International Journal of Materials and Structural Integrity
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. M.A. Dorgham
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.7 (2021)
IJMSI provides multidisciplinary approaches, either empirical or theoretical, to the study of materials and structural integrity. Its goals are to promote cross-fertilization of ideas between all the scientific disciplines having to deal with their own materials and structural integrity, including engineering, bionics, physics and chemistry. The journal encourages submission of new fundamental and interdisciplinary contributions on materials and structural integrity.
Topics covered include
- Advanced materials for structural integrity
- Advanced design theory and CAD for structural integrity
- Advanced manufacturing technology and CAM for structural integrity
- Physical mechanisms for structural integrity
- Bionic mechanisms for structural integrity
- Chemical mechanisms for structural integrity
- Vibration, impact and various environment protection techniques for structural integrity
- Experiments about structural systems or materials
- Electronic packaging technology and materials
- MEMS and nanotechnology
The objectives of IJMSI are to establish an effective channel of communication between academic, engineering and research institutions. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the field of materials and structural integrity. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating scientific and technological change and changes in the global economy.
IJMSI provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in the field of scientific research, engineering and technology, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work
IJMSI publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in materials and structural integrity will occasionally be published
IJMSI is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Chemical Abstracts (CAS)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJMSI is listed in:
- Agenzia Nazionale di Valutazione del sistema Universitario e della Ricerca (ANVUR)
- UGC (University Grants Commission)
Editor in Chief
- Dorgham, M.A., International Centre for Technology and Management, UK
Associate Editor in Chief
- Ping, Yang, Jiangsu University, China
Regional Editor America
- Basaran, Cemal, State University of New York at Buffalo, USA
Regional Editor Asia
- Gowri, S., Anna University, India
Regional Editor Europe
- Schlarb, Alois K., Technische Universität Kaiserslautern, Germany
Editorial Board Members
- Agarwal, J, University of Bristol, UK
- Ahmad, M.M., University of Teeside, UK
- Al-Qadi, , University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, USA
- Bachschmid, N., Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Banks, W. M., University of Strathclyde Department of Mechanical Engineering, UK
- Basu, Biswajit, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Benson, David J., University of California, San Diego, USA
- Bergholz, Werner, Jacobs University Bremen, Germany
- Charalambides, Maria, Imperial College, UK
- Chen, Daolun, Ryerson University, Canada
- German, Randall M., Mississippi State University, USA
- Goddard, William A., California Institute of Technology, USA
- Ho, Paul S., The University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Hukins, David W.L., Imperial College, France
- Kawatra, S. K., Michigan Technological University, USA
- Kishi, Teruo, National Institute for Materials Science, Japan
- Krstic, Vojislav, Trinity College Dublin, Ireland
- Madou, Marc, University of California, Irvine, USA
- Mang, H.A., Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Marsden, Barry J, University of Manchester, UK
- Rao, K Venkat, Research Leader, Engineering Material Physics, Sweden
- Sisson, Jr., Richard D., Worcester Polytechnic Institute, USA
- Wevers, Martine, K.U. Leuven, Belgium
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.