International Journal of Islamic Marketing and Branding
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Baker Ahmad Abdullah Alserhan
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJIMB lays the foundation for and advances Islamic marketing as a new discipline. Mandated to become the leader in the field, it provides the international marketing community with up-to-date research on all aspects of Islamic marketing and the Islamic market. IJIMB furnishes information on marketing needs and trends that introduce new ideas and theories and give insightful and clear illustrations of Islamic marketing thought and practice.
Topics covered include
- Trade with the Islamic world
- The Muslim consumer and consumption patterns
- Islamic branding and positioning
- Islamic franchising, retail and distribution channels
- Islamic marketing mix
- Islamic market segmentation
- Islamic pharmaceuticals and healthcare
- Islamic lifestyles, hospitality, fashion and entertainment
- Current trends in Islamic markets; Islamic marketing/business ethics
- Commercialising Islam and Islamisation of commerce
- Global events and the Muslim consumer
- Halal markets and halal supply chains
- Islamic finance and Islamic microfinance
- e-Marketing in Islamic markets
- Islamic innovation and entrepreneurship
IJIMB aims to advance academic and practical marketing knowledge through the promotion of the entirely new discipline of Islamic marketing and through the engagement of the academics representing more than 1.5 billion Muslim consumers who remain largely unknown to researchers. The journal critically compares, evaluates and assesses the principles and guidelines of Islamic marketing against current marketing thought with the aim of introducing robust, innovative theories and empirical tests of these theories to the current practices of the world marketplaces.
IJIMB provides an up-to-date, thorough and deep analysis of the various aspects of marketing in Islamic markets to the following audiences:
- Academics, scholars and researchers who are keen on developing the overall discipline of marketing
- Researchers and individuals interested in learning more about Islamic markets and marketing
- International companies planning or already engaged in business activities internationally
- Companies in Islamic markets planning, or already engaged in, business activities internationally
- Companies in Islamic markets planning, or already engaged in, national business activities
The journal will be of interest to numerous private and public institutions. The journal represents a major source of knowledge about Islamic markets for students and faculty alike in these universities. Furthermore, the expansion of Islamic marketing course offerings across the Gulf, South East Asia and Europe will generating wider readership and increased contributions.
The targeted readership is, however, not limited to universities. There are other groups which will be interested, including, but not limited to:
- Government ministries and agencies worldwide
- Universities, colleges and education facilities
- Islamic banking, capital markets and investment funds
- Halal industry interests
- Hospitality industry interests
- Import and export agents
- Pharmaceutical, cosmetic and toiletries companies
- Islamic fashion and clothing interests
IJIMB publishes all works related to Islamic marketing and branding in the form of original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in the sub areas of Islamic marketing and branding will occasionally be published.
IJIMB is indexed in:
- Asian Digital Library
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Leisure and Tourism Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
IJIMB is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Alserhan, Baker Ahmad Abdullah, Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT), Jordan
- Halkias, Daphne, International School of Management Paris, France
- Wood, Bronwyn P., United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
Editorial Board Members
- Abdelkader, Meghraoui, Mascara University, Algeria
- Al-Swidi, Abdullah Kaid, Qatar University, Qatar
- Alafi, Khaled, World Islamic Sciences and Education University, Jordan
- Anwar, Syed Aziz, Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University, United Arab Emirates
- Attia, Ashraf M., State University of New York at Oswego, USA
- Beloucif, Ahmed, University of the West of Scotland, UK
- Bhatti, Tariq, Zayed University, United Arab Emirates
- Boukrami, Elias, Regent's University London, UK
- Burki, Umar, Vestfold University College, Norway
- Cader, Yoosuf Ahmed, Zayed University, United Arab Emirates
- Caracatsanis, Sylva, Executive Coaching Consultants, Greece
- Dekhil, Fawzi, University of Tunis El Manar, Tunisia
- Doherty, Ronald J., International Islamic Marketing Association, Ireland
- Echcheikh, Aziza, Abdelmalek Assaidi University, Morocco
- Enyinda, Chris I., Canadian University of Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Erdem, Ekrem, Erciyes Üniversitesi, Turkey
- Ezzi, Shaza W., King Abdulaziz University, Saudi Arabia
- Gambo, Musa K.K., Bayero University, Nigeria
- Gibbs, Paul, Middlesex University, UK
- Harkiolakis, Nicholas, University of Liverpool, UK
- Hassan, Siti Hasnah, Universiti Sains Malaysia, Malaysia
- Ibahrine, Mohammed, University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Jafari, Aliakbar, University of Strathclyde, UK
- Jamal, Ahmad, Cardiff University, UK
- Kadirov, Djavlonbek, Eastern Institute of Technology, New Zealand
- Kalliny, Morris, Saint Louis University, USA
- Khan, Mohammad Sajid, American University of Sharjah, United Arab Emirates
- Koku, Paul, Florida Atlantic University, USA
- Komodromos, Marcos, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Mansour, Aly, American University of Kuwait, Kuwait
- Moufahim, Mona, Durham University, UK
- Muhamad, Nazlida, Universiti Brunei Darussalam, Brunei Darussalam
- Nurhafihz, Noor, University of Adelaide, Australia
- Potluri, Rajasekhara Mouly, Nimra College of Business Management, India
- Rashid, Mamunur, University of Nottingham, Malaysia Campus, Malaysia
- Razalli, Mohd Rizal, Universiti Utara Malaysia, Malaysia
- Santamaría, Ana Isabel González, ESIC Business and Management School, Spain
- Shaheen, Ali Abdalla, Islamic University of Gaza, Palestinian Territory, Occupied
- Shergill, Gurvinder Singh, Massey University, New Zealand
- Springer, Paul, Buckinghamshire New University, UK
- Thurman, Paul W., Columbia University, USA
- Yacout, Omneya Mokhtar, Alexandria University, Egypt
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Selected authors will be invited to elaborate on their research topic and submit the results to the journal for review and potential publication.