- Embedded system architecture
- Embedded software
- Embedded hardware
- Application-specific processors/devices
- Real-time systems
- Hardware/software co-design
- Testing techniques
- Industrial practices, benchmark suites
- Emerging technologies/applications/principles
Embedded System Architecture:
- Heterogeneous multiprocessors, reconfigurable platforms, memory management support, communication, protocols, network-on-chip, real-time systems, and embedded microcontrollers, etc.
- Compilers, assemblers and cross-assemblers, programming, memory management, object-oriented aspects, virtual machines, scheduling, concurrent software for SoCs, distributed/resource aware OS, OS and middleware support, etc.
Application-specific Processors and Devices:
- System-on-a-chip, DSPs, hardware specification, synthesis, modelling, simulation and analysis at all levels for low power, power-aware, testable, reliable, verifiable systems, performance modelling, validation, security issues, real-time behaviour, and safety critical systems, etc.
- Network processors, real-time processor, media and signal processors, application-specific hardware accelerators, reconfigurable processors, low power embedded processors, bio/fluidic processors, bluetooth, handheld devices, flash memory chips, etc.
- All real-time related aspects such as software, parallel and distributed real-time systems, real-time kernels, real-time OS, task scheduling, multitasking design, etc.
- Methodologies, test and debug strategies, real-time systems, interaction between architecture and software design, specification and modelling, design representation, synthesis, partitioning, estimation, design space exploration beyond traditional hardware/software boundary, theory and algorithms, etc.
Industrial Practices and Benchmark Suites:
- All aspects of testing, including design-for-test, test synthesis, built-in self-test, and embedded test, for embedded and system-on-a-chip systems.
Embedded System Education:
- System design, processor design, software, tools, case studies, trends, emerging technologies, experience maintaining benchmark suites, representation, interchange format, copyrights, maintenance, reference implementations, and metrics, etc.
Emerging New Topics:
- Courses, textbooks, teaching tools and methods.
- New challenges for next generation embedded computing systems, arising from new technologies (e.g., nanotechnology), new applications (e.g., pervasive or ubiquitous computing, embedded internet tools), new principle (e.g., embedded engineering), etc.
More on this journal...
The objective of IJES is to provide a vehicle for academics, industrial professionals, educators and policy makers working in the field to contribute and disseminate innovative and important new work on embedded systems.
Scientists, engineers, researchers, graduate students, educators, managers and industrial professionals.
IJES is a refereed international journal providing an international forum to report, discuss and exchange experimental or theoretical results, novel designs, work-in-progress, experience, case studies, and trend-setting ideas. Papers should be of a quality that represents the latest advances in embedded systems in time-to-market, cost, code size, weight, testability, power, real-time behaviour, and stimulating future trends.
IJES is indexed in:
IJES is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Li, Kuan-Ching, Providence University, Taiwan
- Cohen, Albert, INRIA, France
- Zhou, Qingguo, Lanzhou University, China
- Cheng, Albert M.K., University of Houston, USA
- Fowler, Scott, Linköping University, Sweden
- Lin, Man, St. Francis Xavier University, Canada
Regional Editors Asia
- Guo, Minyi, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
- Wu, Zhaohui, Zhejiang University, China
Regional Editor Europe
- Chen, Jian-Jia, Karlsruher Institut für Technologie KIT, Germany
Regional Editor North America
- Jiang, Hai, Arkansas State University, USA
Regional Editor Oceania
- Xue, Jingling, University of New South Wales, Australia
- Chapman, Barbara, University of Houston, USA
- Gaudiot, Jean-Luc, University of California – Irvine, USA
- Lee, Jenq-Kuen, National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Prasanna, Viktor K., University of Southern California, USA
- Wang, Cho-Li, The University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong
- Zima, Hans, California Institute of Technology, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Arabnia, Hamid R., University of Georgia, USA
- Ben Abdallah, Abderazek, University of Aizu, Japan
- Bertogna, Marko, University of Modena, Italy
- Chen, Wen Zhi, Zhejiang University, China
- Chen, Xiaofeng, Xidian University, China
- Dobre, Ciprian, University Politehnica of Bucharest, Romania
- Dong, Mianxiong, National Institute of Information and Communications Technology, Japan
- Giorgi, Roberto, Università degli Studi di Siena, Italy
- Hsiung, Pao-Ann, National Chung Cheng University, Taiwan
- Huang, Kuo-Chang, National Taichung University, Taiwan
- Jerraya, Ahmed, Centre de Recherche Intégrative (CRI) and Commissariat à l’énergie atomique et aux énergies alternatives (CEA), France
- Ji, Changpeng, Liaoning Technical University, China
- John, Lizy Kurian, University of Texas at Austin, USA
- Ju, Roy, MediaTek, USA
- Liao, Shih-Wei, National Taiwan University, Taiwan
- Li, Haohan, Mathworks, USA
- Li, Jiang, Institute of China Electronics Technology Group, China
- Liu, Chen, Clarkson University, USA
- Lo Bello, Lucia, University of Catania, Italy
- Manimaran, Govindarasu, Iowa State University, USA
- Marino, Mario Donato, Italy
- Marques, Eduardo, University of São Paulo, Brazil
- Morón, Célio Estevan, Universidade Federal de São Carlos - UFSCar, Brazil
- Mosse, Daniel, University of Pittsburgh, USA
- Ota, Kaoru, Muroran Insitute of Technology, Japan
- Peng, Jian, Sichuan University, China
- Rui, Zhou, Lanzhou University, China
- Sato, Liria Matsumoto, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- Shen, Jun, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Wang, Chien-Min, Academia Sinica, Taiwan
- Wang, Guojun, Central South University, China
- Wang, Wenwu, Institute of Microelectronics, China
- Xie, Liang, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China
- Zheng, Lingxiang, Xiamen University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (taken to mean more than 50%) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles are refereed through a double-blind process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors is available.
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
Read our Submitting articles page.