International Journal of Information and Operations Management Education
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Dr. Harm-Jan Steenhuis
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJIOME covers continuing education and lifetime learning in general, but focuses particularly on improving the quality of education and training of information systems (IS) and operations management (OM) subjects. In light of the globalisation of markets and operations, developing suitable training strategies, techniques and tools for effective learning of information systems and operations management is of paramount importance in 21st century organisational competitiveness. Innovation in learning is the key to success in education for information systems and operations management.
Topics covered include
- E/web-based/distance learning, online teaching
- Distance learning strategies/techniques/tools
- Pedagogical issues, knowledge management
- Curriculum design/development
- Group work, case studies
- Industrial projects/visits, virtual tours
- Technology, multimedia, simulation games
- Team teaching
- Innovation in learning
- Teaching quantitative techniques/models
- International comparisons
- Role of publishers/text book authors
- Learning through research
- Continuing education/lifetime learning
- Government/industry/consultant participation
The main objectives of IJIOME are to promote research and practice of innovation and lifetime learning in information systems and operations management. IJIOME aims to help professionals working in the field of information systems and operations management, academic educators, industry consultants, and practitioners to contribute, to disseminate and to learn from each other’s work. The global dimension is emphasised to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the accelerating technological changes and changes in global economy. IJIOME aims to act as a forum for exchanging innovative ideas and sharing practical experiences in teaching and learning of information systems and operations management.
IJIOME is a forum to help professionals, academics, researchers and practitioners, working in the field of education and training of information systems and operations management, to discuss of important ideas, concepts and disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJIOME publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in education of information systems and operations management will occasionally be published.
IJIOME is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Educational Research Abstracts
- Educators Reference Complete (Gale)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Francis (INIST-CNRS)
- Business Collection (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research)
- Info Trac (Gale)
- International Abstracts in Operations Research (Palgrave Macmillan)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
- Studies on Women and Gender Abstracts
IJIOME is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Steenhuis, Harm-Jan, Hawaii Pacific University, USA
- Miller, Marc D., Georgia Regents University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Adam, Frederic, University College Cork, Ireland
- Ahn, Joong-Ho, Seoul National University, South Korea
- Ben-Arieh, David, Kansas State University, USA
- Braha, Daniel, University of Massachusetts – Dartmouth, USA
- Bukh, Per Nikolaj, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Cao, Qing, University of Houston-Downtown, USA
- Chai, Kah-Hin, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Chen, Shaw K., University of Rhode Island, USA
- Edgeman, Rick L., Aarhus University, Denmark
- Ewing, Bradley T., Texas Tech University, USA
- Ferreira, Fernando Alberto Freitas, University Institute of Lisbon, Portugal
- Jardim-Goncalves, Ricardo, New University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Poon, Simpson, Vocational Training Council (VTC), Hong Kong SAR, China
- Rugg, Gordon, Keele University, UK
- Thompson, Mark A., Georgia Regents University, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.