International Journal of Powertrains
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Xubin Song
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1
The International Journal of Powertrains (IJPT) was established in 2011 and has become an authoritative international reference in its field. It publishes proceedings of the International Association for Vehicle Design, which is an independent, non-profit learned society that exists to develop, promote and coordinate the science and practice of automotive engineering, technology, vehicle design and safety.
IJPT addresses novel scientific/technological results contributing to advancing powertrain technology, from components/subsystems to system integration/controls. Focus is primarily but not exclusively on ground vehicle applications. IJPT's perspective is largely inspired by the fact that many innovations in powertrain advancement are only possible due to synergies between mechanical design, mechanisms, mechatronics, controls, networking system integration, etc. The science behind these is characterised by physical phenomena across the range of physics (multiphysics) and scale of motion (multiscale) governing the behaviour of components/subsystems.
Topics covered include
- Design/modelling/dynamics/control of engines/transmissions/drivelines
- Energy management strategies for multi-modes of propulsion
- e.g hybrid powertrains
- Innovative energy efficient/environment friendly technologies
- e.g. plug-in systems
- Advanced energy conversion, including
- fuel energy conversion, onboard energy storage/generation
- Electric drive systems incl. motors/generators/invertors/power electronics
- Powertrain integration/control/optimisation/diagnostics/prognostics
- Networked systems
- Software development for powertrain control; real-time simulation
- Experimental investigations, model validation
- Component and powertrain-in-the-loop techniques
- Advanced engine technology, advanced techniques in emission reductions
- Analysis/assessment of impact on energy utilisation and environment
The overarching objective of IJPT is to provide a unique and effective channel within which ground-breaking collaborative research findings in the powertrain area are archived and discussed. The journal will emphasise the potential of advanced emerging powertrain systems to achieve significant improvements in fuel economy, emissions, reliability, durability, drivability, robustness and cost efficiency. The journal will also recognize the rapidly growing complexity of powertrain systems, and the seamless integration between their various hardware and software components. This creates the need for a journal that addresses complex powertrain engineering issues in a synergistic way with emphasis on the potential of innovations in multiple disciplines to pave the road towards novel powertrain architectures and technologies.
IJPT provides a means to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of vehicle and powertrain engineering, analysis, research and development, to disseminate information and exchange views on recent advances in the field.
IJPT publishes original papers, technology reviews, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, and book reviews. Special issues devoted to important topics and developments in the powertrain area will be published on a regular basis.
IJPT is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Compendex [formerly Ei] (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Proquest Technology Collection
- TRID [Transportation Research Information Services + ITRD] (Transportation Research Board)
IJPT is listed in:More journal lists/directories...
Editor in Chief
- Song, Xubin, Weichai Power Co., Ltd., China
- Xu, Hongming, University of Birmingham, UK
- Xu, Xiangyang, Beihang Uniersity, China
- Cacciato, Mario, Università degli Studi di Catania, Italy
- Mohammadpour, Mahdi, Loughborough University, UK
- Montanaro, Umberto, University of Surrey, UK
- Prucka, Robert Gary, Clemson University, USA
- Spitas, Christos, Nazarbayev University, Kazakhstan
- Xu, Liangfei, Tsinghua University, China
Editorial Board Members
- Cao, Dongpu, Cranfield University , UK
- Chen, Hong, Tongji University, China
- Deur, Joško, University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Ebrahimi, M.K., Loughborough University, UK
- Emadi, Ali, Illinois Institute of Technology, USA
- Filipi, Zoran, Clemson University, USA
- Jacobs, Timothy J., Texas A&M University, USA
- Khajepour, Amir, University of Waterloo, Canada
- Kücükay, Ferit, Technical University of Brunswick, Germany
- Lin, Cheng, Beijing Institute of Technology, China
- Ouyang, Minggao, Tsinghua University, China
- Rizzo, Gianfranco, University of Salerno, Italy
- Rizzoni, Giorgio, Ohio State University, USA
- Shahbakhti, Mahdi, University of Alberta, Canada
- Shu, Yong, Hangzhou Dianzi University, China
- Sorniotti, Aldo, University of Surrey, UK
- Srinivasan, Kalyan Kumar, University of Alabama, USA
- Stahl, Karsten, Technische Universität München, Germany
- Tartakovsky, Leonid, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Israel
- Tenberge, Peter, Ruhr-University Bochum, Germany
- Tunestål, Per, Lund University, Sweden
- Wang, Junmin, Ohio State University, USA
- Xu, Min, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Zhang, Henry, Purdue University, USA
- Zhang, Nong, Hefei University of Technology, China
- Zhu, Guoming (George), Michigan State University, USA
- Anstrom, Joel R., Thomas D. Larson Pennsylvania Transportation Institute, USA
- Aymen, Flah, National Engineering School of Gabes, Tunisia
- Xie, Hui, Tianjin University, China
- Yan, Fengjun, McMaster University, Canada
- Zhou, Quan, University of Birmingham, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
International Conference on Advanced Vehicle Powertrains (ICAVP2021) a Success
8 September, 2021
The International Conference on Advanced Vehicle Powertrains (ICAVP), a biennial event since 2017, was initiated by the International Journal of Powertrains. ICAVP2021 took place over 3-4 September (hosted by Beihang University in Beijing, China), and the two-day conference was truly a success. More than 200 online and offline experts and scholars from China, the United States, Germany, the United Kingdom, Australia and other countries participated to discuss "dual carbon goals". Furthermore, the development status and future trends of cutting-edge technologies such as advanced motive power systems, electric propulsion systems and new energy vehicle technologies were also discussed.
The hybrid conference offered both in-person and global online attendance to address the pandemic situation. It was also broadcast globally via the internet for its prospective audience. 73 experts attended in person, over 143 attended online, and over 186,000 viewers viewed its free broadcasts.
The following broadcast links from ICAVP2021 will be available online for one year.
ICAVP2021 had five invited keynotes, ten invited technical reports from ten automotive companies, and 29 technical presentations from 32 accepted full papers. One BPA and two Student BPAs were awarded. The conference programme is available here, and videos of the talks can be watched here..
Please refer to the above links for more detailed information.
Inderscience journals newly indexed by Ei Compendex
8 January, 2021
Inderscience's Editorial Office is pleased to announce that the following journals have been indexed by Ei Compendex, thus further expanding the range of Inderscience journals listed on this database:International Journal of Bio-Inspired Computation
International Journal of Business Intelligence and Data Mining
International Journal of Cloud Computing
International Journal of Computational Intelligence Studies
International Journal of Electronic Business
International Journal of Energy Technology and Policy
International Journal of Environment and Sustainable Development
International Journal of Hydrology Science and Technology
International Journal of Innovation and Sustainable Development
International Journal of Knowledge-Based Development
International Journal of Power and Energy Conversion
International Journal of Powertrains
International Journal of Sensor Networks
International Journal of Systems, Control and Communications