International Journal of Business and Globalisation
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Leo Paul Dana
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 12 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.6 (2022)
IJBG proposes and fosters discussion on various aspects of business and globalisation, including the physical environment and poverty.
IJBG is an Open Access-only journal and article processing charges (APCs) apply.
Topics covered include
- Globalisation and environmental degradation
- Globalisation and poverty
- Human mobility in a globalised world
- Competition in a global economy
- Indigenous enterprises and the global economy
- Globalisation of SMEs
The objectives of IJBG are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the complex role of business and globalisation. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and ecological change and changes in the global economy.
IJBG provides a vehicle to help academics, researchers, policy makers, managers and entrepreneurs, working in business, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJBG publishes original empirical research, conceptual papers, and book reviews.
IJBG is indexed in:More indexes...
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJBG is listed in:
- National Agency for Evaluation of the University and Research System (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Dana, Leo Paul, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Carneiro-da-Cunha, Julio, Nove de Julho University, Brazil
- Rezaei, Shahamak, Roskilde University, Denmark
Regional Editor Asia
- Misra, Subhas C., IIT Kanpur, India
Regional Editor Europe
- Lasch, Frank, Groupe Sup de Co Montpellier Business School, France
Editorial Board Members
- Alon, Ilan, Ariel University, Israel
- Anderson, Robert B., University of Regina, Canada
- Boffa, Danilo, University of Teramo, Italy
- Chand, Anand, University of the South Pacific, Fiji
- Chew, Soon Beng, Nanyang Technological University, Singapore
- Cook, Steve, Oregon State University, USA
- Dabic, Marina, Nottingham Trent University, UK and University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Daskalaki, Eirini, ACC Akademia College, Cyprus
- Datta, Saroj Kumar, Galgotias University , India
- Donia, Enrica, University of Palermo , Italy
- Elo, Maria, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Erkol Bayram, Gül, Sinop University, Turkey
- Esposito, Paolo, Eastern Pidmont University, Italy
- Gaddefors, Johan, University of Gavle, Sweden
- Gera, Navneet, Jagannath International Management School Kalkaji, India
- Guieu, Gilles, Aix-Marseille Université, France
- Hall, C. Michael, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Heikkinen, Hannu I., University of Oulu, Finland
- Heilbrunn, Sibylle, Kinneret Academic College on the Sea of Galilee, Israel
- Hou, Xue, China Center for Information and Industry Development, China
- Jabłoński, Marek, University of Dąbrowa Górnicza, Poland
- Jafari-Sadeghi, Vahid, Aston University, UK
- Jaganjac, Jamila, University of Vitez, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Karatas-Ozkan, Mine, University of Southampton, UK
- Krueger, Jr, Norris, Entrepreneurship Northwest, USA
- Litvin, Stephen W., College of Charleston, USA
- Märk, Stefan, Salzburg University of Applied Sciences, Austria
- Maksüdünov, Azamat, Kyrgyz-Turkish Manas University, Kyrgyzstan
- Mason, Michela C., University of Udine, Italy
- Mason, Nicholas, University of Canterbury, New Zealand
- Matlay, Harry, University of the West of Scotland, UK
- McElwee, Gerard, University of Huddersfield, UK
- McIntyre, John R., Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Meron, Orly C., Bar-Ilan University, Israel
- Missens, Richard, First Nations University, Canada
- Musso, Domenico, Pontificia Università Lateranense, Italy
- Obrecht, Jean-Jacques, Université se Strasbourg, France
- Ohkita, Kenichi, Aichi University, Japan
- Omrane, Amina, University of Sfax and IHEC Carthage, Tunisia
- Paranque, Bernard, Kedge Business School, France
- Peris Ortiz, Marta, Universidad Politècnica de Valencia, Spain
- Pillania, Rajesh K., Management Development Institute Gurgaon, India
- Polke, Jürgen, University of Applied Sciences Vorarlberg, Austria
- Prestamburgo, Sonia, University of Trieste, Italy
- Pullar, Gordon L., University of Alaska Fairbanks, USA
- Ramadani, Veland, South-East European University, North Macedonia
- Ratten, Vanessa, La Trobe University, Australia
- Riseth, Jan Age, Norut Social Science Research, Norway
- Rossi, Matteo, University of Sannio, Italy
- Roy, Achinto, Deakin University, Australia
- Salamzadeh, Aidin, University of Tehran, Iran
- Sandberg, Susanne, Linnaeus University, Sweden
- Sangle, Shirish, National Institute of Industrial Engineering (NITIE), India
- Schaper, Michael, Bond University, Australia
- Sgroi, Filippo, University of Palermo, Italy
- Singh, Sandeep, Punjabi University, Patiala, India
- Troise, Ciro, University of Turin, Italy
- Unruh, John, University of Alaska, USA
- Vitolla, Filippo, LUM Jean Monnet University, Italy
- Walters, Craig, Tipperary Institute, Ireland
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs, research notes and case studies are not published in this journal.
- All articles must be written in English, using UK spelling and terminology. If English is not your first language, please ask an English-speaking colleague to proofread your article.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find moreinformation on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
In debt to fashion
6 June, 2023
Komal Malik and Manoj Joshi of the Amity Business School at Amity University Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus, used an experiential research design to survey and capture non-rational behaviour shopping behaviour among Indian consumers. "Non-rationality can be referred as the influence of emotional factors rather than tangible gains and losses associated with a choice," the authors write. In addition, in their paper in the International Journal of Business and Globalisation, they reviewed the existing literature to provide context. The team's analysis considered factors such as brand loyalty, gift and special occasion purchases, social affinity, lifestyle choice, the feel-good factor, offers and discounts, changing fashion, personality [...]More details...
International Journal of Business and Globalisation is now an open access-only journal
1 March, 2023
We are pleased to announce that the International Journal of Business and Globalisation is now an Open Access-only journal. All accepted articles submitted from March 2023 onwards will be Open Access, and will require an article processing charge of US $1500.