- Sustainable aviation; green aircraft and airlines
- Environmental impacts: emissions/noise, global warming/climate change
- Renewable energy sources; alternative/green aviation fuels
- Propulsion technologies for aerospace vehicles
- Combustion instabilities, innovative combustion technologies
- Energy, exergy, performance analysis; flight and fluid mechanics
- Energy recovery systems, alternative/renewable/clean energy technologies
- Mathematical modelling, numerical/experimental methods, optimisation
- Materials, measurement techniques and sensors
- Life cycle design and life cycle assessment; cost efficiency; waste/recycling
- Aircraft maintenance, repair and overhaul; airworthiness, reliability/safety
- Sustainable aircraft design, technological change, innovation, research and development
- Strategic planning, governmental legislation, policy-making
- Aviation management, fleet planning/scheduling; air traffic management; future air transport
- Airport design, management, planning, development
More on this journal...
The aviation industry is one of the fastest growing industries in the world. It can be viewed as making a positive contribution to sustainability. IJSA, a peer-reviewed, international, multi-disciplinary journal, aims to address current issues in the field of aviation such as improving aircraft fuel efficiency, fostering use of biofuels, minimising environmental impact, mitigating GHG emissions and reducing of engine and airframe noise.Readership
IJSA aims to bring solutions to all the major sectors of the aviation industry in terms of sustainability. To that end, it is of interest to the active and creative community of researchers, educators and practitioners not only in mainstream engineering (e.g., aeronautical, mechanical, civil, chemical, environmental, and industrial) but also in physics, biology, economics and management.Contents
IJSA publishes original research papers, review papers, viewpoint articles, book reviews and technical notes. Special issues are devoted to important topics in the area and guest edited by key figures in the area.
More on permissions
IJSA is indexed in:
IJSA is listed in:
This journal is yet to be included in any lists or directories.
Editor in Chief
- Karakoc, T. Hikmet, Anadolu University, Turkey
- Altuntas, Onder, Anadolu University, Turkey
- Sabatini, Roberto, RMIT University, Australia
Editorial Board Members
- Agarwal, Ramesh K., Washington University in St. Louis, USA
- Cavcar, Mustafa, Anadolu University, Turkey
- Clark, Patti J., Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University Worldwide, USA
- Dupoirieux, Francis, ONERA, France
- Efthymiou, Marina, Dublin City University, Ireland
- Fasone, Vincenzo, Kore University of Enna, Italy
- Hajiyev, Chingiz, Istanbul Technical University, Turkey
- Hepbasli, Arif, Yasar University, Turkey
- Jagadeesh, Gopalan, Indian Institute of Science, India
- Kourousis, Kyriakos I., University of Limerick, Ireland
- Lin, Borong, Tsinghua University, China
- Mohd-Jaafar, Mohammad Nazri, Universiti Teknologi Malaysia, Malaysia
- Platzer, M. F., Naval Postgraduate School, USA
- Rao, K. Deergha, Osmania University, India
- Rashidi, Mohammad Mehdi, University of Birmingham, UK
- Somov, Yevgeny, Samara State Technical University, Russian Federation
- Turan, Onder, Anadolu University, Turkey
- Zaporozhets, Oleksander, National Aviation University, Ukraine
- Zingg, David W., University of Toronto, Canada
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our preparing and submitting articles page.