International Journal of Business and Emerging Markets
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Charbel Salloum
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.1 (2022)
Scholars and managers have shown significant interest in business opportunities provided by emerging markets (EM). Foreign firms'opportunities range from investing in EM to outsourcing from EM, whereas local firms/economies benefit from investments and expertise of foreign firms. Understanding EM characteristics in the face of evolving government policies and changing consumer behaviour is crucial to identifying new consumer needs and developing suitable products/services to meet them. IJBEM addresses these needs by stressing the use of qualitative and empirical data.
Topics covered include
- Research issues in EM
- International business and local government policies
- Business, production, and market orientation of local firms
- Outsourcing from EM
- Marketing effectiveness and marketing culture
- Local culture, consumer behaviour, and advertisements
- Transforming local brands into global brands
- Small- and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) and family businesses
- Local multinational firms and their management
- Foreign investments, risks, and returns
- Corporate culture, strategy and ethics
- Organisational behaviour, human resources, and training and development
- Financial and non-financial business performance
- Information technology and competitiveness
The main objective of the inter-disciplinary peer-reviewed IJBEM is to encourage application of research methods to solve specific business-related problems in EM. The journal aims to promote articles that are based on the unification of the theoretical-quantitative or the empirical-qualitative approach, and that propose future research directions for scholars and recommend actionable business strategies for managers.
IJBEM publishes articles on a broad spectrum of topics relating to EM, and provides scholars with informative research-based articles to advance the research agenda, and managers with practical recommendations to grow their businesses. Policy makers should also benefit from the theory-practice focus of the journal.
As the dedicated journal in EM, IJBEM publishes original articles - theoretical and empirical - in all areas of business - marketing, operations, human resources, and organisational behaviour, among others. Special issues devoted to important topics in EM will occasionally be published.
IJBEM is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
IJBEM is listed in:
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
Editor in Chief
- Salloum, Charbel, EM Normandie Business School, France
- Jarrar, Hajer, Excelia Group, France
- Kreckova Kroupova, Zuzana, University of Economics, Czech Republic
- Liu, Yi, Shandong University, China
- Lu, Jintao, Taiyuan University of Science and Technology, China
- McKenzie, Brent, University of Guelph, Canada
- Pereira, Renato, University Institute of Lisbon, Portugal
- Valeri, Marco, Niccolò Cusano University, Italy
- Wanasika, Isaac, University of Northern Colorado, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Ahamed, Jalal, University of Skövde, Sweden
- Almaharmeh, Mohammad Issa, University of Jordan, Jordan
- Amponsah, Christian Tabi, Yorkville University, Canada
- Aziz, Miriam R., INSEEC Business School, France
- Battisti, Enrico, University of Turin, Italy
- Bonfanti, Angelo, University of Verona, Italy
- Brannon, Daniel C., University of Northern Colorado, USA
- Butler, Bella, Curtin Business School, Australia
- Cardinali, Silvio, Università Politecnica delle Marche, Italy
- Chan, Christopher, York University, Canada
- Choi, Jeonghwan (Jerry), Wenzhou-Kean University, China
- Chung, Christina, Ramapo College of New Jersey, USA
- Díaz, Fernando, Universidad Diego Portales, Chile
- Du, Wenyu, Beihang University, China
- El Khoury, Charbel M., American University in Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Erkol Bayram, Gül, Sinop University, Turkey
- Fattobene, Lucrezia, LUM Jean Monnet University, Italy
- Graziano, Elvira Anna, Link Campus University, Italy
- Gunardi, Ardi, Universitas Pasundan, Indonesia
- Juárez-Torres, Miriam, General Directorate of Economic Research, Mexico
- Kherchi, Ishak, University of Hassiba Ben Bouali de Chlef, Algeria
- Kopf, Dennis A., University of Wisconsin - Whitewater, USA
- Mann, Manveer, Montclair State University, USA
- Masiero, Gilmar, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Muk, Alexander, Texas State University- San Marcos, USA
- Ogasavara, Mario Henrique, Escola Superior de Propaganda e Marketing, Brazil
- Oshimi, Daichi, Tokai University, Japan
- Perera, Yasanthi, Brock University, Canada
- Pham, Long, University of Louisiana at Monroe and Thuyloi University, USA
- Saleem, Irfan, Sohar University, Oman
- Salloum, Laura, TBS Business School, France
- Singh, Ramendra, Indian Institute of Management Calcutta (IIMC), India
- Twinomurinzi, Hossana, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Venkataramany, Sivakumar, Ashland University, USA
- Wolf, Marco, The University of Southern Mississippi, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.