International Journal of Postharvest Technology and Innovation
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Olaniyi Fawole
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.9 (2022)
Investments in postharvest research/infrastructure can yield high rates of return comparable to - and often higher than - investments in on-farm production. IJPTI offers innovative research findings and industry best practices on postharvest handling techniques, agro-processing and marketing of food and biological products of plant and animal origin. It addresses scientific/engineering/technological/policy/developmental issues regarding postharvest management aimed at reducing food losses, maintenance and assurance of product quality, safety and traceability, highlighting postharvest innovation and knowledge/technology transformation into useful products/services in agri-food/biological industries.
Topics covered include
- Effects of preharvest management on postharvest quality
- Maturity assessment and prediction
- Product quality, safety, control
- Postharvest pathology, disease control, treatments, value-addition
- Food traceability, identity preservation: policy, legislation, enabling technologies
- ICT in postharvest management
- Education/training methods for sustainable postharvest development
- Innovative packaging and storage technology: controlled/modified atmospheres
- Instrumentation/control systems, postharvest laboratory standards/accreditation
- Agro-processing, incl. minimal processing, handling systems, damage reduction
- Assessment/reduction of postharvest losses
- Cool-chain management, drying technology, kinetics
- Agri-food trade and market access, functional foods and human health
- Impacts/benefits of postharvest research, emerging/novel technologies
- Postharvest project design/management/evaluation, case studies, best practice
The objective of IJPTI is to establish an effective and timely channel for multidisciplinary communication between experts in academic and research institutions, practitioners and professionals working in agriculture/horticulture and related industries, policy makers, government, and non-governmental agencies involved in postharvest technology and agro-industrial development. It also provides a forum to present and discuss best practices in postharvest technology as a strategy for linking farmers to markets using appropriate technologies for product quality maintenance, quantity conservation, value-addition and marketing.
Special attention will be paid to research findings and innovative best practices which have practical application to reduce the incidence of losses, maintain product quality, extend shelf-life and enhance the marketing potential of fresh and processed food products. Industry practitioners, including rural development agencies, can showcase successful postharvest technology interventions and their impacts in income generation, employment, poverty alleviation and improvement of food security in developing and transitional countries.
IJPTI provides a medium for researchers, industry practitioners, academics, and policy makers, working in the agri-food postproduction sector, to disseminate scientific information, to share experiences and to learn from each other's work. Articles that address the issue of appropriate postharvest technology for integrated sustainable development in resource-poor regions will be especially welcome.
IJPTI publishes peer refereed original research papers, state-of-the-art review papers, technical reports, case studies and best practice, conference reports, project design and management, consultancy reports, book reviews, education, training and extension notes, commentaries, and news. Papers addressing major policy and ethical issues affecting the postharvest industry will also be considered. Special Issues devoted to important and emerging topics in Postharvest Technology and its role in broader economic development will occasionally be published. Suggestions for Special Issues are welcome.
IJPTI is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- AGRICOLA (National Agricultural Library)
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Animal Sciences
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- Pascal (INIST-CNRS)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJPTI is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
- Opara, Umezuruike Linus, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
Editor in Chief
- Fawole, Olaniyi, University of Johannesburg, South Africa
- Rosenthal, Amauri, Embrapa (Brazilian Coorporation for Agricultural Research), Brazil
- Terry, Leon A., Cranfield University , UK
Editorial Board Members
- Altisent, Margarita Ruiz, Universidad Politecnica de Madrid, Spain
- Banks, Nigel H., ScInnova Ltd, New Zealand
- Beaudry, Randy, Michigan State University,, USA
- Ben-Arie, Ruth, Fruit Storage Research Laboratory, Israel
- Bollen, Frank, ZESPRI International Limited, New Zealand
- Brash, Don, Food Industry Science Centre, Crop & Food Research, New Zealand
- Chen, Xiao Dong, Monash University, Australia
- Chukwu, Ogbonnaya, Federal University of Technology, Nigeria
- Ferris, Shaun, Catholic Relief Services, USA
- Grochowicz, Józef, Agricultural Univesity, Poland
- Hewett, Errol W., Massey University, New Zealand
- Kanlayanarat, Sirichai, King Mongkut’s University of Technology, Thailand
- Kasapis, Stefan, RMIT University, Australia
- Korsten, Lise, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Mujumdar, Arun S., National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Ngadi, Michael O., McGill University, Canada
- Nicolai, Bart, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Belgium
- Oshita, Seiichi, The University of Tokyo, Japan
- Park, Hyun Jin, Korea Univesity, South Korea
- Rao, M. A., Cornell University, USA
- Salokhe, Vilas M., Kaziranga University, India
- Serek, Margrethe, The Royal Veterinary and Agricultural University, Denmark
- Siddique, Kadambot, University of Western Australia, Australia
- Singh, R. Paul, University of California, USA
- Tanner, David, ZESPRI International Limited, New Zealand
- Viaene, Jacques, Ghent University, Belgium
- Watkins, Chris, Cornell University, USA
- Ying, Yibin, Zhejiang University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Prof. Olaniyi Fawole appointed as new Editor in Chief of International Journal of Postharvest Technology and Innovation
9 May, 2023
Prof. Olaniyi Fawole from the University of Johannesburg in South Africa has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Postharvest Technology and Innovation.