Journal for International Business and Entrepreneurship Development
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Zafar U. Ahmed
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- Clarivate Analytics 2022 JCI 0.15
- CiteScore 1.9 (2021)
JIBED addresses the advancement of contemporary research in areas of international business and entrepreneurship. It covers the practice and theory of international business, international entrepreneurship and international franchising, highlighting developing countries attempting to assert themselves on the global stage. JIBED welcomes papers encompassing different areas of international business studies, such as marketing, management, organisational behaviour, finance, accounting, MIS, economics, and different dimensions of international entrepreneurship, such as venture capital formation, franchising, small business management, family business management, and technopreneurship.
Topics covered include
- International business/entrepreneurship, macro/microeconomics
- Corporate entrepreneurship, entrepreneurial support organisations
- Entrepreneurship in the arts, international tourism/hospitality/healthcare management
- Family business, international/individual/regional/minority/female entrepreneurship
- Small business development, technopreneurship, transition economies, exporting
- Venture capital, hedge fund convergence, distressed investing
- Large cap buyouts, small cap private equity, mid-market private equity
- Telecommunications/software/healthcare venture capital
- Real estate/regional/global private equity, growth equity investing, FDI
- International business/entrepreneurship education, strategic/information management
- International political economy/ economic development/accounting/finance/taxation
- International market entry/HRM/strategic alliances/networks/mergers & acquisitions
- Cross-cultural management, supply chain management, e-commerce
- International commercial law, nonprofit organisations, ethics/social responsibility
- International trade, marketing, consumer behaviour, industrial/B2B marketing
The objectives of JIBED are to provide a global platform to facilitate communication between policy makers, government officials, academics, scholars, consultants, professionals working for multinational corporations, international civil servants and entrepreneurs. JIBED wishes to provide a global platform to overcome cultural, national, ethnic, religious, economic and political boundaries and to meet the needs of accelerated economic and social change occurring in a variety of countries participating in the global economy.
JIBED provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, scholars, policy makers, entrepreneurs, consultants, and international civil servants working in the field of international business and international entrepreneurship to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
JIBED publishes original papers, review papers, dissertation abstracts, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special issues devoted to important topics in international business and its interface with international entrepreneurship will be published from time to time.
JIBED is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
JIBED is listed in:
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
Editor in Chief
- Ahmed, Zafar U., KIMEP University, Kazakhstan
- Dana, Leo Paul, Montpellier Business School, France
- Dhir, Sanjay, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
- Khatibi, Abdol Ali, Management and Science University, Malaysia
- Ongsakul, Viput, National Institute of Development Administration, Thailand
- Rufaidah, Popy, Padjadjaran University, Indonesia
- Genç, Ömer Faruk, Youngstown State University, USA
- Al-Kwifi, Osama Sam, Qatar University, Qatar
- Dewani, Prem Prakash, Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, India
- Faroque, Anisur R., Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology (LUT), Finland
Editorial Board Members
- Al-Ghamdi, Salem Matar Saeed, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- Al-Shammari, Minwir, University of Bahrain, Bahrain
- Althawadi, Othman, Qatar University, Qatar
- Anuar, Marhana Mohamed, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, Malaysia
- Arain, Ghulam Ali, United Arab Emirates University, United Arab Emirates
- Becker, Kip, Boston University, USA
- Beldona, Sri, University of Dallas, USA
- Benabess, Najiba, Elizabethtown College, USA
- Butt, Atif Saleem, American University of Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
- Capar, Nejat, KIMEP University, Kazakhstan
- Chaney, Rick, University of Maryland Global Campus, Germany
- Elfakhani, Said, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Elkrghli, Sabri, University of Benghazi, Libya
- Falahat, Mohammad, Universiti Tunku Abdul Rahman, Malaysia
- Farha, Allam K. Abu, Qatar University, Qatar
- Frankwick, Gary L., University of Texas at El Paso, USA
- Gebremariam, Haileslasie Tadele, American University of Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
- Grosse, Robert, Arizona State University, USA
- Gupta, Vishal, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, India
- Hinck, Wolfgang, American University of Iraq Soleimani, Iraq
- Husain, Zafar, Al Ain University, United Arab Emirates
- Ibrahim, Abdul Razak Bin, Univeristi Melaka, Malaysia
