- SMEs' start-up development, corporate venturing
- Technological opportunities, new firm creation, valuation
- Technological adoption, technology transfer, technopreneurship
- Joint ventures/alliances, franchising and corporate ownership
- Business incubator development strategy
- Economic and social entrepreneurship
- Virtual coaching services for SMEs
- SMEs and entrepreneurship policy
- Start-up cognitions/behaviours
- Halo effect, technology licensing
- Long-run technology investments
- Knowledge management/technology strategy in SMEs
- Managing rapid growth, accelerating competitive effectiveness
- Strategy decision speed and SME performance
- Entrepreneurs in non-profit sector
More on this journal...
The IJMED aims to help professionals working in the field, academic educators and policy-makers to contribute, to disseminate knowledge, and to learn from each other|s work through cutting edge thinking. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological change and changes in the global economy. IJMED is an outstanding outlet whereby management and enterprise and development research can shape itself and results can be shared across institutions, governments, researchers and students, as well as industry.
- Up-to-date, leading edge research to keep you ahead and maintain a competitive edge best practice in SMEs
- Practical guidance on ways to achieve effectiveness and efficiency in SME management and development
- In-depth analysis and interpretation to advance our understanding and provide a framework for further study of management and enterprise development
- International coverage which allows us to share information and knowledge and insight on a worldwide scale
Professionals, academics, researchers, and managers in small and medium sized business, policy makers, and non-profit organisations.Contents
The IJMED publishes original and review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, and notes, commentaries, and news. Contribution may be by submission or invitation, and suggestions for special issues and publications are welcome.
- High quality papers to keep you at the forefront of the latest thinking and research in SMEs
- Case studies and practical applications to illustrate management and enterprise development
IJMED is indexed in:
IJMED is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Pastuszak, Zbigniew, Maria Curie-Sklodowska University, Poland
- Ho, Li-An, Tamkang University, Taiwan
- Phusavat, Kongkiti, Kasetsart University, Thailand
Editorial Board Members
- Brem, Alexander, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Caputo, Antonio Casimiro, University of L'Aquila, Italy
- Catt, Peter M., UNITEC New Zealand, New Zealand
- Chen, Shyh-jer, National Sun Yat-sen University, Taiwan
- Daily, Bonnie F., New Mexico State University, USA
- Dunn, Paul, University of Louisiana at Monroe, USA
- Fowler, Karen L., University of Northern Colorado, USA
- Gorenak, Vinko, University of Maribor, Slovenia
- Haapasalo, Harri Jouni Olavi, University of Oulu, Finland
- Kelly, Eileen, Ithaca College, USA
- Kess, Pekka, University of Oulu, Finland
- Kuei, Chu-hua, Pace University, USA
- Kushnirovich, Nonna, Ruppin Academic Center, Israel
- Laitinen, Erkki K., University of Vaasa, Finland
- Latruffe, Laure, INRA Unite ESR, France
- Leszczynska, Agnieszka, Maria Sklodowska Curie University, Poland
- Lin, Binshan, Louisiana State University in Shreveport, USA
- Lin, Chinho, National Cheng Kung University, Taiwan
- Lin, Yichen, National University of Tainan, Taiwan
- Numprasertchai, Haruthai, Kasetsart University, Thailand
- Pawlak, Marek, John Paul II Catholic University of Lublin, Poland
- Pereira-Moliner, Jorge, University of Alicante, Spain
- Sari, Kazim, Beykent University, Turkey
- Scarlat, Cezar, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
- Sommer, Rainer, George Mason University, USA
- Van Reekum, A.H. (Rik), University of Twente, Netherlands
- Wei, June, University of West Florida, USA
- Zelbst, Pamela J., Sam Houston State University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.