International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets
- Editor in Chief
- Associate Prof. Yam B. Limbu
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Scholars and managers have shown significant interest in business opportunities provided by emerging markets (EM). Foreign firms'opportunities range from investing in EM to outsourcing from EM, whereas local firms/economies benefit from investments and expertise of foreign firms. Understanding EM characteristics in the face of evolving government policies and changing consumer behaviour is crucial to identifying new consumer needs and developing suitable products/services to meet them. IJBEM addresses these needs by stressing the use of qualitative and empirical data.
Topics covered include
- Research issues in EM
- International business and local government policies
- Business, production, and market orientation of local firms
- Outsourcing from EM
- Marketing effectiveness and marketing culture
- Local culture, consumer behaviour, and advertisements
- Transforming local brands into global brands
- Small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and family businesses
- Local multinational firms and their management
- Foreign investments, risks, and returns
- Corporate culture, strategy and ethics
- Organisational behaviour, human resources, and training and development
- Financial and non-financial business performance
- Information technology and competitiveness
The main objective of the inter-disciplinary peer-reviewed IJBEM is to encourage application of research methods to solve specific business-related problems in EM. The journal aims to promote articles that are based on the unification of the theoretical-quantitative or the empirical-qualitative approach, and that propose future research directions for scholars and recommend actionable business strategies for managers.
IJBEM publishes articles on a broad spectrum of topics relating to EM, and provides scholars with informative research-based articles to advance the research agenda, and managers with practical recommendations to grow their businesses. Policy makers should also benefit from the theory-practice focus of the journal.
As the dedicated journal in EM, IJBEM publishes original articles - theoretical and empirical - in all areas of business - marketing, operations, human resources, and organisational behaviour, among others. Special issues devoted to important topics in EM will occasionally be published.
IJBEM is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
IJBEM is listed in:
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
Editor in Chief
- Limbu, Yam B., Montclair State University, USA
- Wanasika, Isaac, University of Northern Colorado, USA
Regional Editor Africa
- Muathe, Stephen M. A., Kenyatta University, Kenya
Regional Editors Asia
- Liu, Yi, Zhongnan University of Economics and Law, China
- Pham, Long, University of Louisiana at Monroe and Thuyloi University, USA
- Singh, Ramendra, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC), India
- Venkataramany, Sivakumar, Ashland University, USA
Regional Editor Eastern Europe
- Křečková Kroupová, Zuzana, University of Economics, Czech Republic
Regional Editor Middle East
- Ahmed, Gouher, Skyline University College, United Arab Emirates
Regional Editors North America
- McKenzie, Brent, University of Guelph, Canada
- Perera, Yasanthi, Brock University, Canada
Regional Editor South America
- Ogasavara, Mario Henrique, Escola Superior de Propaganda e Marketing, Brazil
Regional Editor Western Europe
- Vincent, Charles, The University of Buckingham, UK
Book Review Editor
- Kopf, Dennis A., University of Wisconsin - Whitewater, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Abidi, Naseem, Skyline University College, United Arab Emirates
- Adeola, Ogechi, Lagos Business School, Nigeria
- Agwu, Edwin, Pan-Atlantic University, Nigeria
- Ahamed, Jalal, University of Skövde, Sweden
- Battisti, Enrico, University of Turin, Italy
- Biswas, Sanjib, Calcutta Business School, India
- Bizen, Yoshifumi, Kokugakuin University, Japan
- Brannon, Daniel C., University of Northern Colorado, USA
- Cardinali, Silvio, Università Politecnica delle Marche, Italy
- Chan, Christopher, York University, Canada
- Choi, Jeonghwan (Jerry), Wenzhou-Kean University, China
- Chung, Christina, Ramapo College of New Jersey, USA
- Chung, Mona, Deakin University, Australia
- De Sousa-Filho, José Milton, University of Fortaleza, Brazil
- Ding, Daniel, City University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Ganesan, P., VIT University, India
- Gherman, Tatiana, University of Northampton, UK
- Ghosh, Koustab, Indian Institute of Management Rohtak, India
- Jallouli, Rim, University of Manouba, Tunisia
- Juárez-Torres, Miriam, General Directorate of Economic Research, Mexico
- Korsakiene, Renata, Vilnius Gediminas Technical University, Lithuania
- Madichie, Nnamdi O., London School of Business Management, UK
- Mann, Manveer, Montclair State University, USA
- Masiero, Gilmar, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Mota, Marcio, State University of Ceara, Brazil
- Oshimi, Daichi, Tokai University, Japan
- Sabri, Nidal Rashid, Birzeit University of Palestine, Palestinian Territory, Occupied
- Sun, Huaping, Jiangsu University, China
- Wolf, Marco, The University of Southern Mississippi, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
New Editor for International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets
8 November, 2018
Associate Prof. Yam B. Limbu from Montclair State University in the USA has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets.
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the journal for review and potential publication.