International Journal of Agile Systems and Management
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. John Mo
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJASM addresses agility, responsiveness, competitiveness and management of systems, defined as regularly interacting or interdependent groups of items or bodies forming a unified whole. IJASM highlights systems specified, designed, controlled, implemented, commissioned, operated, serviced or maintained with human and society requirements in mind. Examples include engineering assets, environment, building, transport, computers, supply chains, manufacturing, enterprises, and complex engineering products such as aircraft. IJASM acknowledges the need for better understanding of content/context/processes in systems and their interaction with the ever-changing environment.
Topics covered include
- Agile systems design/evaluation; agility theory, strategy, content, context, processes
- Agile organisation, methodology, framework, tools, techniques
- Systems engineering science, engineering of complex enduring systems
- Risks assessment, strategies and methodologies for risks mitigation
- Sustainable systems design, development, operation, maintenance and services
- Supply chain agility, responsiveness, planning, execution, modelling and optimisation
- Operations management and strategy, process improvement
- Benchmarking, metrics and performance drivers for agile organisations
- Clusters, industrial districts and competitiveness
- Enterprise resource planning, modelling, architecture design and methodologies
- Complexity and uncertainty in supply chains and agile diagnostic tools
- Knowledge management, managerial effectiveness and organisational agility
- Decision support systems, performance-based contracting, strategic development for system agility
- Service operations/organisation agility, versatility evaluation in socio-economic systems
- Agile information systems, agile manufacturing technologies, rapid product/service design
The objective of IJASM is to establish an effective channel of communication between academia, industry and persons concerned with the design and development of systems. Change is eternal and perpetual, irrespective of type of system. Systems created in the course of the advance of human civilization need to be functionally and operationally sustainable amid changes in technological, political, socio-economical, financial, cultural and other environmental challenges. IJASM aims to promote and harmonize knowledge developments in the emerging fields of agile systems research, sustainability and vulnerability analysis, risk assessments methodologies, complex systems science, e-organisation and e-supply chain management, with emphasis on the international dimension, particularly breaking cultural barriers, and on national contexts, globalisation and new business practices.
As such, we aim to publish papers presenting new research, innovative theoretical approaches, changes in agile management paradigms, and action (both examples of successes and failures as long as there are important lessons to be learned) from leading scholars and practitioners. Papers generally fall into two broad categories:
- those grounded in theory and/or papers using scientific research methods (e.g., reports of original empirical studies, models, critical reviews of existing empirical research, theory pieces that clearly extend current thinking); and
- those focusing on innovative agile approaches that are based on well reasoned extensions of existing research, experiential knowledge, or exemplary cases (e.g., thought pieces, case studies, etc).
IJASM provides a vehicle to help practitioners, academics and business leaders working in systems design, organisational development, logistics and support, performance improvement, to disseminate and publicise their research work in enabling high level of agility in their systems, fostering debate and facilitating greater learning processes among them.
IJASM publishes original and substantial pieces of work of empirical, theoretical, computational, research and developmental nature. Review papers, technical reports, case studies, selected conference papers, and management reports that demonstrate significant contribution to knowledge are also considered. Special Issues devoted to important topics in agile systems and organisation, competitiveness, responsiveness and versatility will occasionally be published.
IJASM is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- General OneFile (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJASM is listed in:
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
- Chartered Association of Business Schools (CABS) Academic Journal Guide
Editor in Chief
- Mo, John, RMIT University, Australia
- Stjepandic, Josip, PROSTEP AG, Germany
- Chen, Bernard, Monash University, Australia
- Elgh, Fedrik, Jönköping University, Sweden
Editorial Board Members
- Afsarmanesh, Hamideh, University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Biahmou, Alain, EDAG AG, Germany
- Bititci, Umit S., Heriot Watt University, UK
- Borsato, Milton, Federal University of Technology - Parana, Brazil
- Camarinha-Matos, Luis M., New University of Lisbon, Portugal
- Chan, Felix T.S., The Hong Kong Polytechnic University, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Fukuda, Yoshiro, Hosei University, Japan
- Gunasekaran, Angappa, California State University, Bakersfield, USA
- Gupta, Surendra M., Northeastern University, USA
- Hsu, John C., California State University, USA
- Lau, Henry C. W., University of Western Sydney, Australia
- Mak, K.L., University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- McFarlane, Duncan, University of Cambridge, UK
- Moore, Philip, University College Falmouth, UK
- Moser, Bryan R., Massachussets Institute of Technology, USA
- Oh, Kok-Boon, La Trobe University, Australia
- Ortiz, Angel, Universidad Politécnica de Valencia, Spain
- Ostrosi, Egon, Université de Technologie de Belfort-Montbéliard, France
- Peruzzini, Margherita, Università degli Studi di Modena e Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Rajendran, Chandrasekharan, Indian Institute of Technology Madras, India
- Ren, Jun, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- Roy, Rajkumar, Universtiy of Cranfield, UK
- Schoensleben, Paul, ETH - Swiss Federal Institute of Technology, Zurich, Switzerland
- Singh, Valdew, Nanyang Polytechnic, Singapore
- Trappey, Amy J.C., National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan
- Verhagen, Wim J. C., Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Wognum, Nel, Delft University of Technology, Netherlands
- Wong, Chee, University of Leeds, UK
- Xu, Wensheng, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
- Xu, Xun, University of Auckland, New Zealand
- Yu, Hongnian, Bournemouth University, UK
- Zeadally, Sherali, University of Kentucky, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.