World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Leo Paul Dana
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- CiteScore 2020 1.1
WREMSD is a multidisciplinary refereed journal on issues central to management and sustainable development around the world. The general theme of WREMSD has been very carefully chosen to include business and entrepreneurship management and the challenges these represent in terms of global competitiveness and sustainable development. It also addresses the question of how we are going to help local people to adapt and apply modern managerial practices to their local settings and improve their decision-making process and competitiveness
Topics covered include
- Accounting, finance, banking, taxation, mergers and acquisitions with regard to sustainable development
- Business/organisational communication, IT in global business and e-commerce with regard to sustainable development
- Business ethics, values, social responsibility
- Business law and legal environment of business/development with regard to sustainable development
- Corporate governance and strategy, MNCs, SMEs and entrepreneurship in the context of sustainable development
- Cross-cultural management/marketing and cross-disciplinary business areas in the context of sustainable development
- Environmental challenges, agribusiness/marketing/economics of sustainable development
- FDI, international trade, exporting and marketing with regard to sustainable development
- Economics, free trade, trade agreements and informal sector with regard to sustainable development
- Industrial engineering/management and supply chain/logistics management with regard to sustainable development
- International business/management and business in transition economies with regard to sustainable development
- Management/organisational theory and decision sciences with regard to sustainable development
- Operations/production/performance/quality/project management with regard to sustainable development
The objective of WREMSD is to bring together the knowledge, skills and experience on these issues across the world and therefore benefit a wide range of universities, research centres, individuals, entrepreneurs, small businesses, governmental departments and policy makers, etc., worldwide.
WREMSD is developed to provide a handy source of reference to people who have to or seek to operate within the new global business environment. WREMSD provides thousands of academics, researchers, managers, professionals, entrepreneurs, individuals, and policymakers with the best available evidence when contributing to better business and management practices for all within the populations they serve. It therefore helps achieving global competitiveness and sustainable development.
WREMSD publishes original papers, review papers, conceptual papers, business and management case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Business, Management and Entrepreneurship will occasionally be published.
WREMSD is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Business Economics and Theory Collection (Gale)
- CAB Abstracts - Agriculture and International Development Indexes
- CAB Animal Sciences
- CAB Abstracts - Environmental Sciences Indexes
- CAB Abstracts - Human Sciences Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Leisure and Tourism Abstracts
- CAB Abstracts - Plant Sciences Abstracts
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- EconLit (American Economic Association)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- CAB Global Health
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- Pirabase (Smithers Pira)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
WREMSD is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- Aston Business School list
Honorary Editor in Chief
- Urban, Sabine, Université de Strasbourg, France
Editor in Chief
- Dana, Leo Paul, Montpellier Business School, France
- Britzelmaier, Bernd, Pforzheim University, Germany
- Hoy, Frank, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Kaufmann, Hans Rüdiger, University of Applied Management Studies Mannheim and University of Nicosia, Germany
- Mueller, Jens, University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Ramadani, Veland, South-East European University, Macedonia, F.Y.R.
Editorial Board Members
- Braet, Johan, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Cantele, Silvia, Università degli Studi di Verona, Italy
- Dabic, Marina, Nottingham Trent University, UK and University of Zagreb, Croatia
- Datta, Saroj Kumar, Galgotias University , India
- Ferraris, Alberto, University of Turin, Italy
- Gurau, Calin, Groupe Sup de Co Montpellier, France
- Ibrahim, A. Bakr, Concordia University, Canada
- Inal, Gözde, European University of Lefke, Cyprus
- Jafari-Sadeghi, Vahid, Aston University, UK
- Jaganjac, Jamila, University of Vitez, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Joshi, Manoj, Amity University, India
- Junquera Cimadevilla, Beatriz, Universidad de Oviedo, Spain
- Kandhadai, Ravi, Jain University, India
- Kumar, Sushil, Indian Institute of Management Visakhapatnam, India
- Lasch, Frank, Groupe Sup de Co Montpellier Business School, France
- McGuire, Jean B., Louisiana State University, USA
- Meron, Orly C., Bar-Ilan University, Israel
- Miglietta, Federica, Università degli Studi di Bari Aldo Moro , Italy
- Musits, Bela L., Clarkson University, USA
- Ohkita, Kenichi, Aichi University, Japan
- Palalic, Ramo, International University of Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Peris Ortiz, Marta, Universidad Politècnica de Valencia, Spain
- Rhoades, Dawna L., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, USA
- Rossi, Matteo, University of Sannio, Italy
- Salamzadeh, Aidin, University of Tehran, Iran
- Salloum, Charbel, Burgundy University, France
- Seema, A., Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), India
- Sgroi, Filippo, University of Palermo, Italy
- Sharma, Praveen Kumar, Lovely Professional University, India
- Shneor, Rotem, University of Agder, Norway
- Sohail, Mohammad Sadiq, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- Swain, Dindayal, International Management Institute, Bhubaneswar, India
- Torres, Olivier, University of Montpellier III Paul Valéry, France
- Truant, Elisa, University of Turin, Italy
- Zanni, Lorenzo, University of Siena, Italy
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs, research notes and case studies are not published in this journal.
- All articles must be written in English, using UK spelling and terminology. If English is not your first language, please ask an English-speaking colleague to proofread your article.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find moreinformation on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Entrepreneurs and COVID-19
9 February, 2022
Research in the World Review of Entrepreneurship, Management and Sustainable Development has investigated the effects on the COVID-19 pandemic on entrepreneurialism and gender differences in the propensity of business people to start a new venture during this period. The COVID-19 pandemic is both health and social crisis, financial disruptor, and unpredictable disaster that has affected us all and in the current context, the entire global economy. Now, Dafna Kariv of the Adelson School of Entrepreneurship at Reichman University (IDC) in Herzliya, Israel, Rico J. Baldegger of the School of Management Fribourg (HEG-FR) at the University of Applied Sciences and Arts Western Switzerland (HES-SO) in Fribourg, Switzerland, and Gavriela Kashy-Rosenbaum of the Multidisciplinary Department of Social Sciences at Ashkelon Academic College in Kfar-Hanagid, Israel, explain that the pandemic took entrepreneurs by surprise. Moreover, the shock affects women entrepreneurs, they add, to a greater degree [...]More details...