| Editor in Chief: Prof. Angappa Gunasekaran |
ISSN online: 1744-6643
ISSN print: 1744-6635
4 issues per year
Efficient integration of mathematical techniques and marketing intelligence is of crucial importance for a successful business forecasting process. IJBFMI, a fully refereed journal, publishes articles that link current practice and theory in the business forecasting field. This includes new forecasting domains (e.g. rule-based forecasting, fuzzy logic forecasting, spline regression forecasting, etc.) and the growing area of business/marketing intelligence involving environmental scanning, “brain" monitoring, innovative intelligence methodologies, coopetition, strategic decision support systems, etc.
- Business forecasting process, principles and competitions
- Time series forecasting methods
- Marketing intelligence
- Judgmental and new products forecasting
- Forecasting for the supply chain and in business
- Biases of the forecasting manager
- Seasonal and weather adjustments
- Adjusting for special events (promotions, strikes)
- Financial and budget forecasting
- Marketing forecasting, forecasting software, e-forecasting
More on this journal...
IJBFMI aims to further the development of the field of business forecasting and marketing intelligence as well as related disciplines. A particular goal is to connect the research done by academics and professionals via publishing successful business forecasting case studies. IJBFMI focuses on professionals working in the field and as to how they integrate state-of-the art forecasting techniques and marketing intelligence. One of the key objectives of IJBFMI is also the efficient design, development and use of Forecasting Support Systems.Readership
Professionals, practitioners, academics, researchers and managers in the field of business and industrial forecasting.Contents
IJBFMI publishes original and review papers, theory-based empirical papers, case studies with profound implications for theory, outstanding paradigms of successful applied business forecasting, conference reports, relevant business forecasting and marketing intelligence reports, book reviews, commentaries and research notes. Special issues devoted to important topics in business forecasting and marketing intelligence, and related topics, will be published occasionally. Contribution may be by submission or invitation.
More on permissions
IJBFMI is indexed in:
IJBFMI is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, California State University, Bakersfield, USA
- Islam, Mazhar M., Florida A&M University, USA
- Mujtaba, Bahaudin G., Nova Southeastern University, USA
- Senapati, Manas Ranjan, Centurion University of Technology and Management, India
Editorial Board Members
- Al-Mubaraki, Hanadi Mubarak, Kuwait University, Kuwait
- Andaleeb, Syed Saad, Penn State Erie, The Behrend College, USA
- Andreaopoulos, Giuliana C., William Paterson University, USA
- Attia, Ashraf M., State University of New York at Oswego, USA
- Bin Ismail, Abdul Ghafar, National University of Malaysia, Malaysia
- Daim, Tugrul U., Portland State University, USA
- Etienne, Eisenhower, Florida A&M University, USA
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat, Drexel University, USA
- Harahap, Sofyan S., Trisakti University, Indonesia
- Huuhka, Ari, University of Vaasa, Finland
- Jamal, Ahmad, Cardiff University, UK
- Jha, Vindhu Shekhar, International Management Institute, India
- Kabir, Muhammed, University of New Brunswick, Canada
- Karunaratne, Neil Dias, University of Queensland, Australia
- Lee, Jungki, Korea University, USA
- Ng, Alex, University of Northern British Columbia, Canada
- Nwakanma, Hudson, Florida A & M University, USA
- Rinehart, Shelley M., Department of Energy, Canada
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on
All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.