- Ibrahim, Daing Nasir, Universiti Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia
- Ishfaq, Mohammad, King Abdul Aziz University, Saudi Arabia
- Islam, Anisul M., University of Houston-Downtown, USA
- Islam, Rafikul, International Islamic University Malaysia, Malaysia
- Johnson, James P., Rollins College, USA
- Josiam, Bharath M., University of North Texas, USA
- Koku, Paul Sergius, Florida Atlantic University, USA
- Ladki, Said M., Lebanese American University, Lebanon
- Lagat, Charles K., MOI University, Kenya
- Lascu, Dana-Nicoleta, University of Richmond, USA
- Mohamad, Osman, Multimedia University, Malaysia
- Mohamed, Zainal Abidin, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
- Mostert, Pieter Gerhardus, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Mujtaba, Bahaudin G., Nova Southeastern University, USA
- Mukhtar, Syeda-Masooda, Chelsea Global, London, UK
- Parameswar, Nakul, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, India
- Rasheed, Abdul A., University of Texas at Arlington, USA
- Sagafi-nejad, Tagi, Loyola University Maryland, USA
- Sari, Mahrina, University of Lampung, Indonesia
- Seeley, Eugene L., Utah Valley University, USA
- Shaarani, Hani El, Beirut Arab University, Lebanon
- Sidani, Yusuf, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Sohail, Mohammad Sadiq, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- Talukdar, Asim, O.P. Jindal Global University, India
- Teagarden, Mary, Thunderbird School of Global Management, USA
- Teng, Jimmy, Yamanashi Gakuin University, Japan
- Tijjani, Bashir, Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University, Saudi Arabia
- Van Der Poll, Breggie, University of South Africa, South Africa
- Van Der Poll, John Andrew, University of South Africa, South Africa
- Varadarajan, Rajan, Texas A&M University, USA
- Vrontis, Demetris, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Wright, Norman, Utah Valley University, USA
- Wysong, Scott, University of Dallas, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Spicing up the saffron industry
28 September, 2022
Saffron is the world's most expensive spice. It is made from the "threads" or styles of saffron crocus flowers and it takes half a million or so to produce just one kilogram of saffron. It is a delicate spice with uses in perfumery for its scent, cosmetics for its colour, and, of course, in many different cuisines, such as Indian and Arab, where it can add both gentle seasoning and delicate colour to food. Its history stretches back thousands of years perhaps to Central Asia where wild forms of the saffron crocus would have been known to ancient people. Saffron remains a desirable culinary commodity and in modern-day India, almost 6000 hectares are dedicated to growing the crocus for its threads. Most of that land lies in Kashmir with Pompore at its heart and well known as the hub of the country's saffron industry, an industry that produces 5 tonnes of the spice annually. This represents a not insignificant proportion of the world production of 300 tonnes, although Iran dominates with 90 percent of world production. Writing in the Journal of International Business and Entrepreneurship Development, a team from India has explored how the saffron industry in Kashmir might be reinvigorated and perhaps take a larger share of the global market. Asifat Shafi and Parvez Ahmad Mir of the Islamic University of Science and Technology in Kashmir point out that saffron from their region is highly regarded [...]More details...
Sex sells, but...
11 October, 2022
A common trope in marketing and advertising is to use sex appeal in its many guises to imply that a product or service has some association with sexual pleasure. Research in the Journal of International Business and Entrepreneurship Development has looked at the secondary effects of sex appeal used in advertising on adolescents exposed to such marketing materials. Karnika Bains and Prem Prakash Dewani of the Indian Institute of Management in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India, have specifically focused on a purported association between sexualized advertising and the development of aggression and sexual aggression in adolescents exposed to such advertising. Their findings suggest that repeated exposure to certain kinds of sexualized advertising desensitizes adolescents to the nuances of sexuality and to some degree dehumanizes sexuality. They also found that demeaning portrayals of sexuality in advertising can foster inappropriate attitudes and behaviour [...]More details...
Is football coming home?
15 November, 2022
A new study in the Journal of International Business and Entrepreneurship Development aims to identify in detail the various stakeholders in the world of professional football. George Yiapanas, Alkis Thrassou, and Demetris Vrontis of the School of Business at the University of Nicosia in Nicosia, Cyprus, have looked at the growth of this "industry" and its impact on business and society. The team explains how football clubs operate in a dynamic multi-level setting with a wide range of stakeholders that are often demarcated simplistically but in reality represent a granular and very diverse group. Indeed, the ever-shifting relationships between a football club and those stakeholders is very much the heart of the dynamic [...]More details...