International Journal of Sustainable Aviation
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. T. Hikmet Karakoc
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJSA handles a broad range of aviation-related issues with particular emphasis on environmental problems associated with sustainability. Aviation is cited as one of the major sources of noise and air pollution and considered a prominent cause of global warming. Future trends in aviation could constitute a major impediment to having sustainable development in economic, social and environmental perspectives. Sustainable aviation is a long term strategy aiming to offer innovative solutions to the challenges facing the aviation industry.
Topics covered include
- Sustainable aviation; green aircraft and airlines
- Environmental impacts: emissions/noise, global warming/climate change
- Renewable energy sources; alternative/green aviation fuels
- Propulsion technologies for aerospace vehicles
- Combustion instabilities, innovative combustion technologies
- Energy, exergy, performance analysis; flight and fluid mechanics
- Energy recovery systems, alternative/renewable/clean energy technologies
- Mathematical modelling, numerical/experimental methods, optimisation
- Materials, measurement techniques and sensors
- Life cycle design and life cycle assessment; cost efficiency; waste/recycling
- Aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; airworthiness, reliability/safety
- Sustainable aircraft design, technological change, innovation, research and development
- Strategic planning, governmental legislation, policy-making
- Aviation management, fleet planning/scheduling; air traffic management; future air transport
- Airport design, management, planning, development
The aviation industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. It can be viewed as making a positive contribution to sustainability. IJSA, a peer-reviewed, international, multi-disciplinary journal, aims to address current issues in the field of aviation such as improving aircraft fuel efficiency, fostering use of biofuels, minimising environmental impact, mitigating GHG emissions and reducing of engine and airframe noise.
IJSA aims to bring solutions to all the major sectors of the aviation industry in terms of sustainability. To that end, it is of interest to the active and creative community of researchers, educators and practitioners not only in mainstream engineering (e.g., aeronautical, mechanical, civil, chemical, environmental, and industrial) but also in physics, biology, economics and management.
IJSA publishes original research papers, review papers, viewpoint articles, book reviews and technical notes. Special issues are devoted to important topics in the area and guest edited by key figures in the area.
IJSA is indexed in:
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Clarivate Analytics)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Google Scholar
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- TRID [Transportation Research Information Services + ITRD] (Transportation Research Board)
IJSA is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Karakoc, T. Hikmet, Eskisehir Technical University, Turkey
- Kale, Utku, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Sziroczak, David, Budapest University of Technology and Economics, Hungary
- Talib, Abd. Rahim Bin Abu, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
- Teekaraman, Yuvaraja, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
- Yilmaz, Nadir, Howard University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Agarwal, Ramesh K., Washington University in St. Louis, USA
- Ahmadi, Pouria, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), USA
- Boichenko, Sergii, National Aviation University, Ukraine
- Clark, Patti J., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University – Worldwide, USA
- Dupoirieux, Francis, ONERA, France
- Efthymiou, Marina, Dublin City University, Ireland
- Fasone, Vincenzo, Kore University of Enna, Italy
- Hajiyev, Chingiz, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
- Hepbasli, Arif, Yasar University, Turkey
- Jagadeesh, Gopalan, Indian Institute of Science, India
- Kourousis, Kyriakos I., University of Limerick, Ireland
- Lin, Borong, Tsinghua University, China
- Mohd-Jaafar, Mohammad Nazri, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Olsen, John, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Peković, Ognjen, University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Platzer, M. F., AeroHydro Research & Technology Associates, USA
- Rajamani, Ravi, drR2 consulting , USA
- Rao, K. Deergha, Osmania University, India
- Rashidi, Mohammad Mehdi, University of Birmingham, UK
- Sabatini, Roberto, Khalifa University, United Arab Emirates
- Scarponi, Claudio, Università degli Studi di Roma "La Sapienza", Italy
- Somov, Yevgeny, Samara State Technical University, Russian Federation
- Stamoulis, Konstantinos, Amsterdam University of Applied Sciences, Netherlands
- Zaporozhets, Oleksander, Institute of Aviation, Poland
- Zingg, David W., University of Toronto, Canada
- Cinoğlu, Bahadır, International Sustainable Aviation and Energy Research Society, Turkey
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.