International Journal of Social Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Editor in Chief
- Dr. John O. Okpara
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 4 issues per year
IJSEI provides valuable insights into successful business techniques and strategies in the emerging field of social entrepreneurship, including theoretical perspectives, cutting-edge research, and actionable solutions to identified problems of particular interest to policy makers in government and international agencies, academics and researchers.
Topics covered include
- Education and literacy, poverty alleviation strategies
- Diversity, multiculturalism, cross-cultural management
- Corporate social responsibility
- Global/local environmental issues
- Funding social entrepreneur ventures
- Women/minority entrepreneurs, immigrant entrepreneurship
- Social policy and economic issues
- Health, medical, bioethics issues
- Human rights and social service issues
- Economics and sustainability, entrepreneurship and sustainable development
- Role of NGOs and economic development
- Entrepreneurial opportunities for the disabled and the poor
- Technology/social innovation, technology-based social enterprises
- Social challenges and technology innovations
The objectives of IJSEI are to establish an effective channel of communication between policy makers, government agencies, academic and research institutions and persons concerned with complex global social issues and innovation. It also aims to promote and coordinate developments in the emerging field of social entrepreneurship. The international dimension is emphasised in order to overcome cultural and national barriers and to meet the needs of accelerating technological and innovative activities taking place in the global economy.
IJSEI provides a vehicle to help professionals, academics, researchers and policy makers, working in all the functional areas of management, social sciences, public administration, NGOs, technology, engineering, and education, and practitioners, to disseminate information and to learn from each other's work.
IJSEI publishes original papers, review papers, technical reports, and case studies. Special issues devoted to important topics in social entrepreneurship and innovation will occasionally be published.
Editor in Chief
- Okpara, John O., Bloomsburg Univeristy of Pennsylvania, USA
- Halkias, Daphne, École des Ponts ParisTech, France
- Morfopoulos, Richard, Briarcliffe College - Patchogue, USA
- Harkiolakis, Nicholas, University of Liverpool, UK
- Marjerison, Rob, Wenzhou-Kean University, China
- Thurman, Paul W., Columbia University, USA
Regional Editor Africa
- Nkamnebe, Anayo D., Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Nigeria
Regional Editor Asia, Australia and New Zealand
- Vaccarino, Franco A., Massey University, New Zealand
Regional Editor Europe
- Cassia, Lucio, Università degli Studi di Bergamo, Italy
Regional Editors North and South America
- Grosso, Jean-Luc E., University of South Carolina, USA
- Smith, Teresa L., University of South Carolina, USA
Editorial Board Members
- Adendorff, Chris, Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University, South Africa
- Alderson, Keanon J., California Baptist University, USA
- Alserhan, Baker Ahmad Abdullah, Princess Sumaya University for Technology (PSUT), Jordan
- Bathala, Chenchuramaiah, Cleveland State University, USA
- Curtis, Timothy, University of Northampton, UK
- De Massis, Alfredo, Free University of Bolzano, Italy
- Demirdjian, Z.S., California State University, USA
- Ekonomou, Lambros, A.S.P.E.T.E. School of Pedagogical and Technological Education, Greece
- Harper, Timothy, Skidmore College, USA
- Jalajas, David S., Long Island University, USA
- Kabongo, Jean D., University of South Florida, Sarasota-Manatee, USA
- Katsikis, Ioannis N., Athens University of Economics and Business, Greece
- Khatiwada, Ekanath, c/o SNV-The Netherlands Development Organisation, Zambia
- Komodromos, Marcos, University of Nicosia, Cyprus
- Koveos, Peter E., Syracuse University, USA
- Kuada, John, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Nwajiuba, Chinedum, Building Nigeria's Response to Climate Change (BNRCC), Nigeria
- Prinia, Despina, Hellenic American University, Greece
- Rishi, Meenakshi, Seattle University Albers School of Business and Economics, USA
- Yartey, Charles Amo, International Monetary Fund (IMF), USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.