International Journal of Work Innovation
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Charbel Salloum
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
- CiteScore 0.3 (2022)
IJWI is a fully-refereed multi-disciplinary international journal dedicated to the study of work innovation. It proposes and fosters research and discussion on innovative work practices including new forms of work organisation (such as virtual teams, network organisations, teleworking, learning organisations, flexible and dispersed work, etc.) as well as the so-called innovative work practices and philosophy (such as knowledge management, teamwork, lean management, project-based work, outsourcing, etc.).
Topics covered include
- Managing new work practices and innovative workplaces
- Exploring the organisational and social implications of new ways of working
- Exploring the impacts of innovative work practices in terms of control and power
- Managing knowledge in new forms of work organisations
- Exploring the impacts of work innovation on environment, energy and transportation
- Enhancing distributed work through workplace design and ICTs
The objective of IJWI is to discuss and disseminate the implications of innovative work practices on individuals, organisations, businesses and societies. Also, contributions aiming at questioning the necessity of transforming current work practices take a front rank in IJWI; it is therefore the intention to produce knowledge simultaneously for and on work innovation management.
IJWI provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers working in the field of new working practices to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
Innovative work practices are discussed from a multidisciplinary perspective; this involves receptiveness to criticism. IJWI publishes original papers, essays and review papers, both theorical and empirical. It also welcomes critical work addressing social and societal issues related to these innovative work practices.
IJWI is indexed in:More indexes...
IJWI is listed in:
- National Agency for Evaluation of the University and Research System (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Taskin, Laurent, Université catholique de Louvain, France
Editor in Chief
- Salloum, Charbel, EM Normandie Business School, France
- Assudani, Rashmi H., Xavier University, USA
- Estrada, Martha Corrales, EGADE Business School, Mexico
- Igel, Barbara, Skolkovo Moscow School of Management, Russian Federation
- Mills, Albert, St Mary's University, Canada
- Valeri, Marco, Niccolò Cusano University, Italy
Editorial Board Members
- Aggarwal, Arun, Chitkara University, India
- Aziz, Miriam R., USEK Business School, Lebanon
- Baker, Paul Manuel Aviles, Georgia Institute of Technology, USA
- Bloomfield, Brian, Lancaster University, UK
- Brasseur, Martine, Université Paris V Descartes, France
- Butcher-Powell, Loreen, Bloomsburg University, USA
- Castiaux, Annick, University of Namur, Belgium
- Cazal, Didier, IAE, Université Lille 1, France
- Di Nicola, Patrizio, Sapienza University of Rome, Italy
- Erkol Bayram, Gül, Sinop University, Turkey
- Gareis, Karsten, Empirica: Communication and Technology Research , Germany
- Gomez, Pierre-Yves, EMLyon Business School, France
- Harley, Bill, University of Melbourne, Australia
- Heckscher, Charles, Rutgers University, USA
- Jacob, Real, HEC Montréal, Canada
- Johnson, Laura C., University of Waterloo, Canada
- Katz, Ralph, Northeastern University and MIT, USA
- Lim, Jasper, Merlien Institute, Singapore
- Nilles, Jack M., University of Southern California, USA
- Peters, Pascale, Radboud University Nijmegen, Netherlands
- Standen, Pete, Edith Cowan University, Australia
- Walrave, Michel, University of Antwerp, Belgium
- Willmott, Hugh, Bayes Business School, City University of London, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Linking leadership to employee ingenuity
8 February, 2023
A new study published in the International Journal of Work Innovation, has revealed some interesting insights into creativity among employees of Pakistan's private real estate sector. The research could have important implications for both theory and practice in work innovations in this sector and beyond. The team offers several recommendations for the next steps to be taken in this area of research and suggests similar studies might be fruitful in other regions and in sectors such as the information technology sector as well as in education. Muhammad Bilal Kayani, Komal Shafique, and Maryam Ali of the National University of Modern Languages in Rawalpindi, Pakistan, have carried out a mediation and moderation analysis with a view to understanding the relationship between creativity and leadership in an import sector within the commercial and business worlds, real estate [...]More details...
New Scopus additions and CiteScores for Inderscience journals
13 June, 2023
Scopus has now released its 2022 CiteScores. Inderscience's Editorial Office is pleased to report that many Inderscience journals have improved their CiteScores, particularly the International Journal of Integrated Supply Management, International Journal of Technology Enhanced Learning and International Journal of Structural Engineering. The International Journal of Work Innovation and International Journal of Hydromechatronics have been newly indexed by Scopus and have received their first CiteScores, with the latter title earning a particularly impressive CiteScore of 6.0.
The Editorial Office thanks all of the editors, board members, authors and reviewers who have helped to make these successes possible.