- Commercial trucks
- Vehicle combinations
- Conventional buses
- Hybrid buses
- Heavy military vehicles
- Integrated heavy vehicle systems
- Agricultural equipment
- Construction equipment
- Railway running gear components, including wheel, bearing, and brake testing and simulation
- Rail durability testing and simulation
- Rail vehicles longitudinal and lateral stability and control at high- and low-speeds
- Rail vehicles suspension and ride dynamics
- Heavy vehicles safety and human factors
More on this journal...
The objectives of IJHVS are to develop, promote and coordinate the science and practice of vehicle design. It also aims to help professionals working in the field, engineering and business educators and policy-makers to contribute, to disseminate information and to learn from each other|s work. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological change and changes in the global economy.
Professionals and academics in the field of automotive engineering, technology and management.Contents
IJHVS publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
IJHVS is indexed in:
IJHVS is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- El-Gindy, M., University of Ontario Institute of Technology (UOIT), Canada
- Zhang, Xiong, General Dynamics Land Systems – Canada, Canada
- Huang, Wei, Harman Automotive, USA
- Zhu, Jian Jun, General Motors Co., USA
Editorial Board Members
- Öijer, Fredrik, Volvo 3P, Sweden
- Ünlüsoy, Yavuz Samim, Middle East Technical University, Turkey
- Castejón, Luis, University of Zaragoza, Spain
- Cebon, David, Cambridge University, UK
- Clarke, Robert, Truck Manufacturers Association, USA
- De Pont, John, TERNZ Ltd, New Zealand
- Elischer, Matt, ARRB Group Ltd, Australia
- Gillespie, Thomas D., Mechanical Simulation Corporation, USA
- Gilmore, Brian, Deere & Company, USA
- Gunter, David, U.S. Army, USA
- Haque, Imtiaz, Clemson University, USA
- Hiller, Manfred, Universitat-GH-Duisburg, Germany
- Juhala, Matti, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
- Kemeny, Andras, Renault, Direction de la Recherche, France
- Kimbrough, Scott, MRA Forensic Sciences, USA
- Lozano, Alejandro, National Polytechnic Institute, Mexico
- Mantriota, Giacomo, Politecnico di Bari, Italy
- McPhee, John J., University of Waterloo, Canada
- Nordström, Olle, Swedish Road and Traffic Research Institute (VTI), Sweden
- Polach, Oldrich, Bombardier Transportation Ltd, Switzerland
- Shinar, David, Ben Gurion University of the Negev, Israel
- Tomizuka, Masayoshi, University of California at Berkeley, USA
- Velinsky, Steven A., University of California-Davis, USA
- Wong, J.Y., Carleton University, Canada
- Woods, Jeffrey M., USDOT/NHTSA/NVS-122, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no fees for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.