| Editors: Prof. Pervaiz K. Ahmed, Dr. Yong Wang |
ISSN online: 1741-8143
ISSN print: 1477-9064
4 issues per year
Significant amounts of theory are not applied to management practice, being too far removed from the world of practice or being sound but handled in a manner that confines them to academia. IJMP focuses on the pragmatics of informing management action/practice, translating existing theories into forms relevant, digestible and amenable to practical action, besides developing new insights by developing and examining leading edge managerial practices to enhance organisational performance. The challenges are dynamic, so the subject coverage is merely indicative.
- Small/family business management, intra/entrepreneurship
- Government policy on entrepreneurship
- Creating marketing orientation
- Managing business relationships
- Financing business, accounting
- Managing work place motivation/pressure/stress
- De-layering, restructuring
- Managing learning and improvement
- Instilling creativity
- Managing globalisation and international business
- Managing supply chains
- Developing/leveraging core competencies
- Business processes improvement/management
- Quality management, continuous improvement
- E-management practices
More on this journal...
The aim of the IJMP is to help turn management theory into management practice. IJMP endeavours to illustrate pragmatic solutions to corporate problems and challenges.Readership
Professionals, academics, researchers, and managers.
IJMP publishes papers that are able to show how to turn theory into practice or describe leading managerial practices that enable business performance. It will adopt a pragmatic and easy to read jargon free style. IJMP will encourage papers that develop frameworks and define processes that help to translate specific concepts and philosophy into organisational actions. The journal will also publish rigorously compiled case studies of companies that illustrate ||best practice|| ways of doing things, and highlight key challenges and ways of transferring these practices into other organisations.
More on permissions
IJMP is indexed in:
IJMP is listed in:
- Ahmed, Pervaiz K., Monash University Malaysia, Malaysia
- Wang, Yong, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Hardaker, Glenn, University of Huddersfield,, UK
Editorial Board Members
- Anosike, Uchenna Paschal, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Chonko, Larry, Baylor University, USA
- D'Amico, Michael F., The University of Akron, USA
- Dehler, Gordon E., College of Charleston, USA
- De Vries, Manfred F.R. Kets, INSEAD, France
- Hamlin, Bob, University of Wolverhampton, UK
- Hax, Arnaldo C., Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Hooi, Lai Wan, The University of Nottingham, Malaysia
- Kakabadse, Andrew, Cranfield School of Management, UK
- Klefsjö, Bengt, Lule University, Sweden
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Misra, Rajnish Kumar, Jaypee Institute of Information Technology, India
- Mustafa, Michael, University of Nottingham Malaysia Campus, Malaysia
- Rafiq, Mohammed, Loughborough University, UK
- Rossi, Matteo, University of Sannio, Italy
- Ryan, Neal, Queensland University of Technology, Australia
- Schmidt-Wilk, Jane, Maharishi University of Management, USA
- Simintiras, Antonis, University of Wales, UK
- Sivakumar, K., Lehigh University, USA
- Sohal, Amrik, Monash University, Australia
- Soufani, Khaled, University of Cambridge, UK
- Wang, Catherine L., Oxford Brookes University, UK
- Wilderom, Celeste P.M., University of Twente, Netherlands
- Worrall, Les, University of Coventry, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.