Journal for Global Business Advancement
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Zafar U. Ahmed
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 6 issues per year
- CiteScore 1.8 (2022)
JGBA aims to advance contemporary research in the field of global business from the standpoint of both western and emerging countries vigorously participating in the globalised world. It wishes to act as a global platform for the pursuance of dialogue between different countries at dissimilar stages of economic development. JGBA intends to inspire both new and expert researchers to submit their empirical, conceptual and applied papers and case studies for publication.
Topics covered include
- Political economy, trade, economic development, finance, macro/microeconomics
- Real estate, banking, accounting, taxation, commercial law
- Exporting and market entry, FDI, strategic alliances/networks, M&As
- Global brands from developing countries, global outsourcing
- Business education/training, HRM
- Tourism/hospitality, cross-cultural/supply chain management
- Technologies and e-commerce
- Marketing research, consumer behaviour
- Industrial, B2B, relationship marketing
- Small business development, nonprofit organisations
- Transition economies, globalisation, regionalisation
- Environmental marketing, ethics, social responsibility
- Strategic/healthcare/information management
- NAFTA, APEC, ASEAN, MERCOSUR, CARICOM, GCG, SAARC, Andean Pact, EU
- Religion, terrorism, war and business
The objectives of JGBA are to provide a global platform to facilitate communication between policy makers, government officials, academics, scholars, consultants, professionals working for multinational corporations, international civil servants, and entrepreneurs. JGBA wishes to provide a global platform to overcome cultural, national, ethnic, religious, economic barriers, and political boundaries, and meet the needs of accelerated economic and social change occurring in variety of countries participating in the global economy.
JGBA provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, scholars, policy makers, entrepreneurs, consultants, and international civil servants working in the field of global business to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
JGBA publishes original papers, review papers, dissertation abstracts, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special issues devoted to important topics in Global Business will be published time to time.
JGBA is indexed in:More indexes...
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
JGBA is listed in:
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
Editor in Chief
- Ahmed, Zafar U., Academy for Global Business Advancement, USA
- Marquette, Christopher J., Millikin University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Abdel-Zaher, Dina, University of Houston Clear Lake, USA
- Al-Fazari, Hamdan Sulaiman, Sohar University, Oman
- Al-Ghamdi, Salem Matar Saeed, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- Al-Kwifi, Osama Sam, Qatar University, Qatar
- Al-Shammari, Minwir, University of Bahrain, Bahrain
- Almashayekhi, Abdullah, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- Althawadi, Othman, Qatar University, Qatar
- Becker, Kip, Boston University, USA
- Beldona, Sri, University of Dallas, USA
- Benabess, Najiba, Elizabethtown College, USA
- Capar, Nejat, KIMEP University, Kazakhstan
- Chaney, Rick, University of Maryland Global Campus, Germany
- Dana, Leo Paul, Dalhousie University, Canada
- Dewani, Prem Prakash, Indian Institute of Management Lucknow, India
- Elfakhani, Said, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Elkrghli, Sabri, University of Benghazi, Libya
- Farha, Allam K. Abu, Qatar University, Qatar
- Faroque, Anisur R., University of Vaasa, Finland
- Flores, Felix A., Metropolitan State University of Denver, USA
- Frankwick, Gary L., University of Texas at El Paso, USA
- Galy, Edith A., University of Texas Rio Grande Valley, USA
- Gautam, Dhruba Kumar, Tribhuvan University, Nepal
- Genç, Ömer Faruk, Youngstown State University, USA
- Genc, Omer F., Youngstown State University, USA
- Grosse, Robert, Arizona State University, USA
- Han, Seung Hun, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, South Korea
- Hinck, Wolfgang, American University of Iraq Soleimani, Iraq
- Ibrahim, Abdul Razak Bin, Univeristi Melaka, Malaysia
- Ibrahim, Daing Nasir, Universiti Malaysia Pahang, Malaysia
- Islam, Anisul M., University of Houston-Downtown, USA
- Islam, Rafikul, International Islamic University Malaysia, Malaysia
- Itani, Maher, Ajman University, United Arab Emirates
- Johnson, James P., Rollins College, USA
- Koku, Paul Sergius, Florida Atlantic University, USA
- Ladki, Said M., Lebanese American University, Lebanon
- Lagat, Charles K., MOI University, Kenya
- Lascu, Dana-Nicoleta, University of Richmond, USA
- Lassleben, Hermann, Reutlingen University, Germany
- Mehanna, Rock-Antoine, Hamdan Bin Mohammed Smart University, United Arab Emirates
- Mohamed, Zainal Abidin, Universiti Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
- Mostert, Pieter Gerhardus, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Mujtaba, Bahaudin G., Nova Southeastern University, USA
- Munoz, J. Mark, Millikin University, USA
- Parameswar, Nakul, Indian Institute of Technology Hyderabad, India
- Rasheed, Abdul A., University of Texas at Arlington, USA
- Rufaidah, Popy, Padjadjaran University, Indonesia
- Sagafi-nejad, Tagi, Loyola University Maryland, USA
- Seeley, Eugene L., Utah Valley University, USA
- Sharma, Dheeraj P., Indian Institute of Management Rohtak, India
- Sidani, Yusuf, American University of Beirut, Lebanon
- Sohail, Mohammad Sadiq, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Saudi Arabia
- Talukdar, Asim, O.P. Jindal Global University, India
- Teagarden, Mary, Thunderbird School of Global Management, USA
- Tijjani, Bashir, Imam Abdulrahman Bin Faisal University, Saudi Arabia
- Tri, Ha Minh, Vietnam National University, Vietnam
- Van Der Poll, Breggie, University of South Africa, South Africa
- Van Der Poll, John Andrew, University of South Africa, South Africa
- Varadarajan, Rajan, Texas A&M University, USA
- Vrontis, Demetris, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Wright, Norman, Noorda College of Osteopathic Medicine, USA
- Wysong, Scott, University of Dallas, USA
- Yazdifar, Hassan, University of Derby, UK
- Zening, Song, Beijing Foreign Studies University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Three ingredients for cooking up entrepreneurial success
7 January, 2023
There are many factors that can contribute to the success of an entrepreneur and their enterprises. Most commonly, one might cite passion and drive as these are what helps turn ideas into reality. Entrepreneurs also need to be adaptable, not averse to taking risks, persistent, and creative. All such factors allow them to respond to changing market conditions, to innovate, and to make tough decisions in a timely manner. An entrepreneur must also have leadership and communication skills to allow them to direct a team to achieve a common goal and encourage financial backing and other kinds of support as needed from third parties. Often a strong work ethic is critical to entrepreneurial success, An entrepreneur that is not willing to put in the hard work and the long hours will rarely build a successful business. Writing in the Journal for Global Business Advancement, a team from Thailand has looked deeper into what makes for a successful entrepreneur, specifically in Northeast Thailand. The team analysed interviews with 350 successful entrepreneurs from the region using Atlas.ti software, frequency-weighted average scores (FWA), the Pareto method, and Venn diagrams. This allowed them to determine five important categories of characteristics that pointed to success [...]More details...