International Journal of Quality and Innovation
- Editor in Chief
- Prof. Marc Lim
- ISSN online
- ISSN print
- 2 issues per year
Both 'quality' and 'innovation' play vital roles for businesses to remain competitive. Broadly-speaking, quality aims for high and sustainable performance in existing business areas, while innovation aims for breakthrough. Both concepts are in some ways mutually dependent, yet mutually paradoxical. IJQI serves as a multi-industry platform to address issues of quality and innovation facing businesses, especially how quality and innovation may be integrated into a coherent and powerful strategic package, and the dilemmas/tensions faced in pursuing quality and innovation concurrently.
Topics covered include
- The strategies and integration of quality and innovation
- The dilemmas and tensions of quality and innovation
- Leadership and management issues in achieving quality and innovation
- Socio-cultural issues in quality and innovation
- Training and education issues in quality and innovation
- Change management in achieving quality and innovation
- Risk and cost of quality and innovation
- Technologies, techniques and tools for quality and innovation
- Performance indicators for quality and innovation
- Quality assurance systems and innovation frameworks
- Innovative solutions for quality challenges
- Quality platform for innovation and breakthrough
- The relationship between quality and innovation and other disciplines such as knowledge management, total quality management and organisational learning
- National policies for quality and innovation
- Quality and innovation through industry-university collaboration
IJQI aims to promote understanding and dialogue across cultures and industries on the issues of quality and innovation by serving as a platform where new theories, research findings and case studies can be published and shared internationally.
IJQI is a vehicle which provides the latest findings and developments to industry leaders, corporate managers, engineers, scientists, consultants, academics and researchers involved in the field of quality and innovation. IJQI is a forum through which members of different professional communities (manufacturing or services sectors; public or private sectors; profit or non-profit sectors) can disseminate theories, strategies and practices involved in quality and innovation, thus learning from one other's expertise and experience.
IJQI publishes original papers in theoretical development and empirical research, case studies, discussion papers dealing with the frontiers of quality and innovation, conference reports, book reviews, commentaries and news. Special issues devoted to important themes in the area of quality and innovation will also be published from time to time. IJQI welcomes contributions from academics, researchers, industry leaders and practitioners across the globe and from any industry.
IJQI is indexed in:
- Academic OneFile (Gale)
- cnpLINKer (CNPIEC)
- Expanded Academic ASAP (Gale)
- Google Scholar
- Info Trac (Gale)
IJQI is listed in:
- National Agency for Evaluation of the University and Research System (ANVUR)
- Cabell's Directory of Publishing Opportunities
Editor in Chief
- Lim, Marc, Swinburne University of Technology, Australia
- Wynn, Katherine, Ontario Tech University, Canada
Editorial Board Members
- Al-Hemyari, Zuhair, University of Nizwa, Oman
- Aylward, David, University of Technology, Sydney, Australia
- Azis, Yudi, Universitas Padjadjaran, Indonesia
- Banerji, Sujit, University of Warwick, UK
- Campbell, David, University of Klagenfurt, Austria
- Cardinali, Silvio, Università Politecnica delle Marche, Italy
- Charles, Cheng, United Nations Industrial Development Organization, Austria
- Chung, Hwa-Hsu, National Kaohsiung University of Applied Sciences, Taiwan, Province of China
- Ciasullo, Maria Vincenza, University of Salerno, Italy
- Douglas, Alexander, Management University of Africa, Kenya
- Douglas, Jacqueline, Liverpool John Moores University, UK
- Ferooq, Sami, Aalborg University, Denmark
- Hayward, Fred M., World Bank on Quality Assurance and Accreditation, USA
- Karimi, Iftekhar, National University of Singapore, Singapore
- Liang, Thow Yick, Singapore Management University, Singapore
- Moyano-Fuentes, José, University of Jaén, Spain
- Örtenblad, Anders, Nord Univesrsity, Norway
- Prencipe, Antonio, University of Teramo, Italy
- Retna, Kala S., Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand
- Richon, Dominique, École Nationale Supérieure des Mines de Paris-ParisTech, France
- Sarkar, Niloy, NSHM Knowledge Campus and Maulana Abul Kalam Azad University of Technology, India
- Zhao, Yushan, University of Wisconsin, USA
A few essentials for publishing in this journal
- Submitted articles should not have been previously published or be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper has been completely re-written (more details available here) and the author has cleared any necessary permissions with the copyright owner if it has been previously copyrighted.
- Briefs and research notes are not published in this journal.
- All our articles go through a double-blind review process.
- All authors must declare they have read and agreed to the content of the submitted article. A full statement of our Ethical Guidelines for Authors (PDF) is available.
- There are no charges for publishing with Inderscience, unless you require your article to be Open Access (OA). You can find more information on OA here.
- All articles for this journal must be submitted using our online submissions system.
- View Author guidelines.
Call for Special Issue Proposals
6 June, 2018
The International Journal of Quality and Innovation's Editor in Chief, Prof. Marc Lim, has issued a call for special issue proposals. The full details can be downloaded here (PDF).