Journal for Global Business Advancement
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Zafar U. Ahmed
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
JGBA aims to advance contemporary research in the field of global business from the standpoint of both western and emerging countries vigorously participating in the globalised world. It wishes to act as a global platform for the pursuance of dialogue between different countries at dissimilar stages of economic development. JGBA intends to inspire both new and expert researchers to submit their empirical, conceptual and applied papers and case studies for publication.
Topics covered include
- Political economy, trade, economic development, finance, macro/microeconomics
- Real estate, banking, accounting, taxation, commercial law
- Exporting and market entry, FDI, strategic alliances/networks, M&As
- Global brands from developing countries, global outsourcing
- Business education/training, HRM
- Tourism/hospitality, cross-cultural/supply chain management
- Technologies and e-commerce
- Marketing research, consumer behaviour
- Industrial, B2B, relationship marketing
- Small business development, nonprofit organisations
- Transition economies, globalisation, regionalisation
- Environmental marketing, ethics, social responsibility
- Strategic/healthcare/information management
- NAFTA, APEC, ASEAN, MERCOSUR, CARICOM, GCG, SAARC, Andean Pact, EU
- Religion, terrorism, war and business
The objectives of JGBA are to provide a global platform to facilitate communication between policy makers, government officials, academics, scholars, consultants, professionals working for multinational corporations, international civil servants, and entrepreneurs. JGBA wishes to provide a global platform to overcome cultural, national, ethnic, religious, economic barriers, and political boundaries, and meet the needs of accelerated economic and social change occurring in variety of countries participating in the global economy.
JGBA provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, scholars, policy makers, entrepreneurs, consultants, and international civil servants working in the field of global business to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
JGBA publishes original papers, review papers, dissertation abstracts, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special issues devoted to important topics in Global Business will be published time to time.
JGBA is indexed in:More indexes...
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
JGBA is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Ahmed, Zafar U., Academy for Global Business Advancement, USA
- Frankwick, Gary L., University of Texas at El Paso, USA
- Dhir, Sanjay, Indian Institute of Technology Delhi, India
- Marquette, Christopher J., Millikin University, USA
- Grosse, Robert, Arizona State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Abdullah, Haim Hilman Bin, University of Utara Malaysia, Malaysia
- Agrawal, Vikas, Jacksonville University, USA
- Al-Kwifi, Osama Sam, Qatar University, Qatar
- Al-Shammari, Minwir, University of Bahrain, Bahrain
- Anuar, Marhana Mohamed, Universiti Malaysia Terengganu, Malaysia
- Anwar, Syed Aziz, Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University, United Arab Emirates
- Azizan, Noor Azlinna, Prince Sultan University, Saudi Arabia
- Bahl, Angelica, Metropolitan State University of Denver, USA
- Becker, Kip, Boston University, USA
- Beldona, Sri, University of Dallas, USA
- Benabess, Najiba, Millikin University, USA
- Cobanoglu, Cihan, University of South Florida, USA
- Dutta, Devkamal, University of New Hampshire, USA
- Farha, Allam K. Abu, Qatar University, Qatar
- Gaur, Sonjaya S., Sunway University, Malaysia
- Gautam, Dhruba Kumar, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- Genç, Ömer Faruk, Youngstown State University, USA
- He, Xiaohong, Quinnipiac University, USA
- Humphreys, John H., Texas A&M University at Commerce, USA
- Husain, Zafar, Al-Ain University of Science and Technology, United Arab Emirates
- Ibrahim, Daing Nasir, University of Malaysia Pahang, Saudi Arabia
- Islam, K. M. Baharul, Indian Institute of Management Kashipur, India
- Islam, Rafikul, International Islamic University Malaysia, Malaysia
- Johnson, James P., Rollins College, USA
- Josiam, Bharath M., University of North Texas, USA
- Julian, Craig C., American University of Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
- Kassim, Norizan, University of Nizwa, Oman
- Khoa, Tran Tien, Vietnam National University Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Koku, Paul Sergius, Florida Atlantic University, USA
- Lagat, Charles K., MOI University, Kenya
- Lascu, Dana-Nicoleta, University of Richmond, USA
- Maamari, Bassem, Grenoble School of Management, France
- Mohamed, Mohd Zain, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Mohamed, Zainal Abidin, Universiti Sains Islam Malaysia (USIM), Malaysia
- Mujtaba, Bahaudin G., Nova Southeastern University, USA
- Munoz, J. Mark, Millikin University, USA
- Natarajan, Vivek S., Lamar University, USA
- Nguyen, Phuong V., Vietnam National University, Vietnam
- Ongsakul, Viput, National Institute of Development Administration, Thailand
- Raj, Sahil, Punjabi University, India
- Rasheed, Abdul A., University Texas at Arlington, USA
- Sagafi-nejad, Tagi, Loyola University Maryland, USA
- Schneider, Beth Z., Queens University of Charlotte, USA
- Seeley, Eugene L., Utah Valley University, USA
- Sharma, Dheeraj P., Indian Institute of Management Rohtak, India
- Teagarden, Mary, Thunderbird School of Global Management, USA
- Teng, Jimmy, American University of Ras Al Khaimah, United Arab Emirates
- Tian, Xiaowen, Murdoch University, Australia
- Uppal, Nishant, Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, India
- Varadarajan, Rajan, Texas A&M University, USA
- Vrontis, Demetris, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Wright, Norman, Utah Valley University, USA
- Xu, Zhenning (Jimmy), University of Southern Maine, USA
- Yazdifar, Hassan, University of Salford, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Indian startups on Twitter
6 June, 2019
The microblogging platform, Twitter, is almost ubiquitous. Members of the public, citizen journalists use it, so too do business leaders, charities, scientists, authors, writers, politicians, even presidents. But, are companies making the most of it? Writing in the Journal of Global Business Advancement, a team from India has analysed 25 startups and the twitter use of their Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) there to answer that question [...]More details...
Waste management in developing cities
22 August, 2019
Waste is a big problem. It affects our environment, society, and the economy, as well as human health. Saurabh Srivastava and Divya Singh of the Jamwal School of Business at Shri Mata Vaishno Devi University, in Katra, India, have carried out an exploratory survey of more than 800 households to see what level of awareness exists and how the inhabitants of those homes deal with the disposal of their solid waste. They analysed the results with the appropriate statistical tools and techniques [...]More details...