International Journal of Quantitative Research in Education
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Timothy Teo
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJQRE aims to enhance the practice and theory of quantitative research in education. In this journal, “education” is defined in the broadest sense of the word, to include settings outside the school. IJQRE publishes peer-reviewed, empirical research employing a variety of quantitative methods and approaches, including but not limited to surveys, cross sectional studies, longitudinal research, structural equation modelling, multilevel modelling and Rasch modelling.
Topics covered include
- Item response theory
- Multivariate methods
- Educational measurement
- Psychological assessment
- Structural equation modelling
- Multilevel modelling
- Latent growth modelling
- Rasch analysis
- Panel data analysis
- Regression analysis
- Agent-based modelling
- Survey research
- Longitudinal studies
The objective of IJQRE is to provide a forum for professionals, academics, researchers, and policy makers and students to share, critique and exchange ideas through the use of quantitative methods in research to answer questions related to education.
All professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers and students in the fields of education, psychology and training and development with interests in the use of quantitative methods as the primary research design.
IJQRE publishes original papers that include at least one method of quantitative data analysis. In addition, innovative or provocative approaches to quantitative research as well as the way research is reported are encouraged. Theoretical papers are also welcome. These may be those that discuss original methods useful for the applied statistician in educational research such as new methods of analysis, critical reviews of current practice or tutorials of less well-known methods. IJQRE also publishes book reviews.
IJQRE is indexed in:
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Google Scholar
- ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research)
IJQRE is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Teo, Timothy, Murdoch University, Australia
- Sheng, Yanyan, Southern Illinois University Carbondale, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Bernardo, Allan B.I., University of Macau, Macao
- Bourke, Sid, University of Newcastle, Australia
- Caputi, Peter, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Cheng, May May Hung, Hong Kong Institute of Education, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Chong, Wan Har, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Connolly, Paul, Queen's University Belfast, UK
- Desjardins, Richard, Aarhus University, Denmark
- Fan, Xitao, University of Macau, Macao
- Finch, Holmes, Ball State University, USA
- Hagtvet, Knut Arne, University of Olso, Norway
- Hattie, John, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Ho, Esther Sui-Chu, Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Hornby, Garry, , Barbados
- Hung, Woei, University of North Dakota, USA
- Kang, Sang-jin, Yonsei University, South Korea
- Khoo, Siek Toon, Australian Council for Educational Research, Australia
- Konstantopoulos, Spyros, Michigan State University, USA
- Kuncel, Nathan, University of Minnesota, USA
- Lee, Chwee Beng, University of Western Sydney, Australia
- Lee, Wing On, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Niemivirta, Markku, University of Helsinki, Finland
- Noyes, Jan, University of Bristol, UK
- Padilla, Amado, Stanford University, USA
- Papanastasiou, Elena C., University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Rubie-Davies, Christine, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Sammons, Pam, Oxford University, UK
- Skaalvik, Einar M., Norwegian University of Science and Technology, Norway
- Tien, Hsiu-Lan Shelley, National Taiwan Normal University, Taiwan
- Tolmie, Andrew, University of London, UK
- Wang, Wen Chung, Hong Kong Institute of Education, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Watt, Helen, University of Sydney, Australia
- Wong, Su Luan, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
- Worrell, Frank C., University of California, Berkeley, USA
- Yang, Chih-Chien, National Taichung University of Education, Taiwan
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.