International Journal of Services Operations and Informatics
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. Daniel Palacios
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
Advances in distributed computing and networks make it possible to link people, heterogeneous service providers and physically isolated services efficiently and cost-effectively. As the economic dynamics and complexity of service operations continue to increase, it becomes a critical challenge to leverage information technology in achieving world-class quality and productivity in the production and delivery of physical goods and services. IJSOI addresses state-of-the-art R&D in the areas of service operations and the role of informatics towards improving their efficiency and competitiveness.
Topics covered include
- Service science, engineering, practice
- Service design, modelling, delivery, operations
- Service networks, management, sustainability
- Healthcare delivery networks
- Homeland security networks
- Logistics planning, integrated logistics networks, supply/demand forecasting
- Customer relationship management
- Production planning, scheduling, control
- System integration/modelling, information integration, decision support systems
- Production and service information systems
- Event management systems
- Real time identification/tracking, RFID technology/application
- Sensor-based networks for service operations
- Warehousing/distribution, intelligent transport systems
- Simulation, data warehousing, data mining, knowledge integration
The objectives of the IJSOI are:
- to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with the science and technology of service operations and information technology and
- to promote research and practice of new strategies, operations, and technologies for realising competitive advantages of both service providers and enablers around the world
The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating service globalisation and technological change and changes in the global economy. IJSOI will publish high quality papers in all areas of service design, operations, and management; service process engineering; event management; production; integrated logistics and supply chain networks; productivity and quality management; and communications and information systems. Ultimately, the presented empirical results, discovered science and technology in the areas of service operations and informatics can be effectively disseminated in academia and explained to policy makers, practising professionals and managers.
IJSOI is a forum to help researchers, professionals, business analysts, managers, and policy makers, working in the field of service operations and information technology, to exchange their learning and disseminate their findings of the science and technology in the areas of service operations and information technology.
IJSOI publishes innovative and original papers, survey papers, technical correspondence, case studies, conference reports, management reports, and book reviews. Special Issues devoted to important topics in Service Operations and Informatics will occasionally be published.
IJSOI is indexed in:
- Scopus (Elsevier)
- Asian Digital Library
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Google Scholar
- Inspec (Institution of Engineering and Technology)
- International Abstracts in Operations Research (Palgrave Macmillan)
- ProQuest Advanced Technologies Database with Aerospace
IJSOI is listed in:
- Australian Business Deans Council Journal Rankings List
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Palacios, Daniel, Universitat Politècnica de València, Spain
Associate Editor Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Jiang, Zhibin, Shanghai Jiao Tong University, China
Associate Editor Decision Science
- Chen, Mei-Fang, Tatung University, Taiwan
Associate Editor Manufacturing and Service Operations
- Benyoucef, Lyes, Aix-Marseille University, France
Associate Editors Operations Management
- Riemma, Stefano, University of Salerno, Italy
- Zhang, Juliang, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
Associate Editor Service Science and Sustainability
- Lin, Grace Y., Asia University, Taiwan
Associate Editor System Integration and Modelling
- Qian, Li, South Dakota State University, USA
- Qiu, Robin G., The Pennsylvania State University, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Adil, Gajendra K., Indian Institute of Technology Bombay, India
- Banerjee, Amarnath, Texas A&M University, USA
- Cheng, Chun Hung, The Chinese University of Hong Kong, Hong Kong SAR, China
- Dong, Jin, IBM China Research Lab, China
- Feng, Cheng-Min, National Chiao Tung University, Taiwan
- Högberg, Dan, University of Skövde, Sweden
- Hu, Xiaohua (Tony), Drexel University, USA
- Jaggi, Chandra K, University of Delhi, India
- Kachani, Soulaymane, Columbia University, USA
- Kwon, Changhyun, University at Buffalo, SUNY, USA
- Lambiase, Alfredo, University of Salerno, Italy
- Lee, Jay, University of Cincinnati, USA
- Leung, Ying Tat, IBM Almaden Research Center, USA
- Li, Dong, University of Liverpool, UK
- Lima, Ricardo Massa Ferreira, Federal University of Pernambuco, Brazil
- Meng, Qingliang, Jiangsu University of Science and Technology, China
- Niemi, Esko, Helsinki University of Technology, Finland
- Sainfort, Francois, University of Minnesota, USA
- Sen, Suvrajeet, The Ohio State University, USA
- Shapiro, Jeremy, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Son, Young-Jun, University of Arizona, USA
- Sonehara, Noboru, National Institute of Informatics (NII), Japan
- Sun, Wei, Drexel University, USA
- Teich, Tobias, Westsächsische Hochschule Zwickau, Germany
- Wang, Walter, The Pennsylvania State University, USA
- Wu, Hsien-Jung, National Taichung University of Science and Technology, Taiwan
- Xu, Qi, Donghua University, China
- Yee, John, United States Coast Guard, USA
- Zhang, Runtong, Beijing Jiaotong University, China
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- Submit here.
Twofish to protect your medical records
6 February, 2019
Electronic health records (EHRs) are becoming more and more prevalent. There is thus an increased risk of data leaks, breaches or other ways in which personal and private medical information might be compromised. As such, a team from India has now described an efficient two-stage encryption for securing personal health records stored "in the cloud" [...]More details...
New Editor for International Journal of Services Operations and Informatics
7 November, 2018
Dr. Daniel Palacios from Universitat Politècnica de València in Spain has been appointed to take over editorship of the International Journal of Services Operations and Informatics.