International Journal of Management Practice
- Prof. Yong Wang
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
Significant amounts of theory are not applied to management practice, being too far removed from the world of practice or being sound but handled in a manner that confines them to academia. IJMP focuses on the pragmatics of informing management action/practice, translating existing theories into forms relevant, digestible and amenable to practical action, besides developing new insights by developing and examining leading edge managerial practices to enhance organisational performance. The challenges are dynamic, so the subject coverage is merely indicative.
Topics covered include
- Small/family business management, intra/entrepreneurship
- Government policy on entrepreneurship
- Creating marketing orientation
- Managing business relationships
- Financing business, accounting
- Managing work place motivation/pressure/stress
- De-layering, restructuring
- Managing learning and improvement
- Instilling creativity
- Managing globalisation and international business
- Managing supply chains
- Developing/leveraging core competencies
- Business processes improvement/management
- Quality management, continuous improvement
- E-management practices
The aim of the IJMP is to help turn management theory into management practice. IJMP endeavours to illustrate pragmatic solutions to corporate problems and challenges.
Professionals, academics, researchers, and managers.
IJMP publishes papers that are able to show how to turn theory into practice or describe leading managerial practices that enable business performance. It will adopt a pragmatic and easy to read jargon free style. IJMP will encourage papers that develop frameworks and define processes that help to translate specific concepts and philosophy into organisational actions. The journal will also publish rigorously compiled case studies of companies that illustrate ||best practice|| ways of doing things, and highlight key challenges and ways of transferring these practices into other organisations.
IJMP is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- ProQuest ABI/Inform Collection
IJMP is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Ahmed, Pervaiz K., Monash University Malaysia, Malaysia
- Wang, Yong, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Anosike, Uchenna Paschal, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Hardaker, Glenn, University of Huddersfield,, UK
- Oriade, Ade, University of Wolverhampton, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Chonko, Larry, Baylor University, USA
- D'Amico, Michael F., The University of Akron, USA
- De Vries, Manfred F.R. Kets, INSEAD, France
- Dehler, Gordon E., College of Charleston, USA
- Hamlin, Bob, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Hax, Arnaldo C., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Hooi, Lai Wan, The University of Nottingham, Malaysia
- Kakabadse, Andrew, Cranfield School of Management, UK
- Klefsjö, Bengt, Luleå University, Sweden
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Misra, Rajnish Kumar, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, India
- Mustafa, Michael, University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, Malaysia
- Rafiq, Mohammed, Loughborough University, UK
- Rossi, Matteo, University of Sannio, Italy
- Ryan, Neal, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Schmidt-Wilk, Jane, Maharishi University of Management, USA
- Simintiras, Antonis, University of Wales, UK
- Sivakumar, K., Lehigh University, USA
- Sohal, Amrik, Monash University, Australia
- Soufani, Khaled, University of Cambridge, UK
- Wang, Catherine L., Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Wilderom, Celeste P.M., University of Twente, Netherlands
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
International Journal of Management Practice increases issues
4 September, 2019
The International Journal of Management Practice has announced that it will be increasing issues from four to six from 2020 onwards.