International Journal of Information and Operations Management Education
- Editor in Chief
- Associate Prof. Luna Leoni
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJIOME covers continuing education and lifetime learning, mainly focusing on information systems and operations management subjects, providing high-quality knowledge advancement to researchers and educators. Considering globalisation and digitalisation, developing suitable and innovative training strategies, techniques and tools for effective learning is paramount for organisational competitiveness. Although IJIOME's core areas are information systems and operations management, we welcome contributions in related domains such as HR management, organisation studies, supply chains and sustainability, as long as their main focus is on learning/teaching.
Topics covered include
- Continuing education/lifetime learning
- Curriculum design/development
- Distance learning strategies/techniques/tools
- E/web-based/distance learning, online teaching
- Government/industry/consultant participation
- Group work, case studies
- Industrial projects/visits, virtual tours
- Innovation in learning
- International comparisons
- Learning through research
- Pedagogical issues, knowledge management
- Role of publishers/text book authors
- Teaching quantitative techniques/models
- Team teaching
- Technology, multimedia, simulation games
The main objectives of IJIOME are to promote research and practice of innovation and lifetime learning in information systems and operations management. IJIOME aims to help professionals working in the field of information systems and operations management, academic educators, industry consultants, and practitioners to contribute, to disseminate and to learn from each other’s work. The global dimension is emphasised to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the accelerating technological changes and changes in global economy. IJIOME aims to act as a forum for exchanging innovative ideas and sharing practical experiences in teaching and learning of information systems and operations management.
IJIOME is a forum to help professionals, academics, researchers and practitioners, working in the field of education and training of information systems and operations management, to discuss of important ideas, concepts and disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJIOME publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, case studies, conference reports, management reports, book reviews, notes, commentaries, and news. Special Issues devoted to important topics in education of information systems and operations management will occasionally be published.
IJIOME is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Educational Research Abstracts Online
- Educators Reference Complete (Gale)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Francis (INIST-CNRS)
- OneFile Business (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- ACER (Australian Council for Educational Research)
- Info Trac (Gale)
- International Abstracts in Operations Research
- Studies on Women and Gender Abstracts
IJIOME is listed in:
Editor in Chief
- Leoni, Luna, University of Rome "Tor Vergata", Italy
- Cristofaro, Matteo, University of Rome "Tor Vergata", Italy
- Dekkers, Rob, University of Glasgow, UK
- Soosay, Claudine, University of South Australia, Australia
- Steenhuis, Harm-Jan, Hawaii Pacific University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Alturas, Bráulio, Instituto Universitário de Lisboa, Portugal
- Angelis, Jannis, KTH Royal Institute of Technology, Sweden
- Fleury, Afonso Carlos Correa, Universidade de São Paulo, Brazil
- Garbie, Ibrahim, Helwan University, Egypt
- Gu, Vicky, University of Houston-Clear Lake, USA
- Jeong, Ki-Young, University of Houston Clear Lake, USA
- Madsen, Erik Skov, University of Southern Denmark, Denmark
- Pepper, Matthew, University of Wollongong, Australia
- Pham, D. T., University of Birmingham, UK
- Ponciano, João, University of Glasgow, UK
- Pretorius, Leon, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Rugg, Gordon, Keele University, UK
- Swart, William, East Carolina University, USA
- Tan, Boon Leing, Xian International University, China
- Tarhini, Ali, Sultan Qaboos University, Oman
- Tell, Joakim, Halmstad University, Sweden
- Triche, Jason, University of Montana, USA
- Vanteddu, Gangaraju, Southeast Missouri State University, USA
- Yan, Jie (Kevin), Dalton State College, USA
- Yazici, Hulya Julie, Florida Gulf Coast University, USA
- Zhang, Yufeng, University of Birmingham, UK
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.