IJSEM provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work. It is aimed at all practitioners and researchers in service sectors. It will also be of interest to anyone involved in provision of service programmes, the management of service organisations and those who contribute to service systems in any way.Contents
IJSEM publishes original papers, reviews and short reports on all aspects of the economics, management science, and qualitative and quantitative methods used to study economic and management issues of the service sector.
More on permissions
IJSEM is indexed in:
IJSEM is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Liu, Martin University of Nottingham Ningbo China, China
- Kryvinska, Natalia, University of Vienna, Austria
Associate Editor Asia
- Bang, Nguyen, East China University of Science and Technology, China
Editorial Board Members
- Abosag, Ibrahim, SOAS University of London, UK
- Akroush, Mamoun N., German-Jordanian University (GJU), Jordan
- Chan, Felix T.S., The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chen, Junsong, China Europe International Business School, China
- Chong, Alain Yee-Loong, University of Nottingham, Ningbo Campus, China
- De Marco, Marco, Universit Guglielmo Marconi, Italy
- Fearon, Gervan, Brandon University, Canada
- Goh, Kim Leng, University of Malaya, Malaysia
- Groot, W.N.J., Universiteit Maastricht, Netherlands
- He, Jiaxun, East China Normal University, China
- Idrus, Nirwan, Multimedia University, Malaysia
- Japutra, Arnold, Tarumanagara University, Indonesia
- Kumar, Vikas, University of the West of England, UK
- Lee-Wingate, Nikki, University of Bridgeport, USA
- Lin, Chih-Cheng, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Mutum, Dilip, University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus, Malaysia
- Otenyo, Eric E., Northern Arizona University, USA
- Ramayah, T., University Science Malaysia, Malaysia
- Roy, Sanjit, University of Western Australia, Australia
- Sigala, Marianna, University of South Australia, Australia
- Sorrentino, Maddalena, Universit degli studi di Milano, Italy
- Wang, Qing, University of Warwick, UK
- Wu, Jintao, Lingnan (University) College, China
- Wu, Kailin, Middlesex University, UK
- Yannopoulou, Natalia-Helen, Newcastle University, UK
- Yuan, Ruizhi, University of Nottingham, Ningbo Campus, China
- Zhou, Aileen, University of Greenwich, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.
Due to server migration, some of our services will unavoidably affected from 28 to 29 May 2016. Our online submissions and peer review system [OSPEERS] will not be available for some of that time and newly published issues will not be available until migration is complete. All other services will be unaffected. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